Insimenator.org
May 07, 2024, 06:48:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help downloading sims...  (Read 2132 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
boygenius_8

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:55:24 pm »

i posted a thread before about having problems with clean installer, and unfortunately i still can't download it... i really want to download this sim by ReginaS:

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=74009

so could someone please download it for me and sumhow send me a rar files of the content, i just cant download most sims2pack files... Sad

:-P thanks in advance!!!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 07:50:02 pm »

hmmmm... I can at least download it without problems, and it's running like a dream on my otherwise buggy and grumpy computer (except for being a bit slow to show up). So I can't really see what might be the problem. It might be some antivirus programme or something similar that is messing with the installing. They generally don't like any kind of installations (at least not on my computer...).
And did you try to follow Rwilli's advices? (try downloading the 1.5.1.4 version again, and see if it works - you might have managed to install one of the buggy versions first, so that this is messing with the newest one).

It's just that if you post requests of getting rar files of the S2pack files every time you want to download sims - there will be a lot of work both for you and for others. Better sort out the trouble sooner than later Smiley
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:04:40 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
boygenius_8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 07:55:38 pm »

this was my older post about my problem with S2CI...

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=96429

i know its unnecessary to ask for other people to do download sims for me everytime, so i only ask just this time... in the mean time im still trying to figure out why my computer can't install S2CI.. Sad

thanks though theraven!
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:50:49 am »

Have you tried flipping through the FAQ or forums on the Clean Installer website for some hints on why this might be happening? You may find that others have had the same problem.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 01:28:30 pm »

Have you tried running the installer/program as admin [depending on when you meet the problem on CleanInstaller]? Vista is strange sometimes, it likes you to be admin and no one else.
boygenius_8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:03 pm »

yes kinnika i looked at the S2CI website's FAQ and i couldnt find anything that helped my situation...

trepie22, i havent tried being the administrator yet.. il hav to try the windows defender again using the admin account.. ill let ya'll know what happens.. thanks tho guys for the suggestions!
boygenius_8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 05:25:30 pm »

ok so i finally installed the S2CI with the administrator user... thanks for all the help guys!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: