Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:26:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you want to play without this mod?
Yes - 52 (21.1%)
No - 162 (65.9%)
Maybe - 32 (13%)
Total Voters: 179

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: InSiminator Mod for Sims3  (Read 99072 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2009, 12:52:45 am »

I think it is because the man who created and maintained Insimenator for Sims 2 is no longer around. Hence, the Sims 2 Insimenator mod was unsupported now.

It's not hard to play Sims 2 without the Insimenator. TJ (TwoJeffs) has a version that works much better and is more reliable called Sim Blender, which is an ongoing project for him as an answer to a number of requests made at his site, Simbology.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2009, 12:59:26 pm »

As far as I know, the InSIM mod for Sims 3 will appear when Hell freezes over, the Law of Gravity is repealed and Pescado says he loves each and every one of us for our inspiring individuality.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2009, 06:32:30 pm »

Not to break any hearts.

I don't think we'll see a lot of the same mods for 3.

I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes inteen, I mean they're still working on a newer Inteen for 2.  And TJ seems to be totally occupied working on ACR 2.0 for 2.

Warlokk is retired I believe, so I don't think we'll see the really detailed body shapes for 3.

Chris Hatch and Joker have been making some great stuff for 2, not sure if they're jumping to 3 anytime soon.

Hunter I believe is pretty much retired from modding, but maybe he'll come back for 3, who knows.

There's a lot of clothing designers for 2, but when it came to custom animations and the really complex mods, very few really did anything solid.  So if those few don't move to three, ugh.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2009, 07:07:12 pm »

At the moment an Insim-style mod for TS3 is not looking likely. We're certainly looking into the practice, but seems EAxis has encrypted the files against it.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 01:19:55 am »

I did read your comments about the file types and methods they used to pack the game with. So, will there be a time down the road that we can have a program like SimPE to crack Sims 3 with?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 06:27:07 am »

I did read your comments about the file types and methods they used to pack the game with. So, will there be a time down the road that we can have a program like SimPE to crack Sims 3 with?

As far as I understood the more informed members, it will be closed source. Meaning that modding would be indeed legally impossible.
ma.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 06:37:30 am »

(Okay, I'm going to probably get hung for this but it needs to be said)

Technically, we don't really need custom clothing (we can just re-colour them to our own individual tastes). Technically, we don't really need custom clothing or hair (again, we can just re-colour them. We probably need new hairstyles, but not hair-colours). All I can see that we really need are mods, and even then we probably won't be able to get them.

I for one don't mind playing a "vanilla" game, because unlike TS2, TS3 lets you be an individual with all of the stuff you can re-colour. (hell, even the f--king mailbox! Now it can be something besides plain white! YES~)

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 09:59:19 am »

Actually, for Sims 3 all you need is a decent playable game that doesn't come with a metric f*** ton of bugs/glitches and our dearly hated SecuROM. All you need for Sims 3 is something that is better than what the company has provided. Good luck, I'm staying behind with my Sims 2, which has been made playable by people like Pescado and Squinge. Have fun with your $80.00 - $90.00 set of drink coasters!

moo-moo

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 10:28:54 am »

my laptop broke so i cant get it until i have a new laptop in a few months time but if (and i cant believe im saying this) its a disappointment then i will stand proud with my sims 2 and all its custom content but as it has been said the llikely hood is that there will be tonnes of cc for ts3 and meshes galore almost as soon as its realease its inevitable that people will make it and post it and that people will download it
so have fun all you who have it already and good luck to all you trying to get it YAY
Ardenwolfe

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 11:13:46 pm »

I remember people saying the same thing with Sims 2. While it might not be Insimenator, there will be a mod quite like it . . . if not better.

Patience.  The mods are coming. Yes, all of them.

Wolfe
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 05:34:36 pm »

Maybe. IF the company says we can because if not, they will have to go underground and be shared in secret. Don't tell me that they wouldn't do that, either because this is EA Games, the idiots that brought us SecuROM and more bugs in the game than a butterfly collector could shake a stick at.

kamiccolo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 05:44:09 pm »

There's a few good mods that have been made already.  Nothing like the InSiminator, but the game hasn't been out for long.  I'm not sure if the mods created will have to be kept secret.  There's a lot of sites that have links to the mods, and EA could probably find them all within 5-10 minutes.  Even if EA isn't supporting mods being created it doesn't look like they're doing anything to stop it.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 06:09:42 pm »

You aren't paying attention to the meaning of my words: IF EA Games definitely states that making mods is against the EULA and is in fact, illegal, then such things will have to go underground should they decide that they wish to prosecute the people making them.

Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2009, 03:16:53 am »

Y'know, thats one thing I cant understand at all.

The sex animations I can KINDA understand despite much grumbling and annoyance and wanting to chuck bricks at EA. But the Insiminator is HARDLY a bad thing.

If anything it gives direct control to the player, and makes the game more fun because, at least for me, it takes away petty annoyances. Makes managing Sims in large numbers much easier. Makes getting around bugs and issues that were never fixed a sinch.

Hell, I dont have to even take my Sims to those god awful boring stores to get them clothing. I can just purchase them clothing at their homes, suit em up. And get back to playing my game my way.

So, yeah, I dont get why they are so against all mods. I mean, if they dont want people making the stuff, they should just make the game right in the first place instead of leaving it full of bugs and crap to begin with. And of course, listen to their customers. Which would lead to making MORE MONEY.

Seriously, whatever happened to the customer is always right?. I mean a happy customer is a loyal customer, and will always come back to buy more.

Pssh..Now that I think about it, they should take a lesson from Sims 2 Open For Business.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2009, 04:28:46 am »

There's a few good mods that have been made already.  Nothing like the InSiminator, but the game hasn't been out for long.  I'm not sure if the mods created will have to be kept secret.  There's a lot of sites that have links to the mods, and EA could probably find them all within 5-10 minutes.  Even if EA isn't supporting mods being created it doesn't look like they're doing anything to stop it.

Maybe they're biding their time. It wouldn't be the first company and not the first time this happens - but then they come down with a vengeance to set an example. Right now they're busy patting themselves on the shoulders, but I'm pretty sure their legal departments are already weighing their options.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: