Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:54:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sudden Darkness Updated! April 20, 09  (Read 4484 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Devomuffins

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:11:17 am »

At five o’clock on a Tuesday afternoon, three nuclear blasts went off. It is unclear where they came from, or why, but they came hard and fast. Across the planet, the earth shook. Civilization fell. The human race was extinguished.  But as a city was falling, killing it’s last inhabitants in the process, nine people survived. They were split up, unaware of each other. And they held the future of the human race on their bruised and tired shoulders.

--------------------------------------------------

The first chapter will be up later today.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:22:47 am by egghugger » Logged
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:31:46 am »

Suspense...great start egghugger. i'll be checking back to see your first chapter!  Grin

Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 09:39:51 am »

Yay! next chapter is actually ready already, so I'll post it.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 09:49:36 am »

Sounds good so far.  cool

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 09:49:57 am »

“Elsie!” I screamed.
“Elsie where are you?” I scanned the shaking rubble again.
“Is it really you?” Her little voice came from behind me. I turned, and she was there.
“Oh gods, Elsie. We have to leave.” I touched her cheek, wiping away a tear.

Elsie had been my stepdaughter longer than she could remember, and I loved her more than words could tell.
“I know momma, but where’s Sam? I can’t find him anywhere,” Her voice was breaking, and it pained me to hear it so full of worry. Sam was waiting for me on an old refrigerator. Elsie’s cousin wouldn’t get left behind. I had told him to wait, told him I had to find Elsie. Jake wouldn’t let me go alone. I told him to go hot wire a car, yes honey I already knew you could, and wait for Sam and me.

“Sam’s waiting for us, we have to go. Can you run okay? Oh sweetie, you’re bleeding!”
“I can run mom, you’re hurt too.” Her little hand stroked the cut on my cheek.
“Okay, fair enough, lets go.” I grabbed her tiny hand, and we ran back to Sam, who was still waiting for me.

He hopped down quickly and ran down to Jake, who was waiting by a truck. Then he turned back to me wondering why I’d stopped and turned.

There was a girl, no older than Sam sitting next to a box, hugging her knees, waiting to die. I didn’t know her, but I didn’t care, I wasn’t going to leave her to die.

“You, c’mon, we’re getting out of here!” I yelled over the noise of the falling buildings and breaking bricks. She looked up, and the tried to stand. I gasped, and she sucked in a ragged breath through her teeth. There was a deep cut across her stomach. I grabbed her elbows, and pulled her to her feet. Then I helped her over to where Jake was waiting.

He touched my cheek, the pulled me into a hug.

We didn’t need any words. I climbed into the bed of the truck and Sam hauled Elsie and the nameless girl in.

We drove away. We left the world we knew behind.

Post Merge: April 18, 2009, 09:52:35 am - Please remember to modify your post and not reply to yourself
hope you like it. The next chapter is ready as well pics and all, but i'm going to wait and post it later this week.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 11:22:10 pm »

WOW!!  This story is great, and with the fab pictures it really pops!  Beautiful job.  Can't wait to read more!

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 07:37:51 am »

Awww thanks so much Astral. The pictures are ready for the next chapter, but i'm going in-game to take more so I can stay on top. Little warning, the next chapter does contains some gore, but it's not that good, as I did it myself.

Okay here it is, the gore is very crappy, so no worries.
-------------------------------------------------------

There was an abandoned warehouse, just far enough from the ruined city to be safe. We pulled up outside it as the rain let up, and climbed out of the truck. Inside it was dirty, and ruined. We looked around. We didn’t like it, and it probably didn’t like us, but like it or not, it was our new home.

I started to walk forward. There was a moan behind me, then a horrible sound of flesh hitting concrete, and Jake’s voice.
“Oh god, Honey?” I turned to see the nameless girl lying on the ground. She was clutching the cut across her stomach, and blood was seeping through her fingers.

“What’s wrong with her, momma?” Elsie gasped. I couldn't look at her.
“Elsie, go sit down.” I said, struggling to keep my voice even. “Sam, tear some cloth of your shirt and I’ll bandage the wound.”

I knelt beside her and put a hand to her cheek.

She was burning up. I pulled her hands off the wound. She gasped and whimpered. Jake handed me something. It was a small bottle of iodine.
“Where’d you get this?” I gasped.

“I gabbed a first aid kit on the way out. The bandages were gone but there’s three Band-Aids, and some medicine. I thought you’d better use this now,” He said quietly. I hoped Elsie wasn’t looking. I gripped the girl’s hand tightly and she focused on me.
“What’s your name?” I said loudly.
“Na-dia…” she gasped.
“Okay Nadia hold my arm,” I commanded. She gripped my arm, and I smeared the iodine across the cut. She gasped and whimpered. Sam handed me the bandage, and I wound it tightly around her waist. Her eyes started to close.
“Hang on Nadia!” I gasped, my voice louder than I intended. There was nothing I could do for her now. We just needed to hope.
“C’mon Sam, Jake, help me get her on a mattress.” I said softly. They held me lift her, though I could’ve done it alone, she weighed nothing, and we laid her on an old mattress.

She rested and I sat on the edge of the mattress trying to recollect myself. Elsie got of the bench and walked over to me.

“Momma, my leg hurts,” she whispered. I looked down at the leg she was gripping. Her left thigh was bloody, and I could see it was a bad cut. Wordlessly, Sam tore a strip off his shirt and handed it to me. I pulled out the bottle and smeared the cut with a couple drops of iodine. I wrapped the bandage around her leg and kissed her cheek.
“We’ll be okay,” I whispered.

“I know momma.” She whispered. Her little smile made my heart rise higher than I knew it could.

The night was cold, and dark. But the people around us kept our hearts warm.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 11:20:47 am by egghugger » Logged
ZanarkandFayth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 07:00:01 pm »

Cool. ^^ I hope you keep it up.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=99883<--My new Sims2 story, please read and reply. ^^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: