Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:10:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cassandra Goth's glasses - missing?  (Read 2272 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Snape_Fangirly

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:11:55 pm »

I need Cassandra Goth's glasses for a sim I'm making, and they *should* be in the glasses section from the base game, right? Wrong. The only glasses I see (in Body Shop) are a pair I downloaded and the shades from Maxis.

Is this something that was done away with in an EP/SP? Is there somewhere where I could get them? I have a recolor, but logic tells me that you'll need Cassandra's glasses for the recolor to show.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:54:46 pm »

it may very well be the case that the glasses you downloaded override
the maxis mesh, try removing the ones you downloaded and see if
Cassandra's glasses show up.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Snape_Fangirly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 05:19:46 pm »

I don't believe the glasses were there before the recolor was installed. If the recolor was going to override the Maxis mesh, the download should've said that, right? (It didn't.) Here's the link to the recolor, if needed.

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104113&c=1
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:08:29 am »

From what I can tell, the glasses are in the game for children and adults, but not for teens for some reason.  I've got some recolors from simtech2 of the frames only for all ages, male and female, but they exist no more.  Unlike the recolors on MTS2, these lenses aren't tinted.
Snape_Fangirly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:46:22 pm »

The recolor shows and is useable, but I'm still not seeing the original pair of glasses. The sim I'm using the glasses for is an adult, so they (the originals) should still show if ancient's line of thinking is right.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 09:28:13 pm »

I just check in CAS in my game (all ages) and they are showing for females of all ages but not for males higher then kids but if I grow a male kid up to elder, it keeps them but they do not show in the list! Weird.

As for bodyshop, it is the same as in CAS.  They are showing for me.  I have all ep's install except the Pet ep and no stuff packs.

I did not install that recolor so you know.

I would try to remove that recolor and see or remove any other cc glasses you have to see if they will show up.  It could be that the maker either forgot to mention it or did not realise its creation was replacing those.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:36:28 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Snape_Fangirly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 10:41:44 pm »

So I guess Maxis figured nobody needs glasses if they're above a child's age, huh? XD Odd people, they are.

Thanks, MissDoh. I'll try that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: