Insimenator.org
May 12, 2024, 12:32:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims wont use phone  (Read 5955 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Toeler

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:54:12 pm »

Alright, so I spent 3 hours building my house, moved the sims in. Started playing around with a few of the things in it, and accidentally started my own home business. So I went onto the phone and clicked shut down business. I went and did something else then went back to the sim and she was out at the driveway, still with the action of shutting down the business, so I cancelled it (as I've never shut down a home business before, I didn't know what was happening). Now whenever I tell a sim to use the phone they simply pick it up and place it back down, no matter what option I select. i went into a different house in the neightbourhood and they were able to use a phone fine. If there any way I can fix this? It's really annoying because I haven't called a nanny or maid yet Sad and I can't throw parties or anything at all. I have all EPs and SPs.
I've tried deleting all phones, exiting, deleting my cache and then going back and putting a phone in again however it still hasn't fixed it. I really don't want to have to go through and delete the house though, is there any way I can fix this?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:57:35 pm »

If you have any hacks inside of your Downloads folder, try moving those out for the time being and see what happens when you try using the phone again.  Chances are, you have a hack conflicting with an in-game function, possibly due to it being outdated.  :angel:

Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 11:09:31 pm »

But if I try to take things out of my downloads folder and go back into the house, then some of the custom stuff will not show up.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 11:48:10 pm »

You will have to try that if you want to fix your game Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:25:01 am »

Selling all of the phones in the house and going back to play mode, then buying phones again will reset the phone controller.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:48:21 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1419590
Selling all of the phones in the house and going back to play mode, then buying phones again will reset the phone controller.

As I said, I've already tried this, with no luck.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 01:28:42 am »

Did you download any custom phones or do any building around where the phone is?

I downloaded a custom phone once-a cell phone and my Sims did the exact same thing. Or, I build a wall/clear fencing around where my fridge sat, and my Sims couldn't use it to cook or anything. Once I bulldozed the fence and put a regular wall up, things were fine.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 01:30:24 am »

No, I haven't built anything around where the phone is. I haven't downloaded any custom phones however I do recall seeing a custom cellphone in there from a pack of objects I downloaded, however I have never used it on any of my lots nor this one.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 01:42:03 am »

Take the phone out of your downloads folder if it's still in there

The Sims 3.........NO!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 01:43:11 am »

Try geting the FFS Lot Debugger from MATY and force error on all in world and off world objects.
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 02:03:50 am »

Quote from: EKozski;1419636
Take the phone out of your downloads folder if it's still in there

Wouldn't have a clue which one it is. Too many downloads are just numbers and letters I can't distinguish them all.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 02:06:09 am »

Follow Acienthighway's suggestion then.

You could get the download organizer and let it scan your downloads folder. It'll give a description of what everything is.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Toeler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 02:29:01 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1419637
Try geting the FFS Lot Debugger from MATY and force error on all in world and off world objects.

I got the FFS Lot Debugger from MATY and force error on all world, but it still hasn't fix it. There wasn't anything else I need to do was there?

@Ekozski: Where can I get this download organizer? It would probably be really helpful
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 02:34:56 am »

Do it on all In world and all off world.  forcing error on all world doesn't do everything.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 02:52:34 am »

It's at MTS2.

I can't provide the link right now.

The site seems to be down.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: