Insimenator.org
May 13, 2024, 07:06:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: any one have a vid tut on creating a mesh etc  (Read 1155 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yurt101

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 02:16:41 am »

I'm new to all this and was wondering if anyone has any video tutorials on how to create mesh's animate and add audio to the meshs etc... because i'm more of a visual person and can't learn from just reading everything on those modthesims tutorials if you know what i mean... i gotta see it to understand it otherwise i don't get it lol eh anywho if you got a vid posted online plz send me a link or something... i don't understand that whole SimPE very well like i've edited a job with it as far as the pay and hours worked but thats all i know how to do any thanks for anyone willing to help..

Randumb
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:43:18 pm »

first of all: creating meshes - especially for sims2 - might not be as simple as it might seem to be. I'm currently learning to work with 3D at school, and there are so many things I had no idea I had to think about, that has to be there for a mesh to function the way you want it to work. I'm also trying to learn how to make stuff for sims, and I've almost given up on the tutorials myself (though, mostly because I can't figure out exactly how the navigation in milkshape works... I'm using a different, much more complex programme at school - and going back to something simpler just messes with my head...). Animation in general is a time consuming thing, and is very hard unless you've done it a lot. Mking animations for sims seems to be even harder, according to some creators...

when that's said: MTS2 and Insim has got a lot of tutorials (most of them in written form with pictures, though), and also if you search for 3d meshing tutorials at youtube you'll find a bunch of tutorials you can use. And I'll see if I can find a few more sites too. It also depends a little on which programme you want to use. Most of them have got mostly the same tools - but they don't always work the same (like Blender and milkshape - I don't understand a thing of where to find the tools in Blender, but since Milkshape is much like the prorgamme I use at school, I can at least find the tools there...)

you can also try to google for video tutorials when you've found the programme you want to use. There are plenty of them on different sites.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:53:04 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: