Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: The sims 3, What do you think?  (Read 67646 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
papa_di

waiting for the cure for the worlds pain

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2009, 01:12:04 pm »

Sorry EA, I hate it. My opinion
        Negatives
The graphics are like Sims 1.
You move in one family, Then go back to move in another, the family moved in prior disapears.(nope actually You can.My nephew told me, just not in the same place I guess)OOPS Have to check again.
Moving about is a pain.)
NO UNDIES!!!!!
Then tried to register the game and Couldn't!! (it was my fault its registered.)
No cheat codes really, I really liked the family funds code. Not there!!! (kaching and motherlode work)
You can turn the graphics up, it looks a little better. but the game lags very bad.
don't like placing prebuilt lots either, can only put them on the empty lots they put down and only lots that are same size or bigger, if you place it on a lot that is bigger you have a lot of waste. if you place it on the same size you can't rotate if needed
        Positives
I like the customizing, the color changing is cool.
Moving furniture is easier.
I like going to visit people that parts cool, but I would like to visit the people I created with the people I created.
Like that you don't have to buy clothes, you can get all clothes from the dressers, that will eliminate losing outfits when you move.

Solutions
Hopefully the great sims 2 creators on the web can make this game more fun by .
Making more lifelike skins and clothing.
Putting UNDIES back.
getting rid of the silly crap, by making mods.

As of now I rate it -wasted my money
I like Sims 2 Better :thumbdown:  :evil:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:04:33 pm by papa_di » Logged

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:38:26 pm »

Waste of money, indeed.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
kimmyfrmtx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 02:53:29 pm »

Well so far.....I think this should have come out between Sims and Sims2, I call it sims1.5

The graphics are still much better than they were in Sims1 but do have that feel.

You can move in your own families.  Once you are in your playable families house, choose edit town, then move your new sims into a home.  I suggest you do this very early before other families fill in the affordable houses.

I haven't had any problems moving about,  the camera controls can be a bit wonky at times tho.  I like being able to pull up the town map and tell my sim to visit.  I can then go back to the house and continue playing with the rest of the family while the other sims is out meeting people & doing something else.  He/she will come home eventually all by themself or I can just click on the arrows on its icon.  Or just click the ground and tell them "go here"

There are undies in the sleepwear area.  Some of them are actually kinda cute-surprised me

I know kaching still works, haven't tried motherlode yet as I don't mind helping them out but I don't want things to be to easy for them.

I like the jobs, many of the same jobs we are familiar with,  some of them actually branch off into 2 different areas at a certain level.  I like there is more than skilling & making friends to most jobs.  Some of my sims have had to read a book or give a speech as part of the job.  The political guy has to have fund raising parties.  My sims have been able to level up without having all the skills just by hard work.  I get to pick if they want to work normal, hard, slack off.  Some of the jobs have other options as well.

I like the gardening and collecting which surprised me as I really never got into it in previous versions.  Raising those plants from bad or normal to perfect, trying to collect them all etc.

I love love love that I can drag the smelly plates and old newspapers to the trash without having to leave live mode or direct my sim to do it.  Did I mention I LOVE IT?

I like my new moms being able to go have the baby at the hospital.......home births are annoying.  It seems to last FOREVER!

I hate the absent minded trait,  the dumb face and the "Homerlike" duh duh duh is annoying.

I hate the playdough like look of the sims

I hate the babies.....

I hate going back to the basegame again.  It has been a very long time but I have a foggy memory of Sims2 basegame and missing all the things from Sims1 that were later added in the EPs.
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:05:37 pm »

Pfft. Okay, definatly not getting it. How was the installation? Any weird s**t?

Admin note: While I can appreciate your disgust and disappointment, this is still a PG-13 site and some words just don't fly. The one I edited is one of them. Please be more careful in the future.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:51:33 pm by Paden » Logged

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:19:35 pm »

I have it -- I like some aspects of it and other's not so much, but that's the way I felt about prior sims games as well. It's something new to mess around with when I am bored with the other. I will most definitely keep playing sims 2 as well. I like it much better then the sims life stories,castaways etc..
If you get it Have fun .. if you don't you still have sims 2 I presume... Smiley

LOL *I AM DEFIANT ABOUT THE GAME* Man can I spell or what....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:03:16 pm by Care » Logged

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 03:54:20 pm »

Defiantly, huh? Don't you mean definitely? Or am I missing something here that you forgot to send me the memo about? Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
anillee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 04:28:32 pm »

According to various sites on the net, most of the cheats still work..you don't use boolProp anymore, though.. I think it's just testingcheatsenabled true or something to that effect.  The aging one, of course, doesn't because you can turn off aging in the Game Options (although I would LOVE to find a cheat to manipulate (read: disable) aging for ONE sim only). 

It has it's positives and negatives.  My biggest beefs are A) Your Sim just disappearing into a building when they go to a community lot (at least most lots work this way.  I'm aware of one other outside of the beach, parks and graveyards) and B) After like 11pm, NO ONE is outside.  I don't know if Sims 2 was like this prior to Nightlife, as I didn't play it before that expansion was released.  It's rather irksome though, especially if your Sim has a job that gets off late (like the music career jobs).

I really love the idea of being able to visit different lots (residential and community), that's huge for me.  I also like the traits and the (seemingly) improved AI. 

If anyone out there just got the game and is debating trying the free town they give you, Riverview..DON'T DO IT.  It's terrible.  Use Sunset Valley instead.

I hope we see some changes or an expansion pack soon.
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 04:42:05 pm »

I. Am. Wholly disappointed. The faces are really awful, no matter how much you try the faces still look puffy and the eyes are creepy. Why are their eyes constantly rolling around? It's creepy. I hate how plastic and fake their skin looks. I hate all of the hairstyles and make up. The clothes suck three kinds of ass. The stuff that comes with the game is a very big let down, unless there is some heavy modding and CC I will not be playing this game much. I wasn't even that much impressed with the personalities, they all seemed to just be offshoots of Lazy, Active, Neat ect... Visiting other lots is nice, but not enough to sustain a whole game. It's like they spent so much time on making a whole outside world, they forgot half the fun of playing the sims is picking out clothes and decorating your house. Speaking of decorating your house, making a house on the Sims 3 is ten times more annoying that it was on 1&2 and that's saying A LOT! I think Maxis dropped the ball big time on this one. I think sells will be up for a hot minute because it's a new game and everyone is caught up in the hype but then I think sells will level off. This game isn't worth the money EA is Charging. Who ever said it should be called the Sims 1.5 is exactly right, this game takes way too many steps back. Way too many.

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
anillee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 04:52:03 pm »

One thing about the pudgy faces that I noticed..

It's the young adults that seem to have fat faces.  When my character matured into an adult, his face was much more normal looking.  I don't know if you guys are using the young adult models or not (the game default is at young adult when you make a new Sim).
LVishere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 06:02:32 pm »

Um, so what about the clock?
papa_di

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 08:05:45 pm »

Um, so what about the clock?

OK, I'll bite. What about the clock?

started a new \\\\\\\"ever wonder why?\\\\\\\" Everyone needs to smile more!<br />\\\\\\\"90% of the world is made up of fools and idiots and the rest of us are in danger of contamination.\\\\\\\"
mbxhottie196

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:50 pm »

anything positive... wow i feel bad i bought the game im installing it as im writing this
papa_di

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »

anything positive... wow i feel bad i bought the game im installing it as im writing this
Well.....I like going to all the neighbors an impregnating the whole town and your kids age with you an don't have to live with you and no child support. LOL. sorry to excited about that!
My nephew kind of reminded me that I wasn't that impressed with sims 2 till EP's and custom content. So I guess I'll have to wait an see. I'm stuck with it now....

mbxhottie196

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:23:51 pm »

lo0l... yes i remember the sims 2 where nothing like they said it would b... lo0l the trailer was better than the game(when it first came out)
papa_di

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 10:22:19 pm »

Not to be greedy, But has anybody heard of anybody working on tools or content or more important mods for this game yet. It really needs help!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: