Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 09:01:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods, Hack, Global Mods, Global Hacks...  (Read 1337 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:34:44 am »

I've always been curious as to what the difference is between a Mod, a Hack, and a Global Mod, and a Global Hack.

At first, I thought a Mod was something that altered the entire game, like Closer Family, or the Inteenimator, and that a Hack was something that altered the way an object was used, like the Sinful Shower.

But now I'm finding what people call Hacks can also be very game altering like mods and vice versa: mods can be very similar to what I believed was a Hack (Alarm Clocks on Tables [Mod]).

Then, now there are what are called Global Mods, and Global Hacks?

I'm just curious - are the Globals what alter the way the game is played and the regular mods / hacks really the same thing that just affect individual things, such as moods and objects?

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:38:14 am »

This might help you out.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 12:06:59 pm »

Okay, thanks.

Mods and Hacks? Same thing?

A big reason I'm asking is because I'm past due on the routine maintenance and housekeeping of the Sims files and I just wanted to know what to put where for my own reference.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:19:58 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: