Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:38:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: skintone talk  (Read 31278 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 11:40:33 pm »

Hmm.....I'm not a big fan of the Sims 3 honestly. But I wouldn't mind making some tutorials when appropriate modding tools are available. But there's only two problems...

1. Poser 7 is expensive (it cost me $300 lol So much for my graphic design major >_<)
2. It's used predominately for animation and not so much modeling (though it does have good modeling tools). I think 3ds Max or Maya would be a better choice (which can create models just as good or better than Poser). But those two are still very expensive.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 11:54:59 pm »

oh ok, but my question is, how do I pack them as a file for the game? u know if I make this for the sims 2

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 12:06:52 am »

Hmm....I think we'll have to wait and see what the modders come up with. Because there's probably a specific file format for Sims 3 models. Whatever plugin they use (such as something similar to SimPE) would have to be compatible for Poser.

Personally, I would suggest you extract any models you decide to build as .obj files. This is a universal file format that can probably be converted into a Sims 3 package file in the future.

Now, if you're referring to skintones, that is much simpler. But be aware that the light rendering in Poser is part of what makes the models look so realistic. You can simply extract a .jpeg image from a model in Poser and then use that as a default replacement for Sims 3.

geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 12:40:01 am »

oh ok thax for the info, yeah, I'll wait till they make something that's like the simPE. cuz on my opinion, this game needs a better look, cuz dislike how EA made that crappy skintone and look, my goal is to make sims extremely real. everyboby wants real sims not EA sims lol!

Skaarjy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 12:57:27 am »

man, that cool dude, i hope u can make some for the sims 3

take a look at this site

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=68157

Skin looks great, the eyes are a bit freaky though.  The big if is if they and sims 3 use basically the same uvmapping style (front and back).
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 04:24:11 am »

Wow! that would be the most excellent thing, anyone could do for the sims community, and that is to make a sim that realistic! I mean that would be really neat if you could pull that off for TS2 game, because in my eyes TS2 deserves a go more than TS3, since TS2 has been out since 2005, and the resources for anything you would want to use, would be right there. I do respect your decision to make it for TS3 though, if thats what you want to do, but it would be equally as great for its predecessor. Grin
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 12:34:22 pm »

SimGurl, I am actually in the process of making better hands for the Sims 2. So in time, I might have high-poly models for it.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 02:57:17 pm »

Neat! I hate the flat looking hands on the sims in TS2. I would really love to see what you come up with Jasumi, when you finish. Grin
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 05:12:51 pm »

that's a great idea jasumi, cuz the sims maxis hands sucks, like I say, I'ma wait till they make a simPE to do my project, I just wanna help the community, cuz that my goal to make us simmers happy.
I want the sims 3 to look the looks and have good skintones to make the whole town look real. I love realistic sims

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 06:23:17 pm »

I love realistic sims, too. They are just more interesting somehow.

A preview of the hands I'm making for sims 2:

Of course, the females will have a more feminine version lol

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 07:29:00 pm »

Lookin' good! Do want for Sims 2! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 08:47:06 pm »

man, u got remarkable talent, I want to learn this so much, to make this project happen, what program are u using jasumi?

Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 10:08:31 pm »

The hands were created in 3ds Max 2009, I exported them as an object, and then used Milkshape to connect them to a sim body (since currently, the sims community has been using Milkshape to import and export everthing). I imagine the Sims 3 will use Milkshape as well.

You can buy it cheap, too: http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 12:49:37 am »

That looks fantastic Jasumi, It amazes me to see some of  the talent in the sims community.  shocked
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 05:07:20 am »

oooooh, sexy hands to go with the sexy feet ... me want *nods* most definately!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: