Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 02:45:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My game goes into cycle- blue screen and egg timer waiting  (Read 2641 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
film1962

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 10:35:17 pm »

Hey there, my game AL seems to work fine sometimes, but other times it clicks overto a blue screen and you get the egg timer waiting symbol- this can happen when I am in a lot or when I am just in the neighbourhood.  Sometimes the game screen then goes bright blue and I cannot playy game.

Any ideas???:smt120
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:46:46 pm »

System Specs please? It could be a RAM or graphics issues. Even if you exceed the requiremwnts, some graphics cards have problems and may need thier drivers updated and/or setings adjusted.
film1962

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »

2GB Ram graphics card is Nvidia GeForce FX5500, I did update the drivers just before I installed the game.
Windows XP  Intel Pentuim 4 CPU 2.66 Ghz

I think that is what you need.  Thanks for your help
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:51:41 pm »

How much video memory do you have?

And, is your video card integrated into your motherboard or a stand alone card?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:48:02 pm »

Very similar to my system: 2 gig RAM, GeFoce 5500, 3.0 ghz processor under XP home.

First make sure your screen save is set to wait 60 mins or longer, next make sure you are in always on power mode (both from control panel > display).
Finally make sure some other task, program or process is not causing those pop up baloons  and that your virtual memory is set high enough  so you don't get the increasing page file message.
loopsydoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 07:32:01 am »

Hello

I used to get the blue screen all the time, drove me nuts until some kind person on here suggested this.

When you want to save and quit the game, never save and quit directly from within a lot, IE a house or an owned com lot.  Always save to neighbourhood screen and quit from there.

I have never had the blue screen since I started to do this.

Hope this helps.

kind regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: