Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 05:22:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving familys from downtown to neighborhood?  (Read 1329 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kouklalicious

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:01:56 pm »

Is it possible to move a family from places like downtown or the other added areas to the main neighborhood?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:42:31 pm »

Just move the family into the sim bin.  It will then be available in the main and any add-on neighborhoods.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 11:12:43 am »

You know, this got me thinking. If for some reason you would like to move your Sims to another setting (Pleasantview to Downtown) and keep the same house, you can do so using Inge's "Moveout Object Stayer" bush. You just need to make sure you don't add the house with the family at the same time (this will cause all family / friendship ties to be reset).

First, you add the bush to the house and set it to "Make objects stay at moveout". Then save (of course) before going back to the neighborhood. Move the Sims to the Family Bin, and then move the house to the Houses Bin. Pick a new place you want them and then place the house, then the family.

This does work great for families who live in trailer like homes. Just a thought.

In case you would like to check out Inge's creation: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_MiscHacks.htm (its a free site). I guess its called the "Stay Things Shrub".

(I already tried this, by the way, and it does work).

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: