Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:44:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Houses not Loading?  (Read 1579 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
GroovyGran

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2009, 04:57:40 pm »

This probably looks like a beginner question, I know, but I have been playing the sims game since the first one made.
However, all through the hicups and the crashes etc etc, there has been one problem that i can't get to grips with, and that is houses not loading. I am forever starting from scratch because I have made a custom neighborhood, put about 5 downloaded houses in it where i want them, they install Ok, but when I click on a house to go into it, I just get the egg timer thing for ages and ages, and eventually have to reboot.
Does any clever person know of reasons why this keeps happening.
I do keep a backup of my Game, One which is when I have first installed my game and all the expansion and stuff packs (I have them all) and one which I keep trying to backup as and when I have installed custom content and the game is running Ok.
Can anyone help.

Gran Undecided
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »

From what you've said, I'm thinking you've got a house that requires an EP/SP you don't have.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 12:24:07 am »

I find that when I download a home that has lots of CC already inside the lot it takes a long time to load the lot usually 10-15 minutes at a maximum with 4 EP and 2 SP's installed and also I have low RAM so that could be factor so if the houses you download are taking a long time to load why not install them with clean installer and uncheck all the CC if any that is furnished with the home and see how long it takes to load then? Wink
GroovyGran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:59:46 am »

Hi, thanks for the relies. I'll try that simGirl
I have all the EP/SP so thats not the problem

Gran
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 04:11:57 am »

I have the same problem as you houses just loading and loading. Maybe I see my post for some ideas? Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: