Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 01:46:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on patching the games needed  (Read 2963 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:26:07 pm »

Hello.

The only EP I used to have was UNI, and for years all I could think about when I was playing or downloading new objects was: "When will I be able to get the expansions? Why am I so miserable?".

Finally I got some extra money, and I went and bought all the EPs and Stuff Packs. I've got now the complete collection up to Freetime, because Apartment Life is not out there yet, at least in my country.

The thing is: in case any of the cds was wrong and I had to take it back to the store, I installed all the EPs, one after the other one... and when I was done, and everything was working I realised... what about the official patches?

What about them? Do I need them? Do I need only the one for Freetime? In case I need all of them, can I download them and install them now? Was I suppose to install every patch immediatelly after the EP it is meant to patch?

Well, please, help.

Thanks!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:44:08 pm »

You need all the patches after each EP.

FreeTime patch is iffy.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:51:53 pm »

Yep you have to install the patch after each ep, and it's best to do it in order of release. Like so:

Sims 2
Patch
University
Patch
Nightlife
Patch
OFB
Patch
Pets
Patch
BV
Patch
FT
Patch (?)

Like EKozski said, the FT patch is iffy, which is why I put a question mark after it. If FT works just fine for you, then don't bother patching. I've heard a lot of complaints about the FT patch breaking more than it fixes.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SIMone de beauvoir

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 12:24:13 pm »

Oooooooooh well.
I guess I'll just unistall everything and start from scratch! Shoot!
I wanted to start playing! I can't wait!

Anyway,
thanks for the useful info you both!
dare2DV8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14:19 am »

I have been wondering about this myself lately since having to uninstall/reinstall my game a few times and have a few questions that were not covered here on the topic.

1. Is it a fact that the next EP does not include the fixes released with the previous expansion's patch(es)? I previously assumed that the EPs would include the fixes.

2. What about when the official site has released more than 1 patch for a specific expansion? Does the latest one include all the fixes or do you need to install each one?

3. I read somewhere that you should play the game a bit first instead of just directly installing the patches right after installation. Is this true? The poster didn't specifically say, but I figured the reason would be so that the bugs would occur and then the patch could fix the problem.

Currently, I have Sims 2 Base Game - Seasons and Family Fun - Happy Holiday Stuff installed. I am hoping to avoid SecuROM, and haven't installed any of the latest EPs because I am sorting some things out first. If I don't plan on getting the official patches for the EPs which include SecuROM and if the EPs themselves do not include the fixes, how do I be sure my game will be fine?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:16:51 am by dare2DV8 » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 02:58:07 am »

The Offical Site will have the patches. You just have to look. I think they'll come in PC DVD or Digital Download. Pick which one you need.

I've never played my game after the installation of each EP. I just installed each EP, patched and rebooted. One after the other.

As for SecuRom, I have up to OFB, and I don't have it from The Sims games.

My version is a very early one, I have Diablo II, Lord Of Destruction. That came with one of the updates because I play on Battlenet alot. It just verifies my screen name and if my game is up to date.

EP's don't always include fixes, that's why there's patches.

The Sims 3.........NO!
dare2DV8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:21:05 am »

Thanks for your reply, Ekozski, however I don't know as you really understood what I was asking. I have gotten all the patches for the games I currently have, I just wasn't sure if the fixes were included in the EPs as well or not. It's the most recent patches that I am skeptical about.

This is my main query:

Since, as I understand it, all EPs/SPs after and including H&M Fashion and Bon Voyage have SecuROM I am looking into alternative versions in order to avoid SecuROM. I also wish to avoid the official patches for those EPs since they also include SecuROM. So what I am wondering is, how do I have the fixes for my games without the official patches? Has anyone released the official patches free of SecuROM? Or am I going to need to get numerous hacks to fix bugs instead of 1 patch?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 03:30:09 am »

The patches I think you will need.

My understanding is, only the Offical Site has the patches/fixes. And, if you go the hack route, you might end up with conflicts.

You may have to look for alternative means to play your games if you want to avoid SecruRom. It's against the rules to link to such places. And, I don't personally know of any of those places.

The Sims 3.........NO!
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 01:28:04 pm »

I've dlded all patches as I've needed them, but every time I tried to install, I'd get a message saying my game was already patched! And I tried it a couple of times to make sure, and no, could not install any of the patches... Could it be because I've bought the eps/sps much later than their first release? (I'm guessing by then they've already been patched?).

Still I wonder 'cause I believe I've experienced some of the things the patches were meant to fix. I just don't want to go down several lists of problems to find out I still need the patches but have no way of installing...:sad4:
Mari
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 09:15:14 pm »

You have to patch the games after you install each ep.

Sims 2
Patch
University
Patch

Etc.

If you install all the EPs and then try to istall all the patches, it won't work.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 09:22:00 pm »

It is a good idea to patch all the eps...Because of the glitches and such...The only one I haven't patched is freetime, because as caffeinated.joy said the free-time patch can make things worse rather than better...(:

xx

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 09:35:26 pm »

**looking for the worse since I've patched FT**
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: