Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:37:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: recolors trash icon  (Read 1225 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
loryah

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:46:53 pm »

hello !
I have a big problem... With the sims and his firsts add-ons, when I dowloaded news objects and recolors, I had two trash icon in my game. One for deleted objects, second for deleted recolors. But the second icon has disapear with one next add-on... And now I can't delete recolor. When I deleted an object, his recolors stay in my download files and now he's very, very heavy. I have sims pack clean installer but it's not enought. Can I find a hack for this ?
thanks !
P.S : Once again, excuse my english but I'm french !
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 12:50:05 am »

The reason is because a coding change in the game which came with later EPs got rid of that trash can icon and its options.

What you can do:

Try placing the object on a lot first. Then switch to the design tool, click on that placed object and bring up just the recolor choices of the placed object. Choose a recolor and see if the trash can icon is present in the recolors choices. If so, use it to remove just that single recolor. When done, you can then remove the object from the lot.

If you gete a 'Can't delete as it is in use' message, apply another recolor for the placed object, then go back and choose the recolor you want to delete.

Other than that, using Clean Installer or SimPE to isolate and delete specific files is the only other method of which I'm aware.
loryah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:03:35 am »

thanks !
I'll try thy soon and I'll pray for it's works !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: