Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:50:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm I the only one who would rather just keep playing sims 2.  (Read 62316 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »

Tell Jenna that she keeps bashing me for playing it Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2009, 08:45:37 pm »

Tell Jenna that she keeps bashing me for playing it Tongue

Jenna bashes you for everything. You should be used to it by now, dude. Tongue

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 05:44:02 am »

And for those who lament the CAS. It can make some really cool sims, however, it takes a lot of time to get the hang of it. I've seen a lot of the same basic sims being made, but every now and again, someone who has put in the hours necessary, comes up with a real winner. I suspect that this will become one of those areas that some modders will specialize in, because if you are impatient and get frustrated easily, believe me when I say you really don't want to try it too seriously.
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2009, 10:01:20 pm »

I mean it's great to have new things and all, but I can't get in to TS3. Playing only one family per neighborhood not being able to see inside the any other buildings. I had so many hopes for this, now I feel like someone stole my puppy......... Cry

WHAT?Huh?Huh?

I didn't even know you couldn't see into the buildings!!! that's insane!!!!! now i feel like someone stole my puppy!!!

The only thing i want in it is the beach...it's amazing Cheesy but not worth giving up my beautiful sims.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2009, 05:31:30 am »

I didn't even know you couldn't see into the buildings!!! that's insane!!!!! now i feel like someone stole my puppy!!!

Yes, it's true. You can't see into the buildings that your sims go into, and cannot interact with your sims while they're doing things in them.

That's why they're called "rabbit holes", and they're despised by all the players now. They don't add anything to the game and they detract mightily. Add to that fact that you can't even make your own community lots and that really blows.

Yes, they made the Sims 3 mighty shiny. Wonder if anyone at EA even ever played the Sims 2? By the looks of this game, they didn't even try to figure it out, and built Sims 3 from air.

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 05:44:08 am »

I've found at least two buildings you can go into, the bistro and the grill. Also the library. I know you cannot see inside the market, theater, bookstore, hospital, etc. Maybe in later releases, who knows? Adding the interior to the crypt in the cemetery would be fun, I think. Lots of possiblities for future expansions.
mrnapolean1
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2009, 06:49:56 pm »

i was reading on another post that they may be working on a expansion pack for the sims 3. you never know ea might just lift the modding ban off the game. and give you access to look inside the supermarket. cool
could it be The Sims 3 University? who knows what ea has up their sleeves. i guess well find out.
tootx

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2009, 07:01:41 pm »

I mean it's great to have new things and all, but I can't get in to TS3. Playing only one family per neighborhood not being able to see inside the any other buildings. I had so many hopes for this, now I feel like someone stole my puppy......... Cry

no your not. I had sims 3 on my computer but got ride of it because i like 2 better.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2009, 05:23:39 am »

I don't know. I read on one of the threads here that a French site was reporting the first expansion is coming in November.
Jennifer32

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2009, 12:28:29 am »

I only recently ordered the game so i haven't played it yet but i'v seen a lot of default skins and eyes that seem like they'll be desperately needed i'v read nothing but negative about the game so i'm hoping i haven't wasted 50$ on a game thats really bad theres nothing worse than buying a bad game i still play sims 2 i never played sims 1 i only played the console sims games like bustin out before moving on to sims 2 and in my opinion if you took away all the mods and custom content from sims 2 i probally wouldn't like it as much i mean the original skintones are drab and the make-up looks bad and the eyes are pretty bad without default replacements for those it wouldn't look as good and the clothes are pretty awful i only ever use custom clothes and the loading thats the thing that made me want to try out sims 3 when i heard there wouldn't be a lot a loading screens thats the best thing ever however i seriously doubt i'll stop playing sims 2 because i have sims 3
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2009, 05:42:53 am »

Yep, I even still visit Sims 1 every now and again. I think folks are expecting too much too soon. It is still in it's infancy as a game. As mods are developed and expansions and stuff packs created, it will get better. From EA's perspective I suspect that this is a good thing, they can still milk the cash cow. On the other hand, it keeps a lot of folks employed at EA, shippers, wholesalers, retailers, etc.
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2009, 01:23:10 am »

i went and bought it like a fool and am desparately trying to enjoy it since it cost me £4o, but i just can't! though the graphics are a leeeetle bit better than ts2, the animation is craptacular and it pisses me off that you can't enter all the comm lots (actually go in and see what's inside them) during gameplay. also, there's not a whole lot of 'new' and 'better' like they said there would be.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
Anonymous
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2009, 02:21:13 am »

Even though sims 3 have so many different things more improved than sims 2, the only thing i hated about it is the skintone,eyes and facial structure. They look like they were made out of mud and all of them look like barbie dolls face(looks fake like slicon)but in sims 2 there are a great selection of skintone and eyes and deffently you can give the sims 2 sim better facial strucure than sims 3.
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2009, 01:24:44 pm »

I only recently ordered the game so i haven't played it yet but i'v seen a lot of default skins and eyes that seem like they'll be desperately needed i'v read nothing but negative about the game so i'm hoping i haven't wasted 50$ on a game thats really bad theres nothing worse than buying a bad game i still play sims 2 i never played sims 1 i only played the console sims games like bustin out before moving on to sims 2 and in my opinion if you took away all the mods and custom content from sims 2 i probally wouldn't like it as much i mean the original skintones are drab and the make-up looks bad and the eyes are pretty bad without default replacements for those it wouldn't look as good and the clothes are pretty awful i only ever use custom clothes and the loading thats the thing that made me want to try out sims 3 when i heard there wouldn't be a lot a loading screens thats the best thing ever however i seriously doubt i'll stop playing sims 2 because i have sims 3

Even though I confess to being hard on Sims 3, there are many positive reviews out there. It's just that there can be quite a difference of opinions re this newcomer! And IMO, EA Games held back on just what this game was capable of doing.

I think it's just as others have written ... if you're expecting Sims 2 Amped, you won't be getting it. If you're the type who likes to place a lot of lots where you like them, have your Sims schmooze inside any store and commercial building you please, or you play a lot of families (I have dozens, and play almost all of them at one point or another), or if you don't like the idea of your Sims doing what they want without you around, you may not be fond of this game. If you like downloading distinctive custom terrains, you may not like the open neighborhood.

Oh, and you may have a big problem getting this game to play, even if you do meet the specs. But many people have had no problems.

This game is not without its charm ... actually, it has a lot of charming features .... but it does have a lot of limitations, too. Some people are not bothered by them, and some are. It's up to the individual player.

I'm still stickin' with my Sims 2 for a long while, though. Smiley
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2009, 04:47:26 am »

they really screwed the pooch on the sims 3. i was expecting better.
not looking forward to the oncoming expansion.
my excitement for new sims series games coming out has vanished for good, as long as they continue working on the sims 3.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: