Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 09:03:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem With Create-A-Sim  (Read 5768 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yvette368

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:13:04 am »

Ive been having this problem for quite a while now.
Everytime i go to create a sim & then save it, the game crashes. Yet if i play one of the sims that comes with the game it doesnt crash at all & i get no problems lol.
I was wondering if i build a sim in body shop & package it can i import it to my game then its in the family bin so that i can just select them? Is there a way to get a sim in the game without actually going to the create a sim bit lol.
Ive seen some beautiful sims here that i really want too lol - maxis sure made ugly sims for the game lmao

Thank you so much
-x-
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:01:46 am »

you might want to try and delete your cigen.package file right inside your Sims 2 folder.

The game will regenerate one.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:01:45 am »

Hiya thank you for getting back but i did what you said and it still didnt work. Just crashed when i was saving the sim Sad
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:19:45 am »

I just realized, the cigen file is for body shop, that was my mistake. I'm sorry.

You might want to try and take your downloads folder out. It might be some kind of mesh problem. If you can go to Create A Sim, and save it, then you'll know.

Just an idea.

The Sims 3.........NO!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:13:14 am »

Are you using a custom CAS? If so try removing it. Also, try deleting your groups.cache

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 02:10:46 pm »

No i tried with and without custom content and it still did it. I havent changed the cas screen either. I can play with sims that came with the game. I managed to find a decent looking one and change her appearance, thing is shes obssessed with grill cheese and thats all she wants to do lmao
-x-
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 03:26:17 pm »

You've tried deleting your  and Accessory.cache files, along with your ContentRegistry, right?  That, along with the cigen.package and Groups.cache files that EKozski and Joy mentioned are files that are easily corrupted.  And not only that, if removing the custom content doesn't help, that definitely rules out the possibility of an incompatible accessory/clothing mesh causing the problem.  :dontknow:

Have you also tried moving out your SavedSims folder to see what happens?

It's also possible that you had a "bad" install and some random file that's in your Program Files Sims 2 folder was corrupted... if deleting those files doesn't help, you can do the "save for last" method, which is basically backing up your files in your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 directory and re-installing your game.

localhuman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 02:45:03 am »

I get the same problems
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 05:14:44 am »

I was wondering if i build a sim in body shop & package it can i import it to my game then its in the family bin so that i can just select them? Is there a way to get a sim in the game without actually going to the create a sim bit lol.
Ive seen some beautiful sims here that i really want too lol - maxis sure made ugly sims for the game lmao

One possibility that I've seen used is to get the creator of the sim to move their sim into a vacant lot and then upload the lot along with the sim. You can then move the sim into the family bin and then into whatever lot you wish. I've seen this technique used with several servo characters, such as C-3P0, E-3P0, and a Cylon Centurion. I've used the C-3P0 one with no problems. I've not had the CAS problem you describe and am at a loss if what EKozski, Joy, and Tenshii suggested hasn't worked. Those folks know what they are doing.
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 05:35:57 am »

Eeeeks i reinstalled all my sims last night & did what everyone said in ths thread and it still crashes. Even when i make a sim with no custom content.

I was wondering if someone could make a sim for me, with all the personality, star sign etc that you do in create a sim and upload it for me lol or is that too cheeky or not allowed?

I know what sim i want but just cant get it cos of this problem
Thank you
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:03 am »

I don't think that can be done. I could be wrong.

No matter what you try to do, in the end, you'll have to use, the CAS.

Every Sim I've ever downloaded I had to go through, CAS and give them their personality and what-not.

The Sims 3.........NO!
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 06:30:20 am »

I know that you can import sims from one comp to another so wont that be like doing the same thing?
If someone makes a sim in create a sim they can package up and download it to their comp, wouldnt i just be able to get that and put it in a folder & that sim will be in my sim bin thing?
Wahhhhh guess ill just have to use what maxis put on the game then
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 06:36:42 am »

I'm just thinking, if someone uses SimPE to extract a Sim, if the Sim would be intact with personality and all. This way you can bypass CAS.

Worth checking into.

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 06:37:10 am »

Have you removed all of the custom content from your game and tried using CAS?  If you can do that, then you have some CC that's bad for your game.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 07:12:22 am »

Over on MTS2, a creator, earendil, packages sims on empty lots, when you download them they show up in the houses/lots bin. To get the sim into your game you place the lot in your neighborhood, move the sim from there to the family bin, then you move it to whatever lot you want. So far, different servos are the only thing I've seen that creator do, but it might be worth visiting the site and trying to contact that creator. Perhaps they can help.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: