Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:14:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What was Your First Sims 2 Experience Like?  (Read 17071 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:37:47 pm »

What was it like? were you confused, doing it with a friend, already knew what it was about, etc?

Mine was when I was with my friend Taylor a couple of years ago, and we were cooky girls, and she turned it on and we made our self sims (only maxis content.) and a really ugly father with make-up on. We killed him off, and them played, and it seemed so different than how I see it now. The dating thing was hilarious, and I laughed my butt off whenever he brought the flaming bag of dog poo. Whenever we did that date thing, Taylor's self sim got a hot date, and mine got an ugly one, really really fugly.  I felt bad for the fugly simmie, so my self sim dated him anyways. Our self sims were teens, so no babies anyways, and we didn't play long enough for them to age, anyways. We got all pissed at each other after a while of debating whose turn it was, it was so freaking fun and I never realized that it existed. So we brought out a timer and played for like 5 minutes each, and it killed me, so we just went to bed. Lol.
Oh, and you know how a few years ago when you made self sims that you just wanted it to be pretty and you didn't care if it didn't look like you? That's what we did. We made what we'd love to look like, but kept our skin/eye/hair color.

Ah hah hah, first sim experiences. Share Yours! (Please let me know if there is already a topic like this.)

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:00:48 pm »

My first time as a Sims 2 player-I was totally lost, confused, and puzzled. My computer wasn't the best on graphics, and it really didn't come across as nicely as the one I have now-but it was a challenge to figure out everything, plus it was fun.
I recently restarted the very first game I ever had, and I'm stunned by all I missed the first go-around; the graphics are far better, the gameplay smoother. Now I know what I'm doing, and it's far better than it was the first time. Of course, I didn't know diddly squat about hacks, mods or CC at that time, so all the irritating, headache-inducing pain was present.
I now have about 2 years of gameplay experience under my belt, and all I have to say is:
Now they're in for it!

Feisty32
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:22:55 pm »

My first time as a Sims 2 player-I was totally lost, confused, and puzzled. My computer wasn't the best on graphics, and it really didn't come across as nicely as the one I have now-but it was a challenge to figure out everything, plus it was fun.
I recently restarted the very first game I ever had, and I'm stunned by all I missed the first go-around; the graphics are far better, the gameplay smoother. Now I know what I'm doing, and it's far better than it was the first time. Of course, I didn't know diddly squat about hacks, mods or CC at that time, so all the irritating, headache-inducing pain was present.
I now have about 2 years of gameplay experience under my belt, and all I have to say is:
Now they're in for it!

bahahahaha MaryH nice. dun dun dun lol. Grin Cheesy
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:58 pm »

I was over at my sister's place shortly after the game came out and she took my sleeping son out of my arms and put him into the portable crib and then she sat me in front of her computer and told me to have some fun. I goofed around for hours building a house, making a sim of my second ex-husband and then burning it down around him. (Honest, my former therapist tells me I'm fine, so don't worry!) I was blown away by the thing, coming into it as I did straight from the original game.

I wanted that game soooo bad! But, there was nothing in the budget to be able to afford it, so I lived without it until my husband came home from work with a silly grin on his face and handed me the thing, along with University. Then he told me that he'd gotten a bonus on his check so he got me something nice cause I'd wanted it but never nagged for it. I didn't have custom content for some time until again, my sister took me online and showed me what could be gotten.

She also showed me some cool cheats and gave me a game guide. I lived without internet connection for years, but once I got it, I hit every good free site I could find for stuff. One item I downloaded required a mesh that could only be gotten here. I didn't know what mesh was back in those days, but I followed the trail, joined and so you find me here today. Whoah, what a trip! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:11:38 pm »

It was a blast! I remember the hardest thing I had getting used to was the ability to change the angle I was loooking at my sims. In the original game, you played looking down at your sims as if you were stuck to the ceiling in a corner of the room. But now all of a sudden I could see them straight on! And oh, fingers that articulated indiviidually! No more holding spoons with Eygptian hands! LOL!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 02:10:15 pm »

Wow, everyone's are different! It seemed that a few people I knew had sims and let me play it, I was so confused, but it was so fun. But none of them had C, and I had never heard of it until my friend Seanna told me about it and tought me how when she came over, and it took FOREVER to get it to work. Once I did, I loved the game so much more. The thing I hate about browsing everyone else's pictures is that I get jealous, lol, everyone's sims are much better than mine.

Ah well. Sims experiences are amazing.
Paden, I did that too. I made a crappy house and made him marry GOOPY!!!!! BAH BAH BAH BAHBHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! Then I burned him and set the whole house on fire, and enjoyed every minute of it. My friend said I needed therapy, but I think it's okay.  Grin

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 03:48:19 pm »

When I got my hands on Sims 2, there was no going back anymore. I sat in front of my computer screen for hours and kept mumbling things like: "Wow... ooh... aah... oh, that's great... awesome..." I was like a kid in a candy store. The only thing that bothered me was the not so pleasing maxis game content, especially after having so much beautiful and modern content + clothes in The Sims. My first sim lady was wearing that red blouse-white capris-red tennis shoes -outfit for quite awhile. I started playing in the Strangetown and when the alien neighbor first time showed up behind my sim's door, I almost fell off my chair out of excitement. Grin Oh, the newness of it all. It was great. Smiley

l ange bleu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 04:02:00 pm »

i worried because i wasn't sure it would work on my configuration...
but when it started it has been somthing like : "YES YES !!! it works !"
i was more excited than a kid before christmas gifts openning lol
i remember my firt sims was blond lady called sarah (still got her in my game)
she was kind of don lothario

her house was a big pink manor with a huge swimming pool where she used to spend all her time

i remenber have a lot of fun creating kid summer camp too

i used to spend a lot of time creating horrible babies in "create  a sims" trying to find if they was looking more like their mother or their father

Feisty32
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:26:43 pm »

my sims 2 experience i was laughing so hard at the social bunny and the teen sims fight the social bunny and hearing sims fart and have green mist come off of them hehe. Grin Cheesy
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 09:02:10 pm »

Oh, and the bubbles coming out of their... uh... rear end. It was hilarious to watch how some sim walked around on community lot, spreading all those bubbles everywhere. Laugh

selenashelper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:05:03 pm »

I first heard of it when I was in a chatgroup with some people I met over the internet ... a friend of mine religiously played the game, as well, but I was nervous (at that point I had a very bad desktop computer and was wary of video games). When I got my new laptop, it was the first game I bought (I was so proud!).

The first time I opened the game ... well, I was confused, and I didn't understand the differences between the Sims 1 and the Sims 2 ... I thought things would be exactly the same.

I created a sim, moved her in, and actually managed to have things be very good. She had twins, a headmaster hubby, and some.. strange genetics. (This was when I was really into goth-looking sims). Come to think of it, I still have a back-up of her somewhere.
Feisty32
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:17:21 pm »

Oh, and the bubbles coming out of their... uh... rear end. It was hilarious to watch how some sim walked around on community lot, spreading all those bubbles everywhere. Laugh

yeah talk about the perverbial bubble butt haha. Laugh Laugh2 ROFL
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 09:37:02 pm »

I used to play Sims 1 and I still do once in a blue moon when I feel nostalgic. So I did have some fairly good ideas how Sims 2 worked. I didn't buy Sims 2 until Nov 2006 and had no idea what mods, hacks, meshes and recolors were for several months.

The first experience I had was playing my family, the Durants, in Veronaville. It was a challenge figuring out how to feed the baby and change the baby's diaper. I was like.. "HTF I do this?" I didn't have a diaper changing station in the house and only figuring out that part later on after looking around online for tips and help. Haha! I finally figured out what Feed Bottle To... was on the fridge. Not quite like Sims 1. I was disappointed that the parents don't sing to their babies after feeding and changing diapers in Sims 2.

Just recently, I discovered something I never knew pets could do. They can bark or meow at themselves in the mirrors. I was very surprised the cat in one family liked to meow at herself in the standing mirror. After 3 years, I'm still amazed by the little gems in the game.. Oh yea, when can I see toddlers swinging about the ceiling fans like they did in the Sims 2 ad video from Makin' Magic for Sims 1? Tongue

Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 10:22:07 pm »

Pfft... that was a lie to suck us all in. There are no toddlers swinging from the ceilingfans. *pout*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:31:09 pm »

No such thing as fire-breathing toddlers either! *sulks*

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: