Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 06:35:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have tips on how to make a Sim look like a real person?  (Read 5400 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
puppyluver0811

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2008, 02:05:13 pm »

Hi!
Im trying to make a sim that looks like my cousin, and i was wondering if anyone had tips on how to make them have as much "Likeness" as possible?

any tips are appreciated!!!!!
thanks!!
-puppyluver0811

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away[/I]
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 08:17:29 pm »

Get some realistic skin tones..there are some nice ones here, and also at MTS. Get some realistic eyes and hair, as well.
I'd use a photo of the person in question, with a full face and side profile to make sure it looks like them.
It is difficult to totally recreate real people in the game, but with a little effort, you can come close to it. I've made myself and I must say I look pretty good-even though it's at a younger age (by about 20 years)!
Good luck.

puppyluver0811

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 12:29:22 am »

Thanks so much, Mary!!

anyone else?

Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away[/I]
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 01:16:02 am »

Look for things like add ons for the face- shadows, eye circles/bags, freckles etc... there's a whole slew of them out there... and you will find that a skintone makes a huge difference- some of the ones made for celeb sims work nicely because they've been enhanced a bit. Wink

Work on the facial features that strike you the most prominent/unique... if someone has great eyes then that is the thing you want to get the closest to... that way the little things you can't get perfect won't be as obvious.

Make one sim that is roughly what you want - then when you get to a point you can't get it any closer- save it.  THEN go back and clone that sim and work on it some more.

(I had to make about 4 or 5 to get you looking like you... lol)

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:00:11 am »

I was her first test subject. (I think I was)

She did a great job. I'm still in awe.

People should start sending her huskless popcorn!!

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 02:09:23 am »

LMAO--- oh that is toooo funny! :rofl:

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 02:11:30 am »

LOL

Thought you'd like that Cheesy

The Sims 3.........NO!
puppyluver0811

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 02:30:46 am »

thanks, Dances!

thanks EKozski!

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 02:31:23 am »

You're welcome!

The Sims 3.........NO!
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:54:53 am »

You're welcome sweetie! Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 04:28:38 pm »

Only one other hint. Use the grid method artists use for proportions.

I watched my GF do sim me, and thats what she did measured my eye length compared to face width and so on, it came out looking like me without laugh lines of course and my hair is much straighter and I have kind of half bangs but there is no hair like that this one is closest.

My avi is what she made of sim me Smiley

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
puppyluver0811

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 01:32:09 am »

thanks

Kivak

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 01:30:18 pm »

You are welcome.

Practice makes perfect too. The first Sims I made were ugly! Now I make okay ones not as good as my GF though

There is one thing in this world you can give others and still keep, and that is knowledge.
Ok maybe I will find a better siggy for now, keep on rockin!
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 11:05:11 am »

Well, to make a sim look real, First step from me...

1.) Download Sazi's Face replacements at MTS2
2.) Download Rensims Skintones,louis skintones,Enayla skintones these what I use.
3.) at Sim cribbing download louis Blush face mask this will sparkle your sim's face very realistic.
4.) Grab some Realistic lips. I perfer A.S.K lips they are very realistic lips.
5.) grab some hairs, if u make black sims, feel free to download my hairs in the male hair Thread here.
6.) find a pic of a real person, Carefully Study his/hers face will, My art teacher once told me, if u mess up on a pic of a person,it don't matter messed up they like, keep tryin' till u get it right. I kept this sayin for a very longtime,To me, simming is very easy and simple to do, u got be patiance and take your time when doing a face, trust me the more u do it, the better u become.

take my advice dude  u can do it

Happy simming

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 08:41:25 pm »

Oh, definitely Ren skins, like geezy said!! they're all I use...but Enayla is excellent too.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: