Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 02:07:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about seeing the same objects in TS2 in TS3?  (Read 13642 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2009, 01:06:42 pm »

To be technical, TS2 takes place 25 years after TS1, and TS1 was released in 2000, so that would make the general timeline of TS2 (When you 1st installed the base game) beginning in 2025, which is relatively a long time from now. It being now 2009, 5 years after TS2's release, that would make it 2030 in "Sim Earth" for those who play in Pleasantview. (And the other Maxis hoods, considering they'd have to exist in the same timeline since there's the fake Bella in Strangetown.) And seeing as in Japan they actually do have Robots similar to Servos, you can make the argument that full functional robots with advanced AI's will be possible in 21 years. (Which will be 2030) That's how I generally gauge time that passes in my game. Of course in my Pleasantview, it'd be more along the lines of 2043, seeing as a lot of time has passed. For some people, less time has passed, for others...more time has passed, depending on how you play and how you allow your sims to age.

Now you have TS3. And in TS3, Bella and Morty are both Children. Now in TS1 they're adults, so you figure TS3 has to take place about 30-35 years before TS2, which make the setting of TS3 chronologically around the early to mid 60's. Considering Bella and Morty might be 5-8 years old at the start of TS3, they presumably were born in between 1957-1960. So for the user who doesn't age down default Maxis sims on TS2, that would make Mortimer about 60-65 at that start of TS2 if my math's not off..which is believable. So yes, that would make the general landscaping and architecture of TS3 WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to modern for it being set 3 or so decades before TS1. But eh...I guess EA didn't think it'd sell having the game based in a past era, despite the fact that it should be. (Though some might argue that MIGHT have been a good idea. Base it in the past, and offer CC that gradually evolves in advancement to simulate the passing of time. I really need to get this frakkin' degree in Game Design already, I could be gettin' paid for ideas like that...lol.)

tizerist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 07:59:22 am »

you can clearly see that the same objects from TS2 will be in the TS3 albeit recolored 100 times, this sort of ticks me off because I would think that EA would atleast add new objects to a *new* game tongue
I think if it means we will see these items in TS3 quicker, then its fine. Even the pool table / darts / diving board animations etc., just recycle them all. They were good enough in TS2 and they would still be fine in TS3. Wink

And as for timelines, they're better left out of it altogether. I don't wanna see a future sims game without mobile phones or PC's in it just because its set before their era.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:08:46 am by tizerist » Logged
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 11:21:16 pm »

Err *taps fingers on desk* I think if I have to pay 50$ for a whole new game, the idiots at EA could have done a better job as far as objects go. I mean c'mon how long have they had to work on the game like friggin' 4 years or something? tongue

No that just shows you one thing about EA recycling 20-30 objects from TS2 for TS3

Lazy-
      ness GAH
Teh Warmonger

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 02:18:47 am »

Personally I don't mid seeing the same stuff again. I recall there were some stuff in TS1 that somehow resembles some objects in TS2 (only with different names). You can create styles and stuff in TS3 so that kinda made me give the objects a thumbs up.

Although the objects are a little weird. The game sez the story was before Pleasantview, so I'll be expecting a 70's theme and stuff but no, I got laptops, VR goggles and cars that go faster than a Lambo (they look weirder than a Lambo too). If Mortimer got s****y computers during his adult years why did his father wield a laptop around town? O_o
Dmcclure1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 04:58:12 pm »

I dont really mind it because of the recolors. If i worked at EA (and had the power to) i would hire some of you EXCELLENT creators to make some objects....oh well, i guess.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 12:16:18 am »

Naw, then EA would be out even moar money hiring some faboulous creators to design their games now wouldn't they?

Well that just can't be can it lol..heaven forbid no! Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: