Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:02:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 biggest launch in EA history  (Read 23421 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 02:24:20 am »

The thing was designed to sell and make mega bucks. Player satisfaction never entered the into equation.
1.4 million and growing, now boosted by TV. advertising.
Do you honestly believe EA. cares whether the game is playable or not? A lot of game magazines are giving this tripe 9 out of 10.
As I said earlier, once you hand over your cash you become a statistic on their sales chart.
Phase two will entail a long spiel about all the fixes and extra game play that all will enjoy and no doubt wet themselves over in the inevitable EP.
And no doubt the bugs in the ist. EP. will then be corrected in the second, and so the money cycle begins.

Bit of late news. Prices are dropping already. Apparently the thing isn't selling as hot as the reviews are suggesting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 01:39:12 pm by roerzman » Logged
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 01:53:16 pm »

The reason the price is dropping is that as more players actually run it and then become disappointed/disillusioned/dismayed/pissed off by the game, they're uninstalling it and selling it to their friends or on EBay. They're telling their friends, and the word is spreading. Hell, even the Amazon site reviews are mirroring this-out of so many reviews, the majority of them are negative or less than stellar.

Look for a massive influx of used Sims 3 games on the various reselling boards.

EA can call it anything it wants, but that doesn't mean that it will be sustainable without a serious patch/reworking.

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 02:09:14 pm »

Hey Mary!

What do you mean by "used Sims 3 games"? something like this?  Cheesy

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 03:01:06 pm »

me in my case i can say that i am very satisfied with the sims3 game and i am playing it every day. Wink

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 03:11:03 pm »

That's very fortunate for you, Pierre. And for many others, I suppose, but not for all the players out there.

"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
My LiveJournal
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 04:41:04 pm »

I'm one of those players who is VERY unhappy with the Sims 3. I just can't get into until there is some decent CC out there. Part of the fun of the Sims was living a life you can't live, Closet full of clothes, really cute clothes, changing up your hairstyle several times a day. Driving around in expensive cars. It was like the ultimate playing house. It's not just the cc the Sims themselves have a lame feeling to them, They don't really have any new interactions, they all end up looking the same. You can't go into any buldings so even going downtown is pretty boring. The Sims 3 just doesn't feel the same as 1&2. Also story telling has been shot to hell, since EA didn't add much to the game and the outfits hairstyles are hideous it makes it hard to tell a story, especially when your trying to make a certain type of character.  EA should start listening to the fans and actually give us what we want and not what they think we want.

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 04:58:30 pm »

EA should start listening to the fans and actually give us what we want and not what they think we want.

No game company is doing that. By expecting them to listen you're falling into a similiar mistake the fanboys over at official sites are making - to believe that there are companies who care for their customers. They haven't even included what they think their customers want, but what their businessplan allowed. Their only interest is in sales figures and in avoiding lawsuits. Everything else is just PR talk to fuel the money machine. There haven't been game developers caring for their customers since the last genuine gamers are out of business.

You can fully expect to be sold horse manure at the release date. The last time I was making the mistake of preordering, I was awarded something I wouldn't even want to scratch from my shoes. That was five years ago and lesson learned. Better safe than sorry.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 05:28:46 pm »

Rave revues and all that other razmataz are there for the gullible and to reassure those who will buy irrespective.
Pre Ordering any game is foolish to say the least, one doesn't pre order a suit of clothes, you try it first to see how it fits, same with a car, test drive first.
This so called biggest launch may be just that, but this is the first time I see a high profile game such as the sims being discounted after a fortnight.
If by the beginning of next month it hits the dollar bargain bin as seen at the entrance of many game outlets, will these fools that have been rating the thing in the 90s eat their words and try to retain some credibility?
For goodness sakes the opinion throughout the gaming community is about 50/50 on the thing, so how on earth do they arrive at such a figure?   
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 05:43:31 pm »

Well, pre-ordering console games isn't so bad, because you know titles like Final Fantasy are usually pretty damn good and kick some major hind end.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 05:54:49 pm »

Tee hee hee. I am willing to bet that Paden won't buy it even if she was given a large discount. Cheesy

*and while writing this...*

Well, pre-ordering console games isn't so bad, because you know titles like Final Fantasy are usually pretty damn good and kick some major hind end.

YES! That's my girl!  Kiss
Not to mention that there is always a demo of FF out long before the game's release, which means you can play the demo and then pre-order.

My LiveJournal
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 06:09:36 pm »

Precisely, with the tried and tested you're pretty safe, but if you line up for something completely new and choose to ignore and disregard the known faults, you more or less get what you deserve.
For those that got bitten the evidence was out there, one just had to look.Taking EAs. word as gospel is foolhardy to say the least.
In the months leading up to the release of this game there was more than enough controversy and suspicion surrounding their new game to make some of the sims 2 community sit back and think twice about jumping in blindly.
Unfortunately there are well over a million who wanted to believe that what they saw and heard in all the promotions was what they were gonna get. And so now you have a great many them waving their burnt fingers in the air trying to unload the thing on E.Bay.
The greatest launch? I wonder if EA. are including the second hand sales in their figures?
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 06:28:02 pm »

Precisely, with the tried and tested you're pretty safe, but if you line up for something completely new and choose to ignore and disregard the known faults, you more or less get what you deserve.

You don't do that with something completely new. I mean, how stupid you can be? But in the case of The Sims 3, it wasn't something completely new. Many people felt very excited that there would be a new, improved version of the Sims out and they were looking forward to it. Can you blame them?

Although I have *never ever* pre-ordered anything in my life but books and mangas, I can imagine why they did it. For the very same reason I will pre-order "FFXIII Versus" when they give the green light: because of the certainty it will be a great game. 

Unfortunately, it seems it didn't work that way with TS3.

My LiveJournal
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 07:39:51 pm »

(nodding head in agreeance) I too fell for this ''new and improved'' version. Don't get me wrong, I mostly enjoy the game cause I can play very big mansions with very little ease whereas on my sims2 I can not play without the ''crashing'' (SAD) but it also seems that after awhile this version also has a ''crash-like'' thing going on as well. And I'm very spoiled behind my cc- the lovely hair, furnishings, clothing, cars and so forth in the sims2. Not to mention the ability to have various types of weather and places to go and you can actually go INSIDE these places!!!!! The colleges and all the pets and stuff. The wonderful mods that all the different sims sites work hard to create so we can make our sims game actually OURS!!!!! There are good points to the 3rd version but mostly bad, and I'm speaking from my OWN experience with the game cause I have been playing it since it came out. That's what I respect about this site is that you can voice your opinion and still have respect for everyone else's! I can agree with both sides of the fence cause the scenery may be lovely and you can explore the entire town without loading, but I expected more. My sister paid $80.00 for the collectors edition!!!! You can download a car and get simpoints but that does not make up for the lack in the sims themselves. They may have real like features like the eyes and traits and moods but some of the life like items are missing. Look how the cars are now, the inability to actuall see what your sim is doing at work or even the store, only the gym is accessible!? You ca't really put a house anywhere and the 60x60 lots only have 3. Those are my personal favorites!!!! The hair and clothes SUCK!!!! No choice of which side you would like to put your jewelry on like sims2!!!? The hair has no bounce like sims2, no nails (ughhh) and the furnishings, what happened to all the good stuff?Huh?? Sims2 had all the best furniture you can possibly think of; and now some of it has to be bought from the sims store?Huh?? I enjoy what I can from this game but trust me until they start coming up with some sims2 items for the sims3 soon, me and the many others who are dedicated simmers will soon lose interest in the 3rd generation and gonna have to go back in time for some real sim satisfaction!!!!! Unless they come up with a way to ''fuse'' sims2 and sims3 into one huge game, but then our comps might explode from ''Bulls--t'' overload!!!! hahahaha

I am ''The Velvett One''
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 07:47:22 pm »

By labeling it with the Sims label, EA guaranteed sales. They didn't guarantee that people would be able to play, or enjoy it.
They were a bit less than forthcoming about which kinds of computers or gaming rigs you need, and they weren't about to blow this launch by doing so. To say the least they are guilty of the sin of omission, if nothing else.
They were also very heedless about the average player who does not have the bucks to shell out for the rig that you obviously need for this game.
But EA doesn't care about the customers-that much is true. If they had truly cared, they would have made a better game that almost everyone could play and enjoy.

In the end what we, the customers, asked for is not what EA provided. They wanted our money, and we wanted a good game.

Guess who won that round?

Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:06 pm »

Hmmm.. those who didn't buy it? Smiley

My LiveJournal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: