Insimenator.org
May 04, 2024, 05:04:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim permanently shocked by Lie-Detector  (Read 2506 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
thereaper100

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2008, 05:30:15 pm »

Pretty much just as the title says. I have a zombie sim who was wearing the lightbulb helmet while using the lie-detector, he got shocked as usual, but then that blue lightning never went away. It's not, like, stuck or frozen in place, it's just that the blue electricity stays around him, ever arcing, ever moving. It never goes away, no matter what he does. Changing clothes and leaving doesn't do a thing.

I'm actually kind of torn on whether I like it or not, because while it is cool, it really doesn't fit this particular sim. Furthermore, if it indicates a more serious problem, I'd like to know about it.

So, anyone else had this problem? Is it just one of those minor graphical glitches requiring me to update my drivers/buy a new card, or is it something more serious?
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 05:42:48 pm »

Minor glitch. While in neighborhood view enter the cheat, boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
Shift+ click on the sim and select "force error". Hopefully it reset him.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
thereaper100

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 05:51:37 pm »

Aw, but I'm too lazy for that. I'll just try that FFS Debugger thing. Now I get why it has that function.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:10 pm »

Somtimes if you delete a sim on the lot, save and exit. Return to the lot and they will standing near the mailbox.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
thereaper100

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:47 pm »

Well, the FFS Debugger didn't work. I guess I'll try the boolProp method of forcing an error. I might also try the deleting thing, but before I do I have to ask: deleting a sim on the lot doesn't carry any risk of, well, actually deleting them, does it? And is there any particular way I would go about deleting them (I know the FFS Debugger can do it, but I certainly haven't memorized all the cheats, and I don't want to randomly activate various actions labelled "Delete" Wink )
thereaper100

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 03:19:34 pm »

Ok, the boolProp method worked. Thanks.
mhbuck21

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 04:50:43 pm »

but with bubbles. The sim was cleaning (the sink I believe) and after it finished, his hands kept generating bubbles. Also kind of cool looking but went away after a while. Or swimming... after they came out of the pool, they kept showing water movement around them.

I'll try the boolprop method next time it comes up. Good to know, thanks!.:happy8:
Mari
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: