Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:13:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EP1 required:No Adult Mascots New Alternate Version(5/08/06)  (Read 29828 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
yukonpizza

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 09:36:27 am »

Now if you can just get rid of that Lizard and Duck on TV, we will all have a Merry Christmas!

Actually.... I like the Duck!

Klaatu barada nikto!!!

Some try to tell me. Thoughts they cannot defend.
Just what you want to be; You will be in the end
Qwigqwag

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 10:14:55 am »

Any chance you can also change the former mascot YA's that are now playable characters?  My sim fell in love with one of them darn mascots so he had to move in to the dorm with her but, of course, he's still running around with his stupid costume.
Thanks for considering.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 10:47:40 am »

Well I got confused here too! I read something about hiding the costumes and now no Adult mascot. I would like to know if the mod forces the mascot to take out the stupid masks. Not that it will be anything better 'cause at least in my game all mascots are generated from the most ugly of the start models (normally the one that looks like be chewing a mouth harmonica and the other that looks like a half stekt pannkake)
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 10:57:08 am »

Quote from: XPTL297
Well I got confused here too!
This mod makes the adults dress in normal clothes if they used to be a mascot:)

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 12:03:46 am »

Quote from: Qwigqwag
Any chance you can also change the former mascot YA's that are now playable characters?
If i made a mod to do that then all mascots would dress in every day clothes & wouldn't look like mascots:)

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 05:47:42 am »

Sorry Squinge but this was exactly what I was looking for. I would like to have those masks as custom contents (got from Morague already) and would like that the YA mascots didn't look like mascots. Reason: they are butt ugly without the mask and it is not possible to butcher ...err surgery their faces cause they show up like masks on the surgery machine screen.
They take the masks to enter the hot tub or swimming-pool and this is enough to bring the wish to kill them.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 05:52:43 am »

Quote from: XPTL297
Sorry Squinge but this was exactly what I was looking for
Ok I will post another version in a little while:)

edit: do you want it for all of them including cheerleaders?

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 09:42:34 pm »

I just posted another version that prevents all mascots from dressing like mascots.

wildstar24

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 01:26:56 pm »

I've been looking for this fix for ages!

Do you think you might make a version that includes an elders fix?  The 2 previous cheerleaders I have are both elders and they're still walking around in those hideous llama costumes - argh!

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 01:34:13 pm »

Quote from: wildstar24
I've been looking for this fix for ages!

Do you think you might make a version that includes an elders fix? The 2 previous cheerleaders I have are both elders and they're still walking around in those hideous llama costumes - argh!
Have you planned their every day outfits to something different?  you may have to do that before this mod will make them change out of those clothes Smiley

wildstar24

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 03:30:58 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
Have you planned their every day outfits to something different?  you may have to do that before this mod will make them change out of those clothes Smiley

I haven't tried changing their outfits - I'll give that a go; thanks.  Smiley

jordi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 04:32:39 pm »

My Sim wanted to marry a Llama mascot, but after marriage he could not be moved in even though the marriage was accepted and succesful. I moved him in using the teleporter shrub, but the mascot remained a young adult. I had to fix him using the agesimscheat.

I did a test, and this mod seems to be the cause: marrying a mascot without this mod in place works normally: the mascot is converted to an adult with a college graduation.

Could you look into this?
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 06:12:55 pm »

OK. I know that if you have an adult sim propose move in or marriage with a townie uni student (not a controllable character), that YA ages to adult and moves into the house. I have never been able to make that work with a non-controllable mascot. Even way back when I only had the base game and uni and no mods of any kind. I'm confused. Should that have worked? :scratch:

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
jordi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 07:24:35 pm »

Mascots/cheerleaders are just like other service NPCs, you can fully interact with them. This means that you can propose them, move them in, marry them, knock them up etc.. Worked for me in any case.

In an unmodded game they're a tad annoying in that they will still have some of their old behaviour though, and will always dress in their mascot/cheerleader outfit on comm lots. This mod fixes that. But in the process it seems to have somehow broken mascots in other ways.

All service NPCs keep some of their old behaviour by the way: if you marry a burglar they'll always be able to sneak, and burglars, cops, firemen and possibly others will always have no traversal costs.

Only the bus/taxi drivers and the nonplayables such as SS workers and repo men can't and shouldn't be interacted with at all.
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »

Quote from: jordi
Mascots/cheerleaders are just like other service NPCs.
Not exactly. Besides retaining silly uniforms on community lots after college, mascots personality and behaviours are retained and uneditable. I know, I've tried (very hard). Change a mascot's personality (at least an evil mascot's) using either the insim or simpe and it reverts back to the maxis defined personality the next time the lot is loaded. I've never had that happen with any other NPCs.

knock them up
Knocking up female NPCs corrupts their character file. At least so I've read. Unless you've made them selectable and keep them on the lot for the duration of the pregnancy.

burglars, cops, firemen and possibly others will always have no traversal costs.
Beat me with a stupid stick if you like, but I don't know what that means.

It's funny, when I first got uni one of the first things I tried was to have a college graduate, once she moved into a house in the main neighborhood, propose to her college boyfriend who was a llama mascot. And she couldn't do it. Couldn't propose marriage, couldn't propose that he move in either. I had to go back to the college, move him into a dorm, and play out his entire college life. Other sims had no problem with fiancees that were townies. Had I had that first sim propose the move in to her mascot lover while she was still at college, there would have been no problems.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: