Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:55:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ugly Question of Money  (Read 27128 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 02:27:12 pm »

And any monies donated here also go to help ISA?

the two sites run on the same server Wink

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Nymphy
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 05:11:24 pm »

So costs for the server, which both IS and ISA run on, are $100 a month, and we currently also owe $200 for the previous two months. And the server is currently owned by Dour from WNF and is being transferred completely to Insim people. Smiley

That is much more information then was previously given by the old site owners during most of the donation drives, in all honestly. Thank you Ali!  :kiss:

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 05:23:11 pm »

Thank you indeed. Ali. I was always a little bothered by the lack of accounting for the funds. Oh well, new pirates, new fun. Making the info available to the contributors makes it easy for those who are able to donate to see whether we are doing enough, or exceeding (hopefully) so that future investment in server power and bandwidth can be purchased. Love the avi, Nymphy. There is nothing wrong with taking in more than is necessary as long as it is used to boost the power of the site, imho. So, whenever you get things worked out with PayPal let us know, or post the vendor details and those of us with existing PayPal accounts can go ahead and try to get you some immediate relief.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 02:57:42 am »

hmmmm, I just donated and didn't have a problem

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with being based in the UK Dunno

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 06:56:58 am »

Possibly. I just tried again and got the same verification failed message. In the interval, until it is working, perhaps if we might get the info on how to address the donation on PayPal, perhaps we could go ahead and send some help? I have no idea where to send the donation, I know the old one for the old IS but have no interest whatsoever in sending any money there.
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 09:04:45 am »

Yes there is nothing wrong with keeping some in reserve or for improvements. But I still think it's good to show when immediate costs have been met, because some people on restricted incomes still like to donate generously if they think their favorite site needs it, and showing a meter will let them know if they don't need to donate again for the time being.

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:05 am »

It's twoo, it's twoo. I was remiss, thank you for bringing that up Inge, I should have said that those among us who can might be inclined to give more. However, many (assumption here) may be like me, self-employed, so our income fluctuates wildly sometimes, sort of feast or famine kind of thing. Still, a meter would be a very good thing, that way we can all see where the site stands financially and whether our efforts are sufficient.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 02:41:12 pm »

KEWL, it works, it do, it do, it do. .

It was a PayPal glitch, thanks to Ali it is working, everybody use the button on the home page, not the one at the start of this thread.

Thanks, Ali.

Next we'll be needing an option to set up a regular monthly contribution, maybe.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 02:49:23 pm by jamesabrown1 » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 02:50:46 pm »

Do you go by the name Santa, james?? *hug*

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 02:54:15 pm »

Not only no but H**L NO. I am not the ho ho ho. Erm, I'm not a poet, either. I'm glad it's working now, I feel like I can do something to help. I'm not so jaded that I'll cop out because of the old site. And, though I spend most of my time programming mainframes, I do understand a thing or three about servers, as well.

Edit: Also about server and bandwidth cost.
Brego89
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 09:33:08 pm »

Once PayPal is up I think it is up to you Brego. You can always just set up a regular monthly on the PP site for anyone, vendor or otherwise. At least, I think that is the case.

Thanks for the response james. I did check with Paypal and an individual can't set-up recurring payments-a subscription has to be established.  So Jenna's going to have to depend on my memory for her booze fund!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 09:53:14 pm »

LOL. I guess we'll all have to try to remember not to let Jenna suffer. Maybe they'll set up a subscription option so we won't all have to keep checking back. Meantime, if Jenna will keep making her beautiful self appear then I think they'll get plenty of responses. Apart from that, I think I'll just check in every month while I'm able, and see if I can help in some small way. Maybe others will as well, I hope. Some of us got burned on the old site, but that was because of the deceit, not because we didn't genuinely want to help. I'm not so jaded that I won't jump in again.

Seriously, this community is worth saving and supporting, and the admins and mods, and even the old pirate captain himself, are worthy of our support. In a way I'm glad it came to this, it made us choose what is and what is not important. We chose to make each other important, how could we go wrong after that?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:07:36 pm by jamesabrown1 » Logged
rebcsc
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 07:21:11 am »

contributed to the "kitty" several days ago ... enough to meet the May needs as posted on the "home" page. It hasn't been updated to show my "donation". So ...

... if you're going to say "We need this much to meet this month's server bill", it would be nice if the amount needed were kept current. Otherwise, that might be my last donation.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 07:27:34 am »

well, unfortunately I don't have time to check everyday, the last time I checked was this time last week. If I have missed your donation then I apologise however rather than a rather rude post about how we don't keep it up to date, you could have just posted an enquiry for us to check in case there'd been a problem with your payment perhaps?

edit

I have now updated the donation meter, apologies to those of you who have sent in monies in the last week but have not seen your donation added to the front page

If anyone would like to tackle devising a meter that will update automatically I would be most grateful - unfortunately any technological like that is beyond the comprehension of my few functioning brain cells!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:37:15 am by Ali » Logged

rebcsc
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 08:31:32 am »

I don't consider my post "rude".

Since it was near the end of the month and the site was reporting a nearly 25% shortfall in the required "server, etc" fees, and I did donate an amount equal to the shortfall to make sure the site's expenses were covered, a simple explanation and "thank you" would have sufficed.

and ...

You're welcome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: