Insimenator.org
May 05, 2024, 10:12:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flashing Blue Maxis Bench on Lot  (Read 1614 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2008, 12:41:03 pm »

*blink* It's not even CC! I've started to play my game more and noticed a flashing bench in some of the community lots. Same stupid bench, too. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fix (since it's not CC)? I just don't want my game to crash because of a stupid bench.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ones that actually fix it even moreso! *grins*

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

DOHC46

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 12:52:32 pm »

I've heard this problem occurs if you have an old graphics driver.  First thing to do is check your drivers for updates.  Also, you may want to double check to make sure your graphics card is up to the challenge of running the game.  I think if you have more that 6 EP's, the graphics card minimum requirements increase.  I hope this helps.

The only way to stop SecuROM is to file legal complaints with FTC.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
I urge ANYONE who has had problems caused by SecuROM to register a complaint right away.  As gamers, we should be able to play our games as soon as we buy or patch them and not need help from the security software's support staff!
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 01:26:33 pm »

Thank you for responding! I guess I should have listed my specs. My computer is only a few months old and everything was working right before. Nothing changed on my computer. I did install the K&B SP and FT. But I'm not certain if this was the change that did it. *hopes for more answers*

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 01:26:35 pm »

Red flashing indicates a graphic problem, blue is usually mesh related. I'm trying to think why a maxis object would be flashing blue and all I can think of is maybe it became corrupt somehow.

On an offchance have you tried deleting cigen.package et al?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 02:15:31 pm »

I've had flashing blue Maxis every now and then.  Not sure what causes it, but the fix for me has to been to use the Design Tool to select it, then just cancel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: