Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:57:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Colored Ceiling Bulbs .txt problem  (Read 2030 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2009, 12:36:56 pm »

Yes, I'm here again with another problem. Okay, so I'm getting my game to work again and I decided to download Jgwhiteus' Colored Ceiling Bulbs from MTS...
http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=91821

...but I'm unable to follow the step two from the installation instructions. After writing the sinclude "JGColorLightNL.nlo" to the Lighting.txt file, I cannot safe the file. I got a message saying: File C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights\Lighting.txt cannot be created. Make sure that the path and the file name are correct.

I think I have done everything right, so why can't I save the altered .txt file? Maybe I'm just being plain stupid. Grin

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:14:00 pm »

Check the folder and file properties to be sure it's not read only.  Make sure the file isn't open in another program.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 02:09:58 pm »

Is Night Life your latest EP? If you have new EPs then you will have to use the latest game files to save in.

I just opened the file to see what type of .txt files are in there. I see you are using the .nlo file to the game's lighting.txt, maybe the lighting.txt is not recognizing the file type.

I don't use the old way of adding to scripts anymore, try using Scriptorium by Numenor to add to the script files.  I just drag and drop into the appropriate areas. Smiley

EDIT:  I don't know what type of file it is, but it is not text. The Scriptorium is not able to read that also. Windows doesn't recognize the file when I looked it up.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:18:20 pm by lewisb40 » Logged

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:24:06 pm »

My newest EP is Free Time but the instructions said to place the thing inside OFB, Pets or NL folder, so I just picked NL because the downloaded lighting files are named NL. The txt file wasn't "read only" but it still didn't work. I finally managed to safe the txt file by moving it temporarily to the desktop.

I do have the Scriptorium but for some reason this ceiling light package didn't include a .txt file, which you can place inside the scriptorium lights folder. It was the first thing I looked for, because it so easy to use. There was only instructions to do it manually by yourself. I haven't open the game yet to see if the lights work. I hope they do. Undecided 

Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 04:35:45 pm »

save the file you made to your deasktop then move it over. Most files in the EAGames folder are write protected but can be replaced by moving the new file over. You should get a this will overwrite the existing file select  yes and that should fix it!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:22:45 am by Razamataz » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: