Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 12:26:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheat Help Please  (Read 4842 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yvette368

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:08 am »

I figured it out lol i didnt know where the design tool was
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 05:17:27 am »

That's really strange! 'move_objects on' is what I always use, weird that there are so many combos that work.
Sorry rwills - was confused because I didn't know why you were talking about snapobjects etc, was almost 2am so I was easily confused - but after a reread now I see the punctuation thing and it makes loads more sense ^^;
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:24:34 am by Trepie22 » Logged
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 05:26:43 am »

LOL. I think that's what contributes to the overall confusion. Things work differently from computer to computer and from system to system. I suppose the bottom line is if it doesn't work one way, try the other. Boolprop can be a bit frustrating, but remember it was designed for the MAXIS developers to try things to see if their code works, not necessarily as a tool for the players to use. That it is available is nice.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 05:30:53 am »

Yea, boolprop snapobjects etc works for me with caps or without, and I don't know if moveobjects works for me as moveobjects - I'll have to check that out, I always accidentally type + instead of underscore anyway Tongue
Anywho..
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 03:59:47 pm »

Quote from: yvette368;1362304
Woot thank you so much it worked, ive put stuff on a sideboard that you couldnt normally put stuff on but now ive run into another problem lol. I tried using the invisible slots after so you cant see them & it didnt work lol

Glad to hear it worked out for you.

There are some OMSPs (slots) which, for whatever reason, either don't turn invisible in the recolor option or else revert back to non-invisible when the lot is revisited.

Don't offhand recall which OMSP designer is which, but have generally found that if the slots are green, they 'hold' the invisibility better than do the brown ones.

In some cases, I think, the problem lies with the slot itself. In other cases, it may be a small conflict with some other item affecting surfaces, such as a (pure guesswork here) 'make non-deco items into deco items' hack or perhaps with a 'make any surface a buffet' slot.Noticed that in my game, the in visibility got glitchy after using a 'make corner countertop into usable space' slot hack.

Personally, I use both types of OMSPs and the tiny visible footprint of the non-invisible ones doesn't particularly bother me, but of course your mileage may vary.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: