Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 07:13:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: troubles with changelotzoning code  (Read 1971 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2008, 01:09:58 pm »

I tried the "changelotzoning residential" code for the first time today, but now the lot is messing up. (If I managed to write the code wrong here, it's just because I'm tired - I'm 99% sure I wrote it correctly in the cheat window, and as far as I know, my game don't need any typing in caps, since all the codes up until now worked without)

I tried to change a community lot to a residential lot - but it was only halfway successful.
I went into the community lot, did a couple of furniture changes, typed the code, and saved the game. Then I went to the neighborhood view again. I moved in the family who are supposed to live there - but when the lot finally finished loading, the family wasn't there, and the lot behaved like an empty (aka. no one living there) residential lot. I tried going back to the neighborhood view, and by the looks of it, the family lived on the lot - so I tried going into the lot again. But the same thing happened. The mailbox and the garbage can weren't there either - but the community phone booth still was there.

Anyone got a clue about what's going on? I'm almost sure I've forgotten something important -but like I said, it's the first time I've tried the code.

thanks for any help Smiley
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:12:38 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 01:21:11 pm »

When you changed the lot type did you put in a trashcan and mailbox, and delete the phonebooth? If I remember correctly you have to download buyable versions of the trashcan and mailbox - then you go into collections and buy them from there. Then you save and exit the lot, and when you re-enter it should be classed as a residential lot, and everything should work properly.

You download them here:
http://daydream.etowns.net/
[Sims 2 > Hacks > then scroll down a bit]
Make sure you get the right one for your EPs!

I think there are instructions there too. Smiley
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:28:35 pm »

oops Smiley

I'll try that. Though, it's weird that it won't fix itself when it's a maxis cheat code...
BTW, I guess I have to save when I've placed the mailbox/trashcan?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:35:10 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 06:18:19 pm »

I think so; when I used them I went into build mode, then collections and placed the objects on the lot, saved and exited the lot, then re-entered and everything was fine.

Here are the instructions from the website - just to be sure you get the ones that are right for you!:

* Unzip into \Collections folder *
Not \Downloads, like you normally do!

Base game and/or early expansions:
To use this in Pets or Seasons you must go into BUILD MODE first and THEN Collections.  NOT for use in Bon Voyage or FreeTime, see below.

Bon Voyage & FreeTime:
If you download a lot with no mailbox/trashcan when you try to move a sim to the lot, it will not go into live mode.  Just place the items and exit to neighborhood, re-enter and then proceed as normal.

Apartment Life
For Apartment Life Mailbox to work properly you must delete the following files if you have them:
In the COLLECTIONS folder 0x6e870b24.package
In the Downloads folder SEDD_BuyMailboxBV.package

Note that all building rules still apply for this buyable mailbox.  If you're not using the boolProp aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false cheat code you'll have to be in residential zoning placing the mailbox.  
If you're in apartmentbase zoning when you pick up the mailbox from buy mode it will already be the apartment style, but you'll still have to use the move_objects on cheat code to place it on the tree lawn.  There is no redux of the trashcan at this time as the BV one seems to be okay.  If you've removed all your CC except the trashcan and you experience a problem with it, let me know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: