Insimenator.org
May 03, 2024, 03:31:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't turn lot into apartment lot - HELP!  (Read 2841 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
n8h@wk

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »

I'm trying to create my own apartment complex. It has two sections. One section is basically a full house (one whole unit) with a back yard. The other is an apartment complex with 6 units. When I try to turn it into an apartment complex I get the error that something is wrong. I know it's only with the main 1 unit section because if I take the apartment door off of it then it converts just fine. I have looked over it with a fine tooth comb and can't figure out what I did wrong. I flattened the lot before building. I made sure the back yard was totally enclosed with a fence, and there is only one way in to the unit. If I were to upload the lot file somewhere would someone be willing to look it over and tell me what I am doing wrong? This is really ticking me off that I can't figure it out. Thanks.
DarkAmaranth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:06:08 pm »

Is it on a foundation? If so that's the problem, you can't do yards and foundations both in one unit. Is there an elevator, stairs to the roof that do not go into a room, a missing piece of balcony fence, the bookcase door on an exterior wall, a closet on an exterior wall? Door facing the right way (mat outside)?

If it's on a foundation and you want to keep the yard; while it's residential use the cheat boolpropconstrainfloorelevation false and change the yard fence to a half wall. You nee the cheat so you can make the half wall connect to the foundation. Turn the cheat off (set to true) then rezone.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:09:05 pm »

If you built on a foundation and have a back door, even if it is to a fenced in yard, the apartment code is expecting the rental area to stop on the deck in the back.  If it's not a deck and just a stoop, expand it.  Use a step over fence/carpet separator to define the rental area.
n8h@wk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:24:28 am »

No, no foundation. And all doors are where they should be. I even checked my balcony fencing and it is fully connected. So, I am still stumped.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 05:28:46 am »

If you want to upload it on to my site, I could take a look at it.
n8h@wk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 03:16:06 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1402643
If you want to upload it on to my site, I could take a look at it.

Thanks. I sent you a PM about it. Appreciate the help.
n8h@wk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:58:44 pm »

Okay, before making the lot file I decided to just try something out of the blue. I had an elevator in the one unit-3 floor apartment. So I got rid of the elevator. The apartmentbase code then worked! I hadn't read anywhere that elevators couldn't be used inside of apartments... That really sucks as now I have to somewhat redesign the whole  one unit complex with just stairs in the design. Oh well, thanks to everyone who gave some help.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:28:54 pm »

Super!  I mean that sucks, but you got it working for you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: