Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 11:21:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing neighborhood name/description bug?  (Read 3028 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Genvieve

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2008, 08:23:03 pm »

I have been experiencing an unusual bug that I have not heard of before.

What happens is that when I quit the game, my custom neighborhoods lose their name/description. I just see the picture with a blank underneath the next time I open the game. o_0 I can still select, enter, play, and build in this neighborhood just fine. Houses and families I create retain their given names. It's only the neighborhood itself that loses its name.

I have Sims 2, Nightlife, Uni, and Open for Business installed. This problem did not appear in Sims 2, but after I installed the three expansions together it started happening. Pleasantville, Veronaville, and Strangetown are not affected, but every new neighborhood I create inevitably loses its name after saving and quitting.

I do use custom content, but even when I moved my downloads folder elsewhere the same issue occurred.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar glitch and your solution.

I am using iBook G4 Tiger, if that helps. I can also take a screenshot later.

Frankly, the missing name/description doesn't bother me very much and I will learn to live with it if there is no way around it. (It's not as if I plan to build a lot of neighborhoods.) I'm posting mostly because I am curious and in case there is a simple fix.

I cannot uninstall/reinstall everything unless I go to borrow the CDs from my friend again, so if that's necessary I think I'll just live with my weird little bug. xD

Thank you for helping!
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:54:18 pm »

hello

did you try to delete your neiberhood folder and then reload your game thats what i did and it fix my problem.

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: