Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 01:53:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Official GBLT Thread  (Read 70755 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Anonymous
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 03:59:52 pm »

You're right I should'nt left her out. But when you say something like that in my country, people make fun of you and say really hard and cruel things about her and I didn't want her to experinece that . She used it just to be popular. You can be popular in many different ways but not make yourself the school's joke? I'm not against them or her and I think're victims of fate. I mean who would love to themself the bitter feeeling of this by an young has and has this/herself feel weird. In my country they're against these people but they're wrong because it was not their choise. That is why I hope someday to live in America because it's land hardship but most importanity a land of freedom and liberity.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 04:41:17 pm »

The thing is, if you and others who feel the same don't stand up and dare to be different, things will never change. It was the same in North America (and still is in places), but people stood up for what they thought was right, regardless of what people said and did. It's the only way to bring about any change. Nothing will change if you don't change it. If you thing they're wrong, then don't contribute to the problem by doing nothing about it.

Besides, friendship is about being willing to stand with your friend, regardless. Support isn't about agreeing with them all the time, it's about being beside them, even if you think they've made a mistake. You can disagree and still be supportive. If you really are her friend, then what other people think of it shouldn't matter. Smiley

What I want to know is, did she actually say she was telling people so she could be popular? Or is this your assumption? Is she simply, in her own way, trying to make a change in the way people perceive lesbians, gays, etc? Is this her way of saying "Who care what they think? I am who I am?"

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Anonymous
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 12:39:22 am »

You're right, I can't imgaine the feeling by dumped by my best friend. And now the worst thing she hanging around with her best friends and they're make fun of her by telling other friends and publishing this news in school. But if I want to reopen this friendship should I call her around the week? or wait? and you're right I should stand for but the problem is any sociaty it's your word aginst them and they hate them so much that they don't mind killing them. Tell me, do those people have the right to do what they want in public or in their places in America ? Is the president of America going to put rules to help them or he's like our president who used his money to go on24/7 trips. And what is your opionon on same-sex marriges?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 02:01:39 am »

I would suggest approaching her and apologizing for dropping her like you did and then let her decide what to do next Smiley. Personally, my friends are my friends, regardless of their age, gender, religion or sexual preference. I don't care what other people think, because I'm not out to impress other people, especially other people who are so narrow minded as to think someone is a second-class citizen because they happen to be of a different race, religion or sexual orientation. At the end of the day, the opinion I should really worry about is my own and whether or not I know I've done the right thing.

As for same sex marriage, I'm for it. It's legal in Canada, where I live Smiley

Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 02:58:15 am »

Oh Canada. Sometimes I think I'd rather like to join you ...  rolleyes

So I definitely had no idea that this thread existed until just now but it kind of makes my night (erm ... morning)! I am not a teen either, but I am a lesbian so I thought I would poke my head in and say hi as well. So hi! And yay for this thread. It's so nice to find so many beautiful, welcoming people here.

Anonymous
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 06:01:25 am »

You're lucky that you live in Canda. They say that it's the most beautiful place but it's cold in there.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 10:04:01 am »

It is beautiful, but it's certainly not cold now LOL.

Anonymous
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 12:34:24 pm »

I wish you kidnape my to canda for what happened to me of series drama this day.
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 04:34:10 pm »

I hope to move to Canada someday. America isnt doing it for me, i have to travel.

Anonymous
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 01:19:20 am »

If you go call me, put me the in the big bags and take to Canada.
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 01:20:21 am »

lol i'll do that Cheesy

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 06:40:41 pm »

I've recently come out to my family as bi-sexual, and they are all accepting and don't mind as long as I'm sure and happy.
I'm a little angry with the Australian government, because they say they don't support homophobia, but isn't not allowing us to marry who we wish, if they are the same gender, homophobia?
Also, they won't grant us the ability to marry someone of the same gender as ourselves but Centrelink (unemployment benefits and single parents money etc.) here, now asks if you are living with someone of the same gender if you are in a relationship with them, and if you are they join your money together.
Isn't the Australian government guilty of homophobia then?

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2009, 06:53:11 pm »

I would say they were more guilty of hypocrisy than homophobia.

Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 04:10:39 pm »

I agree with Joy, it sounds pretty hypocritical.

SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 08:38:12 pm »

Sounds totally screwed up.
America is the same way (save for a couple states). People do all these debates on why gays can't get married/shouldn't be allowed to get married, and about 80% of the time, they quote the Bible. No offense but who CARES about the Bible? It's called seperation of church and state.
It's sad, really. Straight people can get married on a whim, but gays have to do all this work to get married. My best friend and her new wife had to go half-way across the country to get married and it isn't fair.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: