Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:12:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Test Your PC if its compatible with Sims 3  (Read 142005 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
missaaliyah

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:50:21 am »

Is Your Computer Compatible With Sims 3

You can now visit  System Requirements Lab and run a compatibility test on your PC to see if your PC can play The Sims 3. 

Here are my results.  My main failure is that I have XP Service Pack 3.  Even though I pass, it passes we low for some reason.

Test yours now!
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:53:29 am »

Service pack 2 is a software requirement, service pack 3 exceeds that. It's usually the cpu. speed that's the killer. Ram or graphics card size matter little if the cpu. is to small.
missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:21:30 am »

I don't fail it, it just doesn't pass me high on the fact I have Service Pack 3.
Casual Dude

Happy suiside.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 04:12:43 am »

Mines at the exact same place as yours on the performance graph thing missaaliyah

I deleted my whole damn downloads. Big mistake :@
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 01:50:55 am »

mine passes yay!!!

The Sims 3
System Requirements Lab Analysis
Congratulations, your computer exceeds the minimum specification required to run this game.

CPU
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
      PASS   
   CPU Speed
Minimum: 2 GHz
You Have: 3.20 GHz Performance Rated at 4.80 GHz
      PASS   
   System RAM
Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
You Have: 2.0 GB
      PASS   
   Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 22600)
      PASS   
   Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (GeForce 8600 GT)
      PASS   
   Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 512 MB
   Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
   Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.11.5822
       FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.   
   Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: Realtek HD Audio rear output
       PASS   
   Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 5.10
       FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.   
   Free Disk Space
Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
You Have: 96.0 GB
      PASS   

Privacy Policy

Terms of Service
Powered by System Requirements Lab
a Patent Pending technology from Husdawg, LLC

Copyright 2009 Husdawg, LLC
nekotlc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 06:23:09 pm »

I did the test and didn't pass! Embarrassed Embarrassed Something about having only 2.0 GHz which is not enough! Is there any way to get more GHz? I don't want to have too replace my laptop it's brand new only 4 months old and it runs the sims 2 and all its exspansions and stuff packs with no problem!
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 08:05:05 pm »

I did the test and didn't pass! Embarrassed Embarrassed Something about having only 2.0 GHz which is not enough! Is there any way to get more GHz? I don't want to have too replace my laptop it's brand new only 4 months old and it runs the sims 2 and all its exspansions and stuff packs with no problem!

That 2.0 ghz is your cpu. and no, it's not an easy fix, depending on your mother board you may be able to install a larger cpu. However because you have a laptop this is something only a technician should do.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 11:47:03 am »

Hello and thank you for posting this i did the test and my pc pass the test so i will be able to play the sims3 Hugs Heart Goodjob Tea

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 05:10:30 am »

I've been going through all these minimum system requirements in various forums that a lot of people are just meeting.
This test omits one very important factor and that is one that is very often overlooked. The size of the monitor.
19" running at 1024x768, OK. There is no reference to the amount of resources that the graphics card has to allocate to let's say a 24" or larger monitor.
I run a 24" using a px9800 gtx+  and just get by by running 1600x900 resolution any higher and I need to consider either a faster card or a dual set up. Yep that's correct, dual graphics cards, one for the game and one to run the monitor. That is the reality of modern gaming. A lot of people install these things after reading the blurb on these minimum requirements only to shake their heads in disbelieve when their new game chugs along at about 3 frames a second not realising it's their new 24" wide screen monitor that's sucking up all the power.
These online test must have some means of testing your graphics card in relation to the size and resolution of the pcs monitor otherwise they're worthless.
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 11:07:57 pm »

How do we know the test is 100% accurate?

It said my comp couldn't run the Kitchen and Bath stuff but my computer when I installed it and played the game did just fine so I don't think it's entirely accurate.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 11:17:31 pm by Zggs » Logged

*Ahem*
Yes I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.
No I don't care what you think.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 11:21:17 pm »

Exactly Zggs! I ran that test to see if I could run Freetime and even BV and it told me I failed! well I was damn determined not to waste my money so I installed FT and BV and AL which it also came back negative and all 3 run just fine so I am not trusting that site, sorry...
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 12:35:50 am »

Exactly Zggs! I ran that test to see if I could run Freetime and even BV and it told me I failed! well I was damn determined not to waste my money so I installed FT and BV and AL which it also came back negative and all 3 run just fine so I am not trusting that site, sorry...

Good I'm not the only one.  My family doesn't have the money to get my a new laptop and I already preordered the game.  My laptop is only about 2 years old but it's been refurbished since the motherboard went out once (and Gateway fixed it for free HaHa)

*Ahem*
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 11:54:42 pm »

I think that site is to tell you how well the game will run with its maximum requirements but I am very stubborn and won't listen or do what most tell me until I know for myself that it won't work lol! so that is the reason I decided to spend the other 70$ on the 3 EP's it assured me I couldn't run..so heres hoping that me and you Zggs and any other simmer can run the game without hassles Wink
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 12:06:20 am »

I really really hope so or there will be hell and swear words...plus my mom would probably hate it if it didn't work.

*Ahem*
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 12:10:33 am »

I have a pretty good feeling that my computer can run it, if I uninstall maybe 3-4 EP's and the SP's I have just so I know it will run smoothly...and I am going to be pissed if I buy it and it doesn't run and Wal-Mart won't give me a refund angry...so heres hoping lol!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: