Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 07:08:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mansion and Garden Stuff Crashes  (Read 1708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tntmac fans7

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:44:55 pm »

Hey everyone. I hope somebody else has my problem. Here goes:

I'd installed Mansion and Garden Stuff and it was working alright. Then, when I installed Numenor's CEP Version 4 (I hadn't upgraded since a couple years ago, or something), the game seemed to freak out. I'm still not quite sure if the CEP was what did it, though, because when I uninstalled all of the CEP's components the game still freaked out.

When I started the game a blue screen (not the blue screen of death) came up and loaded forever. I've since deduced it was setting up the EA Games folder. But then once the game loads and starts, everything works really well, except when I go to build a Sim. Once I click the Build a Sim button, it begins loading and gets to the second loading bar and then crashes. The computer goes black and I have to hold down the power button to force restart it. It's terrible! I don't know what's going on. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my entire game (I have all expansion packs so it takes a long time) but NOTHING seems to help.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be extremely grateful.

Tyler

Tyler or Tommy Cheesy
web.mac.com/jgilbertproductions

Macs shall prevail!
Apples rule!
saowens
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:27:17 pm »

Hey Tyler,

You mentioned that you have Mansions and Gardens and installed Cep 4. I think you are a little out dated on your version of Cep. It's up to version 9 now. Trying downloading the latest version from here and see if that helps.
tntmac fans7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:51:53 pm »

Thanks for that. I had tried CEP 8—a few days before CEP 9 was released—but it's only compatible with the game up to Apartment Life. The thing is that I uninstalled every single component of the CEP 4 and 8 and the game STILL didn't work. I've since uninstalled my entire game completely because it was simply no use. I shall have to try CEP 9 when I reinstall the entire game.

By the way, I avoided mentioning this because I don't think it's part of the problem, but I am running full Windows XP on my iMac. After this game disaster, I uninstalled XP and haven't reinstalled it. So I'll have to do that, too.

Tyler or Tommy Cheesy
web.mac.com/jgilbertproductions

Macs shall prevail!
Apples rule!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: