Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 01:27:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheat Help Please  (Read 4839 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yvette368

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:55:37 pm »

Hiya
Grr this has been driving me mad for almost 2hrs lmao. Im trying to do the one more slot package so that i can put more stuff on tables etc. I try both the cheat codes you need for them and they keep saying error so i cant get them to work :bawl:
Can someone please help me
Thank you
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 05:11:19 pm »

boolprop snapobjectstogrid false. To turn it off type 'true' at the end and the objects will snap back to the grids... obviously xD

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:36:15 pm »

If you're trying to put stuff in the slots, try pressing the m key.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:56:55 pm »

Make sure you are typing it EXACTLY like this, with the capital letters:

boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false

boolprop snapObjectsToGrid true

If these:

moveobjects on

moveobjects off

aren't working, try these:

moveObjects on

moveObjects off

There are also some custom objects out there which don't sit  on any surfaces (or if they are moved to a surface, are not usable), but are made to be placed only on floors or terrain, no matter what.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:56:42 pm »

Just a note:  Capital letters aren't necessary... it's just a means of making it easier to check if the code you're typing in is inserted correctly.  It's helpful to do that nonetheless.  :angel:

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:02:01 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1361774
Just a note:  Capital letters aren't necessary... it's just a means of making it easier to check if the code you're typing in is inserted correctly.  It's helpful to do that nonetheless.  :angel:

Beg to differ, as I always - always - get an error flag in the cheat box, and the particluar cheat is not active,  if the proper caps aren't used.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:42 pm »

Ah... okay.  :angel:  Now that I think about it, it does probably have something to do with the userstartup.cheat file.  But then again, even before I had mine, it didn't matter if I added caps or not... still worked without them.  :lol: Overall:  Different machines give different results, so hopefully what you suggested will help yvette.  Wink

Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 07:24:14 pm »

Hey^^

When using the one more slot package you use move_objects on to get the package onto the magisplay tray or whatever it's called first, then put it on top of the one more slot surface. If you have snapobjectstogrid false active you will find it hard/impossible to get the objects onto the tray or one more slot surface.

Once the object(s) are on the tray + one more slot surface you can put the snapobjectstogrid false cheat on and move the whole group together, then when it's in the right place choose the recolour that is invisible using the design tool.

To get several items on one desk you may need to use several trays+one more slot surfaces if you're having problems - so do the same, then just position them next to each other.

Also I thought the cheat was 'move_objects on' ? o_O
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 07:33:16 pm »

Quote from: Trepie22;1361824
Hey^^

When using the one more slot package you use move_objects on to get the package onto the magisplay tray or whatever it's called first, then put it on top of the one more slot surface. If you have snapobjectstogrid false active you will find it hard/impossible to get the objects onto the tray or one more slot surface.

Once the object(s) are on the tray + one more slot surface you can put the snapobjectstogrid false cheat on and move the whole group together, then when it's in the right place choose the recolour that is invisible using the design tool.

To get several items on one desk you may need to use several trays+one more slot surfaces if you're having problems - so do the same, then just position them next to each other.

Also I thought the cheat was 'move_objects on' ? o_O

Type:

help -all

into the cheat box to get a list of the majority of the cheats as offered/punctuated per EA/Maxis.

Beieve they actually may list the snapObjectsToGrid cheat as boolProp rather than boolprop, but outside of the userstartup.cheat (that is, in-game) using boolprop instead doesn't seem to make any difference.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 07:35:45 pm »

Eh? Why are you quoting me? ^^; Sorry if that's a stupid question
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 08:00:01 pm »

There's a great debate over caps or no caps. I find I don't need them and, as Tenshii said, are there more to help you proofread. Most of the time it's easier to recognize if the caps are there than not. In my game it makes no difference if I type "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid" or "boolprop snapobjectstogrid", so long as I spell it right. It's harder to check for a typo with no caps.

And the cheat you're thinking of Trepie is moveobjects on. There's no underscore in it. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 08:04:25 pm »

Quote from: Trepie22;1361840
Eh? Why are you quoting me? ^^; Sorry if that's a stupid question

Mostly because of your asking about the underscore in moveobjects cheat.
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 01:44:36 am »

Wow thank you for answering me everyone. Ill have a go at this one now
What i was doing was buying the slots, putting stuff on them, then trying the code & then trying to put a table over them or putting them under a table etc but it just kept saying cannot be used with objects, something like that anyway lol
Ill try this now and see what happens Smiley
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 02:23:21 am »

Quote from: rwills;1361680
Make sure you are typing it EXACTLY like this, with the capital letters:

boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false

boolprop snapObjectsToGrid true

If these:

moveobjects on

moveobjects off

aren't working, try these:

moveObjects on

moveObjects off

There are also some custom objects out there which don't sit  on any surfaces (or if they are moved to a surface, are not usable), but are made to be placed only on floors or terrain, no matter what.

Woot thank you so much it worked, ive put stuff on a sideboard that you couldnt normally put stuff on but now ive run into another problem lol. I tried using the invisible slots after so you cant see them & it didnt work lol
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 02:25:17 am »

Someone over at TSR created invisible shelves that are fantastic. I use them all the time.

If you want, I'll hunt down the link for you.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: