Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:48:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help? I have an idea and need feedback and some help.  (Read 4681 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lilroselou

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:00:13 pm »

I'm about to start posting a new story on insim called 'imogen' and was wondering whether you could spare a few minutes to look at my idea and characters to see if it will get interest...

Would you still recognize your own child...if you hadn't seen them in over 15 years?

this is the story of Laura and Adam Dantane a pair of high school sweethearts who suffer a tragidy when their young daughter Olivia is kidnapped at an outing to the beach, her fate remains unknown for over a decade and when our story starts the couple have both become successful in their careers with Adam running his own gym and Laura being an acclaimed teacher and lecturer. They have also adopted four children; Two teenage boys, a teenage girl and a young daughter.
The story starts at christmas time in the Dantane household and so because of her children being in the local town, Laura travels further from home to do her xmas shopping and by accident passes a girl she is sure is her lost daughter.
she follows the girl and loses track of her but still Excited by the news she goes home to tell Adam the news to which he isnt pleased. It is revealed that laura has a history of accusing young girls of being her missing 'lilybell' but this time she says she is even more sure and waits at the place she passed the girl for days and hits the jackpot. Following the girl to a local club she sees that the young woman is a member of a girlband and approaches her.
But the girl is furious, she thinks laura is crazy and disagrees of being her child, she says she is a different age has a different name, has known her mother all her life and laura is not it.
But laura's determination pays off when a dna test reveals that 'imogen' is actually her child but the problems don't end there.
Imogen is moved into the family home with the dantanes biological grandson milo, but cracks appear in the family.
adam and lauras marriage is starting to fray under the stress, the dantanes adopted teen emma's jealousy over imogen starts to cause trouble, and when their eldest son jake's sexuality is questioned and his secret relationship with bf zachary is exposed by imogen it results in the hideous attack on zachary which leaves his life in the balance.

suddenly Laura has to choose between her only biological child who was raised by someone else and the four children of someone else who she adopted and raised...

The characters in the story are: (pics will come soon)
Laura dantane - a dark short haired woman who's obsession with her daughters disapperance lead to her downfall.
Adam Dantane - loves his daughter but has loyalty and love to his adopted kids. He comes under question when rumours of an affair surface.
Emma Dantane - a sexy tanned blonde, witty and funny. Has a good relationship with all her siblings.
Jake Dantane - Short black hair and pale skin. Shy, withdrawn and artistic. secretly gay.
Connor james 'CJ' Dantane - tanned-dark with curly brown hair. Very good looking and charismatic. One of the jocks in his year whos misbehaviour is causing him to fail at school.
Samantha Dantane - the only non-teen child, a sweet quiet girly girl, but can be loud when teasing and being immature.
Chase munroe - Emma's love interest, brown spiky hair. a loveable cheeky chap whose old fashioned when it comes to courting emma.
Zachary Carra - Jakes boyfriend, long blonde hair, tatoos and very handsome, very sharp and sarchastic. very loving toward jake.
Kiska Rafello - A beautiful but slightly dumb friend and co-worker of Laura.
Margaret Newman - Laura's mother and the children's nan, very close in particular with Emma.
Imogen Kelly - Member of girlband MORE biological daughter of laura and adam. The center of the story.
Milo rutherford - imogen's baby son.

Any feedback would be great! any help to further the plot and any ideas for plot twisters and i need help changing Zachary and jake's names. A new character will enter the sotry later and i plan to call him zachary so he can be affectionatley nicknamed zac attack, so zac's name needs to be replaced, i also dont think that jake feels right. The dantanes give their children quite traditional names so no moonlights or anything but something a bit special, feel free to go for something sexy and unusual for zac as he's a special character =]

*PLEASE VISIT MY STORIES, A PIECE OF LIFE A ROMMY DRAMA/THRILLER ABOUT A COUPLE WHO CANT HAVE A BABY AND MEET A YOUNG PREGNANT STRANGER...

AND [COLOR=mediumturquoise] ASHWELL BROOKS A MEDICAL DRAMA ABOUT THE NURSES AND PATIENTS OF ASHWELL BROOKS MEDICAL CENTER*[/COLOR]
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:40:53 pm »

It's certainly a good idea! I love original stuff.
I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Post the first chapter, I'm intrigued!

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 04:52:04 pm »

Names? Look up boy's names on Google, you will get sites with loads of names.
But one of my favourites is Niall.  Lips Sealed

leigh825

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:41:31 pm »

sounds awesome!!  Grin
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:00:48 pm »

it seems great really! cant wait to read it  Wink
the only thing i'm not so sure of is the adopted children, are they
supposed to have adopted them when they were young or are they
like foster kids? seems a lot to have adopted 4 kids! but if i can see that
it's important for the story hehe. it was just the only thing i could come up with that
i possibly think you could change
otherwise, great idea!

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 10:16:12 am »

Sounds great! I was wondering about the kids too, adopting teens is a bit strange, and they probably would never be very close to their foster parents. It would make more sense if the kids were adotted young, but it's your call.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: