Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:09:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you want to play without this mod?
Yes - 52 (21.1%)
No - 162 (65.9%)
Maybe - 32 (13%)
Total Voters: 179

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: InSiminator Mod for Sims3  (Read 99051 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 02:10:49 pm »

Based on the information available, an Insimenator-type mod is looking like it will be extremely unlikely or impossible in TS3, so I wouldn't get too excited.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »

Pescado, at the risk of sounding foolish, have you got any specifics as to what the Sims 3 will have as limits that have not been made public in any forum so far?
Or any "secret" information you've been made aware of? Inquiring Simmers want to know!
We're so used to your ability to break things and put them together better that for you to tell us this is a hint that the game is going to be virtually impossible to mod for at all, even at your level of expertise.
Or is this just one of those "difficult is easy-impossible takes a little longer" things?

Seems to me the mountain can't be moved in this instance.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 07:02:02 pm »

We're so used to your ability to break things and put them together better that for you to tell us this is a hint that the game is going to be virtually impossible to mod for at all, even at your level of expertise.
All the inside sources indicate that EAxis has seriously cracked down on the actual moddability of the game. While surface-level texture replacement and remeshing will easily be possible, making actual SERIOUS modifications is looking considerably more crippled. The kind of easy stuff that we have gotten used to in TS2 simply will not be possible in TS3. It are a fact. I know because of my learnings.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 08:11:28 pm »

All the inside sources indicate that EAxis has seriously cracked down on the actual moddability of the game. While surface-level texture replacement and remeshing will easily be possible, making actual SERIOUS modifications is looking considerably more crippled. The kind of easy stuff that we have gotten used to in TS2 simply will not be possible in TS3. It are a fact. I know because of my learnings.
So you are saying that we can kiss the adult mods goodbye?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »

Depending on what you define as "Adult mods", quite possibly.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 11:41:43 pm »

This is not a good thing-the very fact that a major portion of Sims 2 players are adults, and fully capable of doing some very strange things in their games, does not seem to register with EAxis-and they're going to pay a huge price.
I'd be willing to bet that 2/3's of all players are over 21, and mostly are not playing a "vanilla" game-such as myself, ahem.
They've just screwed the pooch for sure. Game over, EAxis. You've lost. We're done playing your game.

Feisty32
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 12:07:57 am »

ooowee i think EAxis just totally committed finiancal suicide however you spell it.

boy is EAxis gonna pay for this. Undecided
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 12:09:27 am »

Don't believe that for a second.  People will still buy it.  They will bitch about it, but they will buy it.  And then go back to TS2, but EA's got their money already.
Feisty32
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 12:17:29 am »

i believe it cause EAxis really is that stupid and arrogant plus the vast majority of simmers are adults maybe kids will buy it but not some of us adults and alot of us won't buy it cause of that evil suckurom. Sad

in other words keep that evil piece of garbage of a game away from my computer thank you very much. Undecided

just speaking my opinion that's all. Grin

i'm a sims 2 fan and player for life and that is how it always will be sims 2 for life i say. Grin

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:31:30 am by Feisty32 » Logged
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 07:25:15 pm »

Depending on what you define as "Adult mods", quite possibly.
Two parts. 1 The basics, blur remover and default replacement body skins'

2 More advanced,the hunter type animations.

The animations one can live without but removing the blur and replacing those silly barbie skins is for me essential.
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 06:29:44 am »

i believe it cause EAxis really is that stupid and arrogant plus the vast majority of simmers are adults maybe kids will buy it but not some of us adults and alot of us won't buy it cause of that evil suckurom. Sad

in other words keep that evil piece of garbage of a game away from my computer thank you very much. Undecided

just speaking my opinion that's all. Grin

i'm a sims 2 fan and player for life and that is how it always will be sims 2 for life i say. Grin

They say money can't buy happiness.  It can, however, buy arrogance and stupidity...
I've never been excited by Sims 3 because of past experience with loving a certain iteration of a game and not liking the next version.  I don't really see any way that I would buy 3 until well after its release and possibly after an expansion or 3.  If they were smart, they would put in parental controls or have an adult themed expansion.  We all know how smart large corporations are, though...

P.S.  I wonder if years down the road I'll still be playing Sims 2 [after Sims 4 has come and gone] like I do with Civilization II

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Feisty32
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 07:06:47 am »

i know i'll still be playing it when sims 4 will come out there is no way i'll buy anymore sims games i know when i first read it i was not gonna buy it. it just did'nt excite me at all. Sad

you did make a good point there vampyrmuffinman and nicely said. Grin Cheesy
Mooch

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 04:04:37 pm »

Does that mean we'll have to live with all EA's bugs they never bother to fix?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:49:50 pm by Mooch » Logged
Hanomaru
Lurky McLurkface

I'll just leave this here.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 05:40:59 pm »

Nah, they'll have a patch out in, oh... six months.

"You're telling me that fifty million screaming friends are never wrong?
I'm telling you that fifty million screaming friends are $&@%ing morons."
James Euringer
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 12:59:25 pm »

Nah, they'll have a patch out in, oh... six months.

And a few months later a patch to fix what the first patch borked.  DOH And on and on and on.............

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: