Insimenator.org
May 06, 2024, 01:19:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building Question  (Read 2688 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SeZZa

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2008, 10:27:17 pm »

Hello... again!

I've been playing sims for so long and I ask as many questions for help as a
n00b but it just goes to show that I haven't been very creative and am now exploring my creative side... Whee!

Anyway!..... I'm in the middle of buildng a house...
This house is lined with decking to lift it from the ground, however the car garage is not going to have decking but I want to connect it to the house.
Due to the fact that the walls are lifted from the decking, it won't let me connect the walls...

I have downloaded houses which have had what I want to do but I've never known or learnt how to do it.

Hopefully someone can help me soon.

Thanks!
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:42:34 pm »

To help clarify, when you say connected to the house, do you perhaps mean:

1) physically connected by a walkway or corridor?
2) physically attached to the house, with steps leading up from the garage floor to the house proper?
3) or are you looking to raise the level that the garage floor will be sitting on so that it is the same height as the house floor, but without decking necessary around or under the garage?

If you have a pic of any lot with this feature (or a link to such a lot) to share here, that might aid as well.
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 02:40:41 am »

Uh, I'm sorry. I meant this one...

2) physically attached to the house, with steps leading up from the garage floor to the house proper?

I have it attached with only the last square of floor missing (as I cannot fully attach/connect it) and it shows a wall panel but it's slanted on one of the sides...

Hope that this makes more sence.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 06:59:57 am »

Unfortunately, haven't the time to type out anything approaching a complete tutorial (and haven't found one on just this topic extant elsewhere), but you'll need to perform some trial and error using these two cheats:

moveObjects on
boolprop constrainFloorElevation false

Would suggest experimenting with a test lot first, as follows:

Start with a level, empty lot.

Put in your house foundation (decking) and the connecting stairs to where the garage should be first.

Use moveobjects on to place the driveway and extension.

The use boolprop constrainFloorElevation false to place all the garage walls and garage door.

Then place the house walls. You may find that you will need to use boolprop constrainFloorElevation true to get the walls in place without any sloping. Indeed, you may find it necessary to temporarily remove discrete sections only of the foundation (decking) - leaving just parts of the walls 'floating' - and then re-input the foundation in order to get the walls to show without a slope.

Do take the time to play with the cheats, both enabled and disabled, to see what they do.

Sorry I can't provide a step-by-step guide just now, but experimenting on a lot you don't intend to keep, using those 2 cheats (sometimes with them enabled, sometimes with them disabled), will in the end get you what you want.

Should I happen to find an existing tutorial, will add that here in an edit.

Don't be leery of experimenting until you get things as you want them. So long as you don't Save the game, all of your experimenting will be erased when you Quit.

EDIT: Okay, here are some existing tutorials (each probably uses a slightly different order of methodology, but you should get the gist):

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93917&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=91504

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/articles/sims2/tutorials/houses/465757/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 03:36:07 pm by rwills » Logged
SeZZa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 01:31:45 am »

Thank you so much!!!

I had tried the moveobjects on cheat but that didn't do any justice.

The tutorials are definitly what I need.

Thanks again for all your help!

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: