Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 06:22:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ah! Invisible CAS sim!?  (Read 2500 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Misskitz

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2008, 01:34:27 pm »

Oh-no! I think I might have ruined my game..again. Okay, so last night everything was running perfectly, but today when I went to make another family in CAS, the sim was invisible! I tried everything from changing the skintones, to the outfits and even changing the ages..but it was still invisible. Ugh sometimes the Sims is so annoying. I have vista, almost every EP, and a ton of downloads but all are updated for AL, so I don't think that's the problem. Any help?

Sims is not a hobby, its a life style :tongue3:
Misskitz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:53:23 pm »

Ek, sorry for the double post but does anyone know at all? This is such an annoying problem. I would love to know what the problem could be before re-installing.
[/FONT]

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 07:13:04 pm »

Several very broad guesses:

Have you recently uninstalled any EPs?

Have you recently downloaded and installed any complete custom Sims? If so, they may have come with something which is in conflict with what you already had.

If you have any default replacement skintones in Downloads, try temporarily removing those and see if the problem clears up.

Ditto if you have a default replacement CAS file.

Run Clean Installer and check for duplicate files. Hint: clicking the MD5 tab in Clean Installer after it has scanned and loaded all your Downloads files will group duplicates together (they're highlighted in pink), so you can more easily run through the listing and remove all but one of them in each case.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:37:01 pm by rwills » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:15:52 pm »

It's most likely a download conflict or something got turned sideways while saving.  This means... Reinstall ain't gonna do jack.

To verify this: go to My Documents/EA Games, and rename your The Sims 2 folder to something else.  Run the game.  If it doesn't, yes, you need to reinstall, but I'll bet money the game worked just fine.  If it works, reinstalling will do exactly and precisely nothing, so try the next step.  

Next step: Open both My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 and whatever you named the old The Sims 2 folder. Folder by folder, delete each from the The Sims 2  folder just created by the game and drag in the corresponding file from the renamed folder.  You might want to use the right mouse button so you can Copy instead of Move.  Test between each folder copied, so you can verify where it went wrong.  It's probably in Downloads, SavedSims, or Neighborhoods, so do that last.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Misskitz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:31:22 pm »

Okay, well I just found a whole bunch of conflicted, and duplicate files from the Clean Installer (Can't believe I didn't think of that, duh!) so I'm going to try and go in-game and see if that clears up anything. Thanks guys!

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:52:51 pm »

Good luck!

Rose/Miros
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 08:18:42 pm »

Quote from: Misskitz;1438605
Okay, well I just found a whole bunch of conflicted, and duplicate files from the Clean Installer (Can't believe I didn't think of that, duh!) so I'm going to try and go in-game and see if that clears up anything. Thanks guys!

Clean Installer doesn't really mark out conflicts. Files highlighted in red are hacks, nothing more. They may be benign or they may be in conflict, but CI won't identify anything other than that they are hacks.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 08:26:52 pm »

I think there's a special marking for Dups too.  Either way, Delphy's Download Organizer (DDO) from MTS2 will find them for you.  After doing the scan and identifying the duplicates, you can either assume that the duplicates really are that, filter for them and delete, or you can scroll down through the whole list, deleting the flagged items that clearly are duplicates.

Rose/Miros
Misskitz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 02:09:52 pm »

Yea, Miros1, your right..I belive they're mark in pink. It ended up being two duplicate eye-liner downloads that we're conflicting (or so the other members on MTS2 say) with eachother. Either way I'm just glad that I can make sims in CAS! Thanks for all the help guys!
[/B]

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: