Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 10:01:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes - CHAPTER 6 - Tears And Confessions - Part 2  (Read 12205 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Starwish001

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2008, 06:21:51 pm »

Hello everybody! This is my first sims story and it's about almost everything important in life with unexpected reversal; feel free to critisize, different opinions are always welcome! -

PLEASE COMMENT
- I  want to know your opinion!

PROLOGUE
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

When she found Matt Simons, Rain Zane was sure that she found everything she ever wanted. She was freshman on Faculty of Law and he was youg enthusiast in software researching company. It was love at first sight. Rain wasn't really interested in law, that was her father's wish. After her father passed away, Rain went to Faculty of Law just to fulfill his desire. But when she met Matt, aspiration to accomplish that desire was decreasing, while there was a new one-to spend rest of her life with her new love. Rain felt like she found some kind of replacement for her beloved father. When she's got pregnant, they decided to marry. Her mother wasn't really into that but Rain never was concerned with her mother's opinion.  Even her best girlfriend Tonia wasn't content but, since Rain decided, she had to respect her choice.  Wedding was beautiful. Young couple went to live in house that Rain's father bought for his daughter few years ago. Several months later, their daughter Alice was born. Everything was just perfect.

CHAPTER 1 - Two Fake People

At the beginning Matt was always doing some cute things for her; wake her up in the middle of the night just to tell her that he love her, book the surprise vacation on beautiful island and dance with her beyond the starry sky. But, along with winter, the cold arrived in their perfect home. He was always occupied with his work, working late in his work-room, in front of the computer, and whatever Rain tried to do to recieve a little bit of his attention was not enough. She started to paint; that was her dream before she went to Faculty of Law-to became an artist. But then there always was her parents tellin' her that from art there is no bread so she abandon that desire for a while. Now she was free to do whatever she want.
      There was many nights where Rain was in bed alone, and Matt was working so Rain started to ask herself did she made a mistake and commit herself to soon? Maybe she had to work on her own career?
"Sweetie, our child and this house is your career. You know there is a lot of work that need's to be done. Let me to earn the money." used to say Matt.
"But you're always working Matt, I want to spend more time with you. Why are you trying so hard? We have enough money..."
"That's your father's money!" he raised the voice. "Sorry sweetie, soon I will be general executor of the company and we will spend more time together, I promise."  That was enough to satisfy her for a moment.

That day Matt was on the business trip and Alice was watched by nanny, so Rain decided to took a little time for herself and do some shopping and coffe with her BF.  She bought a present for Matt-provocatively and gorgeous underwear that-she hopes-will live him without a choice and raise the fire in their love life when he comes back home.
"Hy, darling!" said Rain while sitting opposite to Tonia. She noticed that Tonia is uncommonly silent and like something is on her mind that bothers her. Tonia was Rain's best friend since they were in highschool. They shared everything; tears, laugh and first love experiences, from hapiness to sadness, from bether to worse. She was her shoulder to cry on, her support in every decision she made. She was like a sister to her.
"Hey, what's up?" Said Tonia trying to sound happy.
"I bought stunning underwear for Matt; do you want to see it?"
"Actually..."
"Oh, what would I order? Tea maybe? Or coffe...?
"Rain, I have to tell you something."
"Ok, don't you wanna see my underwear first? I know..."
"Rain, I have an affair..."
"What? And you are hiding it from me, who is he, what..."
"With Matt."
"His name is Matt?"
"He is Matt. Your husband."

While she's was walking home minutes seems to be like hours; Rain was still in
discredit; Tonia was her's best friend, why she would do that? At first Rain doesn't wanted to believe what Tonia is saying, but then Tonia put on the table an envelope that seemed to be holding pictures with Matt and her inside and that was it. She told her that she and Matt have an affair for a few months-and that really fits in with all Matt's working hours and all the time that he haven't got for her. That time was dedicated to her best friend! Rain was so upset that she left her new bought underwear in coffe shop-well, she tought, now Tonia can wear it for her husband! She doesn't want to watch pictures of her husband with another woman, that was actually her best friend! That was so ugly, inappropriate and  unnecessary from somebody who supposed to be her friend. Thousand of questions was in her head, thousand confused thoughts; should she wait for Matt to explain her everything? But she don't have enought strenght to face him right now. She don't have time to wait for him to; she will go nutz!

So she packed up few necessary things, took Alice and call the cab leaving to Matt single note "I know for your affair. I will be at my mother, don't call me."
"Mommy, where are we goin'?" asked Alice.
"We are going to visit grandma."
"Daddy isn't coming with us?"
"No...daddy has to work."
"I don't wanna go to grandma...she is driving me crazy, I had to brush my teeth three times a day. And I'm not aloud to watch the television."
"We'll manage that. But you have a bunch of animals you could play with!"
"Yeah! But when will daddy come?"
"I don't know dear. He has to work a lot."
Entering the cab Rain felt like her's heart is tearing to pieces. There was whole one life she's living behind. Another change was approaching and she didn't know if this road would be finally right for her.

"Hy mom!" said Rain approaching her mother's house. Her mother, mrs. Danielle was rigorous, heavy and starchy old woman unlike her dad.
D: "Hello dear" replied she with mounted smile. "The butler will took your luggage." The butler Jon was in their family since Rain was born, and she still called him "a butler".
D: "So, how long will you stay here? I have so much job in greenhouse this year. And cats are so demanding, uh. Please, follow me into bedroom."
Bedroom was exactly like Rain remembered it was.
D: "I was hoping you will visit me with Matt more oftenly so I put the crib in for Alice. Child must sleep wih her parents. But, since you were very busy..."
R: "Matt was busy..."
D: "Sure he was."
Rain was not in the mood to talk with her mother about her ruined marriage but mother was pressing. Sitting in a livingroom, she opens a whole monologue about Rain's life mistakes.
D: "You never should marry that guy. I told you so. You left your career and now what? You're single woman with child and without career. And that friend of yours, Tonia, I never liked her. You should be more like me; you're like your father, so stubborn and unthinking. That's why he passed away so soon and live me with this house and thousand of things i should care about, like his stupid dog..."
R: " He died because of cancer, how can you speak in that way?"
D: " You see? He was unthinking, that's what I say! He never cared about his health and his wife!"
That was so selfish and untrue but Rain hasn't got strenght to argue with her mother right now.

There were two things her mother care about; her cats, her greenhouse...and again her cats. Rain tried not to encounter with her mother too much, and dedicate herself to Alice and painting. Alice often asked where is daddy, but Rain answers he has to work feeling terrible because of lying to her daughter. Matt called few times, but Rain hasn't got strenght to talk to him yet.

She often took Alice to the playground trying to occupy her minds that she don't ask for her father. Like every other day, she sits and start to read newspapers when she saw Alice with some guy who is holding her hand.
R: "Excuse me, what are you doing with my child?"
A: "Look mommy, this is my new friend! His name is Nikki and..."
N: "Excuse me Mam, I should introduce myself first; I'm Nikki, and you have wonderful daughter..."
R: "Yes, I know, thank you. We should go home..."
A: "No, mommy..."
N: "Look, I'm not some kind of psycho who will took your daughter or something, we were just playing..."
He was cute though, catch Rain herself in a thought but shakes her head wanting to whip off that thought away.
R: "We should go home. Nice to meet you, Nick."
N: "It's Nikki. Hoping to see you again."

However, Nikki made some kind of change in Rain; every time she was in park with Alice, he was there. They start to hang out playing together with Alice, go in long walks with Rain's dog Maya and talking almoust about everything. When Nikki ask her to dinner together, she accept.

D: "I don't agree with your behavior." said Rain's mom during Rain was preparing for a dinner with Nikki. "You are married woman."
R: "Sure, but we both know in what condition is my marriage now, right?"
D: "You have a child too."
R: "Yes mom, I'm aware of it. Nikki and I are just friends. Can I have friends here?"
D: "Do what you want. But I'm against it."
However, that was not nothing new.
    Nikki took her to the dinner in a beautiful restaurant and Rain didn't slipt away a little romantic note of it all. They talk about each other; he was a musician and moved in town few days before Rain did. She told him about her marriage and Matt's affair. But she wasn't ready for any kind of intimacy right now. Nikki was aware of that; he drived her home and kissed in a cheek.
N: "I had a wonderful time. Hope we will repeat that. Good night Rain."
R: "Good night Nikki."

Rain entered in a house without a clue of what she would find inside; in a livingroom was Matt, together with her mother.
R: "Mother what is this?"
M: "Rain, whe should talk."
R: "Mother? Why did you let him inside?"
D: "Because I think that you two had few things to discuss about. Not that I'm supporting this marriage, but the child needs a father."
Danielle lives the room and Matt took Rain's hands.
"Sweetie, I think we had a great misunderstanding. I tried to call you for so many times but no one was answering. Today your mother told me to come here, so that's why I'm here. I want to tell you something; I don't have an affair; why did you thought that? Is it because the work? Cause if it is, I will try to spend more time with you..."
R: "It's because Tonia told me."
M: "What did she told you?"
R: "That you're two in affair."
M: "What? Tonia and me? You know I even don't like her..."
R: "But why would she told me something like that if it wasn't true? She also had some pictures of you two..."
M: "Pictures? Have you seen them?"
R: "Well, I wasn't..."
M: "Because if you not, there is no evidence right? Sweetie, there is no pictures cause we never had been together without you; there is no affair cause I even don't like her and I love you so much! We have a child, damn it. Please, pick up your things and come back home with me. I miss you, I miss Alice."
R: "I don't know...I had to think. I have to talk to Tonia. Cause if you're talking the truth, I don't have any idea why would she lied about it. Please, give me few more days, I had to think."
M: "If that's your wish..."
R: "Yes, it is."
M: "Can I see Alice?"
R: "She is sleeping Matt. Please, go home now."

After Matt has left, Rain took the phone and called Tonia but no one was answering. Then she called her mother.
"Hello mrs. Durry, is Tonia at your place? I tried to reach her but...what do you mean, she's disappeared? You are searching for her for a week? Have you inform the police? Uh...just calm down mrs. Durry, I'm sure she will be back soon. Please, keep me informed about the investigation."
Rain hangs up the phone with big questionnaire above her head.
"What d'....where is she? What is happening?":rabbit:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 04:14:47 pm by Starwish001 » Logged

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:55:06 pm »

You are making a few grammar mistakes that make it harder to read.

One thing: you keep switching between past and present tense. Keep to one or the other.
Another thing, the phonecall for example.
"How do you mean, she disappears?"
This does not make sense.
"What do you mean, she's disappeared?" would be better.

Put your chapters together on the same topic, it saves space.

Anyway, to counteract my long ramblings I would like to say this is really interesting and realistic. The plot is really interesting, especially the Tonia disappearing twist.
And your sims are gorgeous!! Where did you get her hair?

Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:27:04 pm »

I know, I trying not too make mistakes but I had studied english just for two years and majority of mine english knowledge is from movies and songs:)...how do you mean to put chapters together on the same topic? I tought I done that:) I'm new here so I'm little bit "unskilled" but I hope I will learn:)

Thank you for comment; and the hair is most from peggysims:)

LadyAzmodan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:34:57 am »

besides what Zorom said about past and present, then i have to say, i wish i had the time and energy to pimp my images like that, you obviously took your time, editing the images. Smiley and they look GREAT!!

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:22:53 am »

Yes. The images are brilliant!

Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:30 pm »

Thnx Zorom and LadyAzmodan; actually It doesn't take much time for editing images; I'm computer freak, I learned editing from few tutorials and after few times of practicing, with photoshop and gimp it's very easy! That is my new hobby since I don't have a job so I have plenty of time for that:) I can post few easy tricks for effects and other things that I do on the images if You want...Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:58:38 pm by Starwish001 » Logged

Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 04:07:20 am »

CHAPTER 2 - Questions without answers

After strange conversation with Tonia's mother, Rain called Nikki. She really needed someone to talk to, and at the moment he was closest to her.
They decided to meet in a park so Rain could took Maya-her father's dog-to avoid tons of her mother's questions.
N: "Hey, what's up?" Nikki was already there.
R: "I'm so sorry for bothering you, I guess you went already to sleep...I really need to talk to somebody..."
N: "Actually I was playing guitar, so...nevermind, what happened?"
R: "Matt camed...my mother let him in a house cause she want us to reconcile
because Alice...he said that he doesn't have an affair with Tonia, and that everything is some kind of misunderstanding."

R: "When I called Tonia, her mother told me she's disappeared. Now I don't have reasons to believe him, or to not too. And I don't have a clue of what is happening! And if I was smarter, I would give a look to that pictures what Tonia was brought to me that day. But I was to upset!"
N: "Calm down. It's not your fault. Sure you were upset, not everyday you find out that your best friend has an affair with your husband..."
R: "But maybe it isn't true, don't you see? But why would she lie? And what about Matt? Should I forgive him? Maybe I should, just for Alice's sake. What if he's not guilty at all? How can I return to the normal marital life? What should I do?"
N: "Maybe you should wait. Time will answer your questions, you will see."  
R: "I hope so. But I don't know if I will make it through this."

Next morning

D: "A letter came for you this morning." said her mother curiously staring at her, waiting for her reaction.
R: "Really? Thanx."
D: "Will you open it? Is it from Matt?"
R: "I don't know."
She went to her room wanting to read that letter in peace.
It was shocking.

Huh?

"What is this? Who is doing that to me?" asked Rain herself in discredit.
Phone rings and she immediately answered. It was Nikki asking her how is she.
R: "I'm not ok. I recieved some strange letter...uh, I don't want to talk about it in here, I guess mother is listening...when can we meet?"

Nikki told her to come to his place while he has some things to do at home. He gave her his address and half hour later she was standing in front of his apartment. The neighborhood was depressive just like her in that moment.
Nikki opened the door.

N: "Hey, are you ok?" asked he immediately.
R: "No, I'm not! Everything is messed up! Today I got that nasty letter from someone who's obviously Matt's mistress, or is just trying to drive me crazy!"
She showed him a letter and start to cry.
N: "Hey, maybe it's just tasteless joke. Do you have an idea who may sent it?"
R: "No...well, Tonia maybe...I don't know. I don't know nothing at all..."
Nikki hugged her letting her tears to wet his chest.

And then kissed her. She kissed him back.

Few moments later Rain found herself on the couch without her blouse, kissing Nikki so passionate, like no one in her life before, including Matt. Ever.
But after few minutes, she realised what she's doing. She realised that's not right.
N: "Hey, what's wrong?" asked he and smiled to her.
R: "This is wrong. I have to go."
She run out of his apartment to the street,  panically calling the taxi and waving at him like a crazy person. When she finally found one, she felt relief.
R: "Twenty Sim Lane, please."

She slapped the door of the house and find herself in front of Alice.
A: "Mommy, mommy! Daddy called, he told me that we were going home tommorow! He's done with work and now we can spend more time together! He booked a vacation on Twikki Island, and he sent me that rocking pony I wanted! And beautiful flowers for you! Mommy, mommy, can we go home now?"
R: "Uh...honey, we will see..."
A: "C'mon mommy, luch is served."
R: "Ah...ok."

Oh God, what have I done?

Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 08:52:11 pm »

CHAPTER 3 - An Unexpected Visitor

The lunch was the time when Rain's mother regularly bothered her about her life, goals, work and in this case, marriage. Since she couldn't avoid it because that would be "expression of disrespect"-(her mother's words)-she was forced to eat-and talk- with Danielle- but she had no will for none of that.
D: "So..." started her mother with tyranny:  "Have you considered about going home?"
A: "Yes mommy, let's go home!" exclaimed Alice between two bites.
D: "Alice, dear, adults are speaking now. It isn't properly to interrupt."
R: "Mother, can we not now?"
D: "Why? Don't you think you had to decide what is best for your family?"
R: "Why are you urging me? Are we incommodate you?"
D: "That's not what I was trying to say and you know that. You cannot live here since you have home, husband and child. It's not..."
R: "Appropriate , I guess? Oh mother, you will never change! Why do you have to be so narrow minded and so damn cold? Father would understand me and support me in situation like this!"
D: "Don't you dare to mention your father now! If you had respected his last wish you would be lawyer now, and none of this marriage-charade would happened!"
R: "So, you call my marriage a charade?"
A: "What is charade, mommy?"
R: "Alice, please go in your room. Mommy will come soon after you."
A: "Can I play with pony?"
R: "Wait for mommy so we can play together."

Alice went to bedroom and Rain stand up to remove unfinished lunch from table. Her mother followed her in kitchen.
D: "I'm just saying that you are old enough to deal with your mistakes and accept consequences."
R: "Listen mother, Alice is not a mistake. Maybe my marriage is charade, but my child is most valuable thing I would ever have. Sure, you can't understand this, cause the only thing that matters to you is your cats! I can believe you cannot support me just this once; can't you see I'm confused and that I need you? I need my mother now, mother!"
Rain slapped the door living her mother speechless. (At last).

Rest of the day she spent playing with Alice and her's new toy which Matt has bought her.
R: "Honey, are you happy here?"
A: "Yep."
R: "I'm glad."
A: "Why are you arguing with grandma? Why is she so grouchy?"
R: "Grandma and I have some things to...talk about. But that's not your concern, dear. Do you like the pony?"
A: "I love it! Look, Maya loves it too!"

A: "Mommy?" asked Alice while Rain was putting her in a crib. "Are we going home tommorow?"
R: "Haven't you said you love being here?"
A: "Yes...but I wanna be with daddy. Can he come here too?"
R: "Oh, honey, daddy is...very busy. Go to sleep now. I love you.
A: "I love you too mommy."
Looking at her child so blissful and so unfamiliar with changes that occurred her innocent little life she felt deeply unfortunate.

Not just unfortunate, she hated everyone who is guilty for things that are happening to her and Alice. And her marriage. Was it Tonia? Was Matt faithful to her? Now she was not faithful to him-in moment of weakness she betrayed her marriage; what if Matt finds out? She could lose Alice! But, what is with that letter then? Matt called her today several times, but she was not in the mood to talk with him. She even decided not to go in the park cause she was affraid she could meet Nikki there, and she was not in the mood for him either. She couldn't sleep, she was thinking about Matt, about Nikki, about the strange letter and she found no answers. But sometimes, answers are there where we aren't expecting them.
She heard silent knock on the door and, asking herself who can it be that late, she went to open them.

R: "Tonia? Is that you?" asked she in discredit. The person if front of her replied with strange voice: "Tonia is dead."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:17:39 am by Starwish001 » Logged

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »

Oh my god.

Never mind about grammar, just update! This story is so good!!

Smiley

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 07:38:06 am »

This is interesting.  Hmm...maybe her husband murdered his mistress?

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 11:27:34 am »

Nice try but...no:)

Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 06:56:15 pm »

CHAPTER 4 - Answers Approaching

R: "What are you talking about? You had just painted your hair and I must say that blonde is not your style." said Rain closing the door and stepping outside on cold air.
"Look, my name is Nancy now. I changed it cause I had to, I was forced to hide until my plan was complete. And bether prepare yourself, cause the things what I would tell you won't be easy to hear."
R: "You're confusing me. You told me that you're in affair with Matt, what I guess isn't true cause we talk about it and he asked me..."
T: "Yes, It's not true."
R: "Then why did you told me that? Are you some kind of sadistic self-satisfied lunatic who enjoys torturing people who are supposed to be your friends?  Were you happy to ruin my marriage and live my child without a father?"
T: "Maybe my procedures wasn't the smartest I could make, but I'm sure I saved your life if nothing else, so stop judging me and listen at once! Nothing is black and white; there are many deviations you were not able to see! And I wasn't  disappeared, I was just hiding from your husband cause you're not aware of what he's capable to do!"
While Tonia raised the voice, Rain heard a noise arriving from the house what could mean that her mother is awaken.
R: "Mother is awake, we should go somewhere..."
T: "Look, I arrived here so late since I called you few times before but your mother told me you're not here..."
R: "What?"
T: "Yes, I guess she has no good opinion about me right now, and I don't blame her at all. But right now I just wanted to see you and told you that I wasn't the evil one, the person who destroyed your marriage. That would be your husband. But I must go now and we should meet tommorow to talk about it."
R: "But I wanna talk about it right now!"
T: "It's not safe, Rain, believe me."
R: "I don't understand..."
T: "Just trust me. I know it's hard but...please. We can meet early morning, about seven o' clock. In a park where we used to go before..."
R: "But..."
T: "Please. I love you. I will go now..."

Living her speachless, Tonia walked away as quiet as she camed.
Rain entered the house grateful that the noise was just one of her mother's cats, but with great aspiration to wake up her mother and ask her why she didn't told her that Tonia was looking for her. Otherwise, things that Tonia told her were so upsetting and Rain was aware that there is another long, sleepless night in front of her. Again. But, finally, tommorow she will found out everything; she asked herself why Tonia were so dramatic and frightened? Does she had to be frightened as well? She felt indescribable need to call Nikki and talk to him about what happened that evening but that would be wrong as she didn't answered to his calls since the day they kissed.
That was also one story for which she wasn't sure she want's to end. But now was not the time to think about Nikki. She went to bed.

Rain was awake since five o' clock, or maybe she haven't slept at all. She decided not to tell her mother anything yet, and tooked Maya with her for a paravane for her mother if was necessary. And it was necessary; like she had some magic powers to be always in a right place when Rain trys to avoid her, her mother was standing in a livingroom in her robe with messy hair that indicates she is awake for a few moments, but awake enought to stare at her with that "Where are you going now" look.
" I couldn't sleep. I will take Maya out, I need some fresh air." said she a bit annoyed.
" I remeber you used to sneak out before, while father and I were sleeping, to meet up with some boy."
" Right, mother. I will be back soon."
" So, are you meeting with someone?"
Refusing to answer, she walked out of the house.

When Rain camed into the park, Tonia was already there. Autumn is approaching; the first cold rain started to fall slowly to the green grass already dripping wet from morning dew.
R: "So...tell me everything."
T: "Ok...this would be painful...how should I start..."
R: "You're scaring me..."

Tonia took deep breath and start talking: "Do you remember that night when we were in a club, and I was so drunk that I wasn't able to drive, or to walk so I went to sleep to your house, in the guestroom? You didn't told Matt that cause you knew he would be pissed cause he tought I'm a bad influence...well...the other day while you were taking Alice to the doctor- remember, she had a big temperature that morning and doc was told you she maybe has eaten something that caused that - I was preparing to leave when I heard Matt in his working room. You told me he is at work but, obviously, he had returned for something..."
R: "Yeah, he told me he forgot his cell..."
T: "Sure. But I've been heard his conversation with someone. And I was shocked...but one more question for you...how long did you felt dizziness and sickness in that particular time?"
R: "Well...it was few times...remember that I went to doc considering I'm pregnant again but I wasn't...wait, what are you trying to tell me?"
T: "Rain, what I heard that morning was awful...Matt talked with somebody about how he -couldn't do that faster because it would be suspicious; and If you feel sick for a while it would be more convincing."
R: "Ww...what are you saying?"
T: "Rain...I don't know what he's giving to you but obviously he wanted to poison you..."
R: "What? I don't believe in that...Matt loves me and..."
T: "I told you what I heard! Please Rain, believe me..."
R: "No, I can believe in that...just can..." she start crying. "So he was poisoning Alice too?"
T: "I guess it was accidentally. Can you remeber what you had eaten or drink that day?"
Rain freezed.
R: "Yes..." answered she quietly. "Matt made me a coffe...and Alice tooked a little before I saw it and took it from her...she always wanted to drink my coffe with milk..."
T: "Do you see now? That's the reason I told you I'm in affair with Matt...I wanted to keep you away from him cause I was scared he could hurt you...or worse..."
R: "But why would he do that?"
T: "I hired private investigater, well, he is young and this is his first job but I know him very well and I trust him...and we discover few interesting facts about Matt. Did you know, he was fired right before you two married? Yes, he works now like an waiter and...few ilegal jobs on the prostitution market. I won't go further in that but, I think that person with who he's been talking to when I heard him could be his mistress. And what I was always thinking, he wants your money. Not to mention that his mistress has fingers in that too."
Rain now remembered the strange letter she recieved from somebody who might be Matt's mistress that day. She told Tonia about that.
R: "I actually thought it was you..."
T: "No, it wasn't me, but that is great news, you should bring that letter up with you next time."
R: "But how he managed to ensure me he's going to work every day and he even was bringing his salary properly every month, and he was always busy.."
T: "Nice paravan, don't you think? For spending time with his mistress."
R: "I can believe it...this is too much for me...I'm in danger now, and Alice too...if he just put a hand on Alice again...I will go to the police right now!"
T: "Look, what I said to you are just facts but with no cover. We must react smart now and figure out what he's up to. I believe he has strong backup, and we can't afford to let him know that we are introduced to his little game. I recommend you to pack up your things and come to my place. There you can be safe until we found out what would be our next step."
R: "That's too much for me...I don't know what to say...all that was charade...like my mother said; my marriage was a charade."
T: "Regarding to your mother...it's bether not to tell her much."
R: "I know. And you wanted to tell me that all this time? You did all that for me, although Matt could dicsover what are you doing and do something terrible too you...uh, well, I told him that I found out about you two, and he was very surprised...oh, I'm so sorry now, now he is introduced that something's wrong...and I called you cause I remembered that you had some pictures of you two..."
T: "I haven't. That were just few papers in envelope. I was horrified you will actually open it..."
R: "What if I was?"
T: "That was the risk I was willing to take. And it turned out right."
R: "But what about your mother? She was so terrified when I called her, she even notified police..."
T: "I told her everything. Don't worry, she knows to keep a secret. She helped me to arrange my disappearance and find me a new apartment. That's why i told you that Tonia is dead. I had to change my whole life in a fear that Matt would find out what have I done. I messed up his plans and I guess he is not satisfied at all. And my mother didn't notified police; that was paravan for Matt."
R: "The whole time i was certain that you had ruined my marriage. But I wasn't prepared for this...you saved my life."
Tonia hugged her.
T: "I love you and you're my best friend. But this was the only way I conceived to rescue you from Matt. Now I advise you to go home, pack up your things and call me when you're ready. And talk with your mother but do it in gloves. I know she is panic moger and she could ruin everything."
R: "Ok, I will go immediately."
T: "Be careful!"

The weather was like a reflection of what she felt inside; sad and blue. Rain was wetting her cheeks together with salt tears that are uncontrolledly falling. Was that sorrow, rage or just big disappointment with someone for who she was ready to give her life for? What irony, she almost give it. Without knowing that. She remembered that she felt very sick for few days and Matt was jumping around her bringing her soup and asking does she feel bether now-every five minutes! Bastard!

When she camed home, Rain noticed black car parked in front of her mother's house.
Mother was standing outside and Rain knewed something's wrong.
R: "What is happening mother?"

Man in black suit, with sunglasses although it was raining, went out of the car and approached her.
"Good day Madam. My name is Ryan Polldeck, and I'm your husband's attorney. Will you invite me to come in since it's raining..."
R: "What do you want?"
Ryan: "Actually, your husband wants a divorce. You should sign this papers and decide if you are willing to give your husband a custody..."
R: "Wait a moment mister, what are you talking about?"

"Excuse me sir..." started Rain's mother but Rain interrupted her.
R: "Mother, I will arrange that. You already have done enough."
Ryan: "Look Madam, your husband called me because he has irrefutable evidences that his wife has cheating on him during her so-called stay at her mother's house."
D: "I beg your pardon, that is outrageous!"
R: "Thanks mother, but I will talk now. Look mister Polldeck...I don't know what my husband told you, but he was first who committed an affair and betrayed our marriage. I don't know who got you that information about me betraying him, but I ensure you that's not true. And I ensure you he won't get custody under Alice. Please leave now mister, i don't have nothing else to say."
Ryan: "However, you must sign this."
R: "I will not sign anything without my attorney. And without talking to my husband first. You can go now and tell him that."

"None of this would happened if you had listen to me..." started her mother.
R: "Mother, shut up at once! Things are way complicated and I am now in big mess, I'm angry and I will not respond for my actions if you don't get out of my way. Why  you haven't told me that Tonia was searching for me? Your meddling in every segment of my life would cost me now! And one more thing; do not speak with Matt cause he is negative in this story. I must accomplish one more thing now and after that I would move out. Where, I would not tell you cause it's bether for you to don't know. Do you understand mother?"
With that words she finished her explanation and went to call a taxi-she must see Nikki immediately. How the hell Matt knows about her so-called-affair with Nikki?

Like an year has passed until she camed to the Nikki's apartment. She took a deep breathe and knocked on his door. Doors opened and she found herself in front of the beautiful woman who is wearing just sexy underwear and wide smile on her face.
"Oh, how stupid I am. I thought it was my husband." she said.
Rain felt her knees are shivering and blush was going in her face, like she was going to faint or something.
"So, how can I help you?"
"Excuse me...what was your husband's name again?"
"I didn't tell...but he's name is Nikki. May I forward him a message? Are you his friend? He's not at home at the moment but..."
"Nevermind. I was searching for someone else. Goodbye!"
If she could, she would gladly disappeared from the face of the earth right now. But there were few things she had to do before that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:38:23 pm by Starwish001 » Logged

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 11:56:13 am »

LOL!  Her Mom might be annoying but she knows her daughter pretty well!  LOL!  Very mysterious but hopefully we find out soon why Tonia lied.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 01:57:12 pm »

CHAPTER 5 - Seeking the truth

Part 1
[/I][/SIZE]

She came home very upset; why Nikki didn't told her he's married? And where was his wife for all the time? His apartment doesn't look like the woman's hand is present there...how could he hide her for all this time? And after all, was Nikki's wife the one who found out for their short-so-called-affair and told Matt?
"Rain, would you tell me where have you been?" mother again.
"No." answered she.

She went to the bedroom where Alice was playing and looking to her child she freezed at thought she could be under Matt's custody. For God's sake he almoust killed her!
"Mommy, mommy! Where have you been?" started Alice to shout when she saw her.
"Mommy was in a walk. Listen sweetie, do you remember aunt Tonia?"
"Sure!"
"Well...she bought a new house and...we're going to visit her for a few days."
"But I don't want to, I wanna go to daddy!"
"Sweetie, we cannot go to daddy right now..."
"I WANNA GO TO DADDY!" screamed she and Rain took deep breath.
"If you don't stop screaming you will never see daddy again!" said Rain nervously but immediately  regretted. Alice start crying and Rain felt so helpless and battered and she just put her in a crib and start packing things.

"Hello, Tonia? Yes, I'm ready. Can you come to pick me up? Ok. Thanks."

"Will you please tell me what is going on here?"
"Aaah, mother, you scared me! Why do you always had to sneak around like a ghost?"
"Because you don't tell me anything! I know you never was familiar with introducing me to your secrets and I was fine with that, well, I was trying to be, but now  I'm worried Rain, you're my daughter for God's sake! I see there's something going on, I heard Alice was crying few moments ago, and then that attorney who was here, why does he talk about divorce and taking custody? Those are not just some stupid little secrets you're hiding from me, those are serious things and I think you own me an explanation!"

That was the first time she saw her mother so worried and upset and she felt sorry for beeing so distant and not telling her anything. She hugged her for a first time after she camed here.
"Look mother...there were few misunderstandings, look, I found out Tonia has never had affair with Matt, that was all my...imagination. But also, I suspect he has affair with some other woman. I want to save my marriage if is possible, and I need you not to tell him anything, if he calls. Can you promise me that? It's very important mother."
"Well...your methods are very strange...and I'm not sure if I trust you but...if that's your wish?"
"I need you to stay away from it mother. Can you do that for me?"

For the first time her mother agreed and let her go without any further questions. Rain promised to call her for few times a day and her mother promised to avoid talking with Matt. Was it really an apocalypse needed to bring up this two womens together?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:28:16 am by Starwish001 » Logged

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 09:57:04 am »

Poor Alice.

This is a great story!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: