Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:58:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Install a Downloaded Sims  (Read 1287 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
adlis

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:53:44 pm »

Hi,

Can someone help me with this problem?

I have install two sims using Sim pack clean installer, but having problem of the actual sims not showing up properly in my sims bin,let me explain this:  I have sims A and Sim B installed, but  only Sim A showed up correctly but then another sim A showed  up but when i click on it i was actually Sim B as if that Sims B is disguising as sims A.  What did i do wrong?

I am Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section! I need help
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:16:15 am »

Not sure if it's a similar case, but I had had this happened to me before: I see Sim x and when I click on him/her the actual Sim appears to be Sim y.

This can be a sign of  a) tons of cc in the download folder, lot of Sim models in the CAS and game has messed up the files, and/or,
b) the hard drive needs cleaning and defrag.

I don't know how serious this can be, but I don't usually pay much attention, considering it rather a nuisance. What I do is to clear up both BodyShop and CAS by exporting the Sims I want to keep and deleting the rest. Then from My docs\username\EA\The Sims 2 I delete files like accessory.cache, group.cache, etc. which the game will regenerate next time you run the game (be aware that this time the game will take longer to load).
Sometimes the nuisance is fixed, sometimes is not.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: