Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:05:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67641 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 03:12:55 pm »

I have been trying to play this game all afternoon. I have not had any so called system problems (except my Nvidia card is a 5700LE). Turned down the graphics a little to accommodate the card. Navigation is poor and jagged, the "time controller" (regular, fast, very fast) does not work at all, and the graphics are a poor cousin to Sims 2.
The CAS uses poser model time bodies and doesn't come close to the faces you could make in Sims 2. I have loaded this into 3 different systems (including a laptop) and all the same poor quality problems exist. I am very disappointed.  angry

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 05:11:25 pm »

Where did you get that hair from in your avatar?

Did quoting the quoted quote have any relevance to your question other than duplicating my typo? I hope not, else I didn't get it. Wink

Anyway, the hair ist from the incredibly talented HystericalParoxysm at MTS2: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=213898

And now I have to go play Sims2, cos on my quest for the hair I found the whole House team as sims and I'm gonna have a hysterical evening with them. Grin
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 05:48:06 pm »

"I wasn't that impressed with sims 2 till EP's and custom content. So I guess I'll have to wait an see. I'm stuck with it now...."

I completley agree with you, thats exactly how i feel....playing 3 is making me realize how much i miss and enjoy 2 better!!!

glad i didnt uninstall 2!!!!!

my advice; wait until more eps/cc come out and the original game price comes down!!!!!

That's what I've been telling people for MONTHS. It's amazing how sheepish people can be. I'm reading a lot more negative reactions then positive ones, and I can't say I didn't expect that. People expected to be blown away by TS3, but they're slowly...one by one finding out that the blind faith they put in the game was misplaced. Granted, as I've said in previous posts, the game has potential. Serious potential. But the only way it'll live up to that is...

A. EA knuckles up and fixes all of the areas in the game that need immediate fixing.

B. EA does away with or revises the EULA so that the modding community can fix it themselves.

That's the part I think some people ain't gettin'. The End User License Agreement prohibits under penalty of legal action any and ALL modification of code, textures or anything else on the game. Does that mean modders won't? Hell no. But it does mean you'll have to go searching deep into the seedy recesses of the internet to find them when mods do eventually start appearing, as they'll have to be hidden. WELL hidden. And as per InSim's rules, you won't be seeing any here unless EA changes the EULA. In the end, I can't say I dislike the game. What I dislike is EA's handling of it. The way they developed it. Their entire strategy behind it's release and the distribution of CC. If they would have done things like Maxis did with TS2, it'd be a much easier pill to swallow. But as it stand now, it's a pill covered in glass. Yes, I'll totally agree that TS2 wasn't very pretty looking at the start as well. But what saddens me is the fact that while technically The Sims 3 is graphically superior then The Sims 2, all of that went into landscaping and scenery, NOT into the actual Sim game models. That's why they look so but ugly and made of Styrofoam. It's because so much graphical priority was placed on building the town, that they for some odd reason neglected to give any such treatment to the game model. And when last I checked, the game was called "The Sims", not "The Towns".

Another thing that is sorely missed is the ability to make your own towns. That's a major shot in the foot. Same thing goes with not having a bodyshop like program packaged in game. What it boils down to is that while TS3 offers you some...and I do mean SOME new advances, there aren't enough of them to warrant saying the game is anything above average. And that's what it is...average. It's not bad...but it ain't all that good either. And it won't be for a long, long time. Unless EA changes the EULA and allows open modification of the game, you'll have to wait for improvements and fixes on their time table, of which if I know anything about the gaming industry...and I do because I work in the gaming industry, isn't going to happen for a while. So to those of you who can actually see pass the faults of the game and play it with enjoyment, by all means...ENJOY IT. Cheesy Have fun. But if you're like me, who plays the game more for the sake of building my world as opposed to on top of one that EA's forced down everyone's gullet, as well as creating life-like and dynamic looking game models...stick with old faithful, and wait out The Sims 3 for a year or two.

JBMX928

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 06:22:02 pm »

The game is alright. It just seems like a more advanced version of the Sims 2. I like being able to play a sim on one lot, and just transport him/her to another sims lot and enter if they are home. Once CC starts getting released and the customization begins, it will be an incredible game. I do not support that EA is charging money for CC on their website. The 1000 free points with buying the game was nice, but it still isn't right.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 06:55:47 pm »

The game has enormous potential, there's no denying that, but those gawd awful sims spoil it.
I would like to buy the game but every picture I look at and see those dreadful things looking back at me tells me that for the time being this is as good as it gets.
No doubt in time someone will do something about that if EA lets them.
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 07:28:37 pm »

Ok, so I just made a couple and played one sim day in thier life. I think alot of this game is awesome!!! I am disappointed with the sims appearance. I can do so much more ... make much more beautiful sims with sims2. They are superior looks wise. But I did manage after alot of little tweaks to make a very attractive couple, my lil simmys were cute ... black male, white female. I want to make them have a child to see how the mixing of the skins works. 
Ill have to have a day when I can dedicate more time to it to really get a feel for it. What I dont get though is how I go seamlessly from household to household Granted I have only made one household thus far, but seems as if I should be able to play households that are already in the game. Maybe there is townies, but you cant play those just the households, or just youre created households? hmmm....Im sure I am just overlooking something and when I get more time like this weekend, I can figure it out.

LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »

Yeah, the clock does suck, it's fastest speed is laughable. I hope EA plans on fixing that, it so boring when you have a household full of Sims who all got to sleep around the same time. If this game is going to get any better it needs mods and CC quickly. Thankfully MTS2 already has some stuff.

So you mean to tell me that is still happening in the official copy?

Where did you get that hair from in your avatar?

Did quoting the quoted quote have any relevance to your question other than duplicating my typo? I hope not, else I didn't get it. Wink

Anyway, the hair ist from the incredibly talented HystericalParoxysm at MTS2: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=213898

And now I have to go play Sims2, cos on my quest for the hair I found the whole House team as sims and I'm gonna have a hysterical evening with them. Grin

No, bb. The server was acting up. thanks.

*Mod note: Please don't double post.  Use the "Modify" option to the upper right of your post if you have something to add on to an already existing post.  Thanks.*
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:53:46 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged
TheDebofNight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 11:18:56 pm »

So I got the Sims 3 today, my Mom bought it for me when I took her to the grocery, and I've spent the better part of the afternoon and night playing it. To be honest I'm still on the fence about the entire thing, I mean on the one hand I like some of the features that it has to offer while on the other hand some of the things sort of make my eye twitched. All in all it hadn't been a horrible experince playing the game, but I won't be un-installing the Sims 2 or Bloodlines to make it go faster or anything like that.

Best Feature I've Found:
The new CAS. Call me crazy but I like all of the options that it offers, being able to pick one item and then change it completely with just the few clicks of a button. Also having the new body shapes with the sliders is nice too, instead of having the same shaped sims all over the place.

Worst Feature I've Found:
It might just be me (I'm running on coffee, cigarettes, and steam at this point) but I hate the fact that I can't make the lot move the same way that I can in the sims too. Where I can just neatly guide it to the location that I want it to go to. Instead I spend much of the time hitting the rotate button trying to get it exactly where I want so that I can add something to a room or take something from a room.

Like I said all in all it isn't a totally bad experince, it doesn't make me want to jump for joy but I haven't tossed my cookies either. So I'd give it maybe a 5.5 out of 10.

Chronicles of a Former Cammy Do Girl
A Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines Fanfiction
--------------------------------------
STAR LIGHT STAR BRIGHT
Super Hero's in LAs Vegas?
That's right, will you fight for Light or Dark?
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 01:54:03 am »

So I got the Sims 3 today, my Mom bought it for me when I took her to the grocery, and I've spent the better part of the afternoon and night playing it. To be honest I'm still on the fence about the entire thing, I mean on the one hand I like some of the features that it has to offer while on the other hand some of the things sort of make my eye twitched. All in all it hadn't been a horrible experince playing the game, but I won't be un-installing the Sims 2 or Bloodlines to make it go faster or anything like that.

Best Feature I've Found:
The new CAS. Call me crazy but I like all of the options that it offers, being able to pick one item and then change it completely with just the few clicks of a button. Also having the new body shapes with the sliders is nice too, instead of having the same shaped sims all over the place.

Worst Feature I've Found:
It might just be me (I'm running on coffee, cigarettes, and steam at this point) but I hate the fact that I can't make the lot move the same way that I can in the sims too. Where I can just neatly guide it to the location that I want it to go to. Instead I spend much of the time hitting the rotate button trying to get it exactly where I want so that I can add something to a room or take something from a room.

Like I said all in all it isn't a totally bad experince, it doesn't make me want to jump for joy but I haven't tossed my cookies either. So I'd give it maybe a 5.5 out of 10.

in order to get the lot to move you have to change the settings.
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 03:01:44 am »

That's the part I think some people ain't gettin'. The End User License Agreement prohibits under penalty of legal action any and ALL modification of code, textures or anything else on the game. Does that mean modders won't? Hell no. But it does mean you'll have to go searching deep into the seedy recesses of the internet to find them when mods do eventually start appearing, as they'll have to be hidden. WELL hidden.

I don't think even that is an option. If you are a modder, you will probably only mod for yourself, since its absolutely not worth the risk to possibly share with the wrong people.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 04:07:59 am »

For those (idiots  Grin ) like us, who followed TS over 1 and 2, it became clear that the first launching of the game is far from being perfect. This is the reason I think that simple users have to wait until some of the experienced so called top modders had chance to take a full look on the err bugs.
TS is unique on the fact that it is probably the biggest community having the highest number of very talented users. It is so a waste of talent when you have to tie you up to rules of "Do not Clone or Post anywhere" that in my meaning is exactly the same of the EULA rules being hard claimed.
If something has to be changed, it is the way you see the others. Everyone wishes a different thing and most of us are capable to make it happen.
People talk about ccs as if it was some kind of unavoidable evil - Wow! cc should be the main term for own customization - something that all of us deeply wish.
There's no one I suppose that buy this game just to play around with the caricatured faces of Eaxis employees and who didn't get fed up of Goopies or Brandies, not to forget the absurd of having cats and dogs named ALABAMA ( Here Alabama, go pee AAAlllaaabaama! Oh Man!)
People want to play their own life style, or something medieval, or something futurist, or some One gender World, or whatever, but something that says something to each one personly.
Of course I'm fully interested on the architectural. By reason of copyright, there's no other program that could satisfy a technical wish to build up and have some dummies to test the creations. TS lacks on correct measures but this is not a problem because it is beautiful and gives you a sense of real houses.
But as said, this same is named The Sims, not The Towns, or The Houses. So a lot of sophistication is required. Kids should be kids and Grown-ups have to play grown-ups.
Our life is basically composed of animations. We mimic full time and every of our actions are a collection of specific animations. I don't mean to add a totally insipid half EP just to make Sims to protect the eyes from the sun ( and cause my Sims to attach a garbage sack to the forehead when taking the trash out. Good Lord!
If something is too inadequate to minors, it is enough to make it discretly hidden (something like making woohoo inside a wardrobe. Oh Mammy!)
Yes, I have extremely high expectations for a Life Simulator, I want a SIMulator that makes possible to simulate my own world. It is not possible in real world to move a whole house wherever I want, but it would be very interesting if we could move those SIMulators to test what would happen in diverse positions and situations.
I want that those SIMS are able to show up reactions that imitates sort of feelings, repulse, joy or sadness, not someone that cries the death of the nearest beloved, turn around and tell a joke to the next closer.
I want that they are aware of neighbors, that they can hang over the fence and tell some news to the neighbor man or wife.
I want a dog that licks the face, a cat that sits on your lap and sleep on a bed by your side, not instead of you.

Well, I think I have to wait to TS297! Exactly like my fantasy little robot, it will fail hundreds of times.

xptl297
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 05:53:22 am »

ROFLMAO
I so agree with you!
Got the sims3 yesterday,can't play it without hacks.
First time in my life I'm not realy eager to go to play,lol.
But I'll give it a chance.
Too many things I don't like about the game.
Need a motive and a money hack,lol
Anybody knows where to find them?

Life is  just a game and we are the sims.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=22717
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 06:09:21 am »

Use the cheats, no hack required.
For the money there's the well known 'kaching' and 'motherlode' and for motives use testingcheatsenabled true and shift-click on the mailbox (or just drag the sims' motives individually with the mouse).
But making money the hard way ist much more fun.
papa_di

waiting for the cure for the worlds pain

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 03:15:08 pm »

Throw the mods out with no name attached and it will get passed around so much it will be hard to find out where it came from.I can't believe they would not want us to tear sims 3 apart like so many people have done with sims 2. Do you really think that sims 2 would have been so popular without all the CC and mods, all the sims forums Like this one? I don't. I would have left sims 2 on the shelf and not have purchased any of the EP's or stuff packs If it wasn't for the CC or the mods. I would have been bored with this Game along time ago. EA has to know they would stand to lose an awful lot of business if they went that route.They have to know that these sites and all the creators keep their sales up. They can't be that stupid. Can they?

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 06:50:26 pm »

I like it so far, the game diffently reminds me of Bust'n Out, has alot of the same features, change color, texture. You can change options for aging, right now my sims age at a very slow rate. One family has almost or has compleated their lifetime wish, but it doesn't change when compleated, and she is only YA! My babies take 25 to 30 days to turn in to a toddler, god thats forever! I had trips at the hospital and 2 out of 3 age in 25 days, the baby they had before; is still a baby and will age in 21 days. My YA wont age for another 150 days, god how many babies will she have before she becomes an adult!
So for all those people that don't like to age fast this is good for you!

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: