Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 08:23:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anybody tell me why the !@#$ Bodyshop is crashing?  (Read 1944 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
devind

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:29:58 pm »

I know I might need to give some system specs here, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Bodyshop will load up to about 1 bar, and then the whole This Program dbsdfksjfljlds blah blah blah must terminate. I go through my most recent expansion, which it isn't hard because it's freetime. It's not CC because I went to bodyshop one day, It was perfect. I downloaded no CC. I went to bodyshop the next day, bam it crashes. I don't want to go through 92348230948392084 files of cc in case it's the whole Sim06.package or whatever sooo.. Can anybody help me out here? Sad
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 09:48:58 pm »

Try moving out your SavedSims folder... it's probably a corrupt sim in that folder causing the crashing.  Wink

Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:06:37 pm »

hello

tenshi is right and i know by expiriance because it Happen to me and it was because of a corrupted sim.

Good luck in fixing your problem

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
devind

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 10:54:55 pm »

omg!! it worked! thank you so much!
but how do i figure out which one was corrupt... do i have to put them back in one-by-one and then when bodyshop crashes.. that's the one? haha isn't there an easier way?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 01:07:05 am »

Nope, I don't think so. Try splitting you saved sims in half. Put one half in, then take it out and put the other half in. Ideally, one half should crash BS the other shouldn't. Take the 1/2 that crashes BS and split it in half again. Repeat until you have the corrupt sim. It's tedious, but better than going one by one.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:09:29 am »

Even simpler if it's really a sim doing that... usually when you create and save a sim in Bodyshop, it has a funny name with a mixture of letters and numbers on both sides of the underscore (i.e. 830c483_c288c0da.package).  Try finding those types of files and testing those out in the same manner that Joy mentioned.  I do it that way because it saves a little time... but it's best you probably do it completely the way she has it.  :smile bi:

devind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:32:41 am »

That's odd.. all of them have a letter/number combo on both sides of underscores. I'll just split it half/half then, thank you everybody for your help! I really appreciate it. :3
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 01:41:17 pm »

If that's the case, that means all of them are sims.  :smile bi:  I'm guessing you haven't made any Bodyshop projects in saying that, so there shouldn't be any interference from any other items (custom clothing/hair/skin/etc. files you may have made for your own personal use) in that folder.  Wink  Keep on chuggin', and I hope you find that file.  :lol:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: