Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:09:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's going to get the The Sims 3?  (Read 70076 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2009, 11:24:22 pm »

Yeah, I've heard about TSR.

Its just, I dont get EA. Are they just stupid, or are they trying to kill their bussiness by destroying their customer base and franchises?

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2009, 11:37:08 pm »

Yeah, pretty much in a nutshell thats what there trying to do. they pretty much have gone to the dogs since EA took over MAXIS but I guess they think that they will make there quota and then some because there will always be some thousand or so tweens or children for that matter who will beg mommy and daddy to buy them a bunch of useless crap from their almighty sim store. I think if EA was smart they would allow open source CC because there going to quickly see not everyone wants there high priced sim store garbage and would rather have some top of the line CC. I think I just might go nuts if CC can't be enabled and I can't have my make-up by Bruno..I love his stuff
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2009, 12:00:31 am »

So, we arent rising up and getting the torches and pitch forks because?

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2009, 02:18:44 am »

Erm....maybe you should read up on recent threads concerning CC, because TSR has a custom content tool that will be released to the community free of charge once the game is released.
No, TSR has a mockup of a custom content tool. It doesn't actually do content any more than the mockups of Duke Nukem Forever let you play Duke Nukem Forever.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2009, 05:01:22 am »

Its just, I dont get EA. Are they just stupid, or are they trying to kill their bussiness by destroying their customer base and franchises?

It's simple: EA lost half a billion dollars last year. Their stockholders want to have better results. This means that they will grab any free-floating dollar, by any means possible.
Customers do not count for EA. They're the walking dollar signs. That is why they've sunk to the lowest common denominator when Sims 3 is being released. They made it into a mess of crap so bad that nobody with a brain in their head will play it for more than a few months.
The CC will be sold for a price because they have the keys to the kingdom. You don't like it, too bad. That's the way of EA-money first, and last.
If there is any way to improve it, the modding community has to come up with it, and illegally by the digital signing that they sneaked into the code.
That's our last, best hope-but whether it will be worth the effort remains to be seen. The overall gameplay is so borked from what I've read that no amount of code smashing possibly will not make a bit of difference.
It will still be a piece of crap. EA did it wrong again.

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:43 pm »

I played the torrent version and I have to say this:

Sims 3 Sucks!!!!

It is no where in the same realm as Sims 2. Even without CC, Sims 2 still has better gameplay. I am very upset ( I don't know why though lol). I just can't get into this game. Perhaps the Expansion Packs will improve it's many issues....such as....

1) No Community Lots (90% of them are only empty shells).
2) 75% of the animations are the SAME ones we've been seeing in Sims 2
3) No real creativity went into the game. I can think of a million things (as an actual player, modder, movie-maker) that would make the game so much more entertaining. Sims 3 is nothing more than a cheap exit into more cash by opening a joint CC factory with TSR.

EA completely jacked this game up. I can only hope another GameDev starts a new Simulation Franchise. And It WILL happen one day (and knock EA off the market), hopefully soon...

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: