Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:40:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't install BonVoyage or Freetime (contains error report) ADDED PICTURE  (Read 18478 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 04:16:47 am »

I'll try no promises it will work though. keep in mind that the installer never opened. immediatley after putting the disk in, the error report betchen popped up.

EDIT: WOOT! I freed up about 8 gigs! I now have 11.8 gbs of free space. It turns out my horrible habit of torrent downloading was bad for the compoopa. who knew?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:42:27 am by jordinary » Logged

alice is love .:twilight:.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 07:59:06 am »

that is good. does that mean you were successful installing BV & FT?
jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 05:50:43 pm »

urgh no.  angry

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 07:05:50 pm »

OK...a couple things to consider. I sincerely doubt it's the disks, since you're having this same problem with both.

Try restarting your computer with the disk still in the drive, then try to install. 

Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date and/or installed properly (yes this can cause autorun problems). It could even be something as simple as a loose cable in your computer.

It could be your optical drive (cd drive, dvd drive...whatever you have). If you have something else you can install on your computer via a disk, give it a try, or even another computer you can test it on. If they install on one computer then not the other, then you have a problem with your optical drive.

You might have to manually install the game. Now I can't recall offhand how many disks come with FT and BV, so just do this for each disk:

1 - Go into My Computer.
2 - OPen drive C.
3 - Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
4 - Name the folder Disk Images (it is important that the name has a space in it).
5 - Open the newly created Disk Images folder.
6 - Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
7 - Name this folder Disk1.
8 - Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.
9 - Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 EP into your CD-ROM drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
10 - Double-click My Computer to open it.
11 - Go into My Computer, right click over your CD/DVD drive and click open.
12 - When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
13 - All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
14 - Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.
15 - Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.
16 - Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives. Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
17 - To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 08:45:04 pm »

No copying and using the disk image method didn't work either
I don't have another computer I can test the games on

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:23 pm »

Did you try the other things I suggested (drivers and checking for loose cables? Testing another install disk?)

jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 12:43:07 am »

I'm actually on my phone at the moment so i'll test when i get home. Could it be secuROM being a botchen that is stopping me from installing?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 01:27:39 am »

If these are legitimate copies you bought, it's unlikely

jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 05:17:56 am »

Yes they are legitimate copies. I tried Sims 2 torrents, they are too complicated. How can I remove secuROM from my PC with my games still installed? Last time i reinstalled all my games, i had a problem with H&M. As soon as I uninstalled the base game and all EPS then removed SecuROM, there were no problems. But I don't really feature going through that again if I can avoid it.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 11:13:00 am »

You can remove securom, but as soon as you reinstall the game, it's there. There's no legal way around it.

neko-chan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 10:16:43 pm »

I just exchanged BV and FT for new copies of the game and these don't work either!!! I'm going to try reinstalling all my games and if not, I'm buying a laptop soon anyways.

I will be replacing jordinary as he is a botchen.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: