Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:16:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 3 biggest launch in EA history  (Read 23413 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 08:00:34 pm »

I preordered it from amazon & I don't have any problems.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 10:53:14 pm »

Well I need to say this, and this is the truth so help me god. I am beyond a shadow of a doubt absoultely and utterly SICK of this game, I mean I thought that maybe by updating my drivers that the game would run faster, and I have to admit it did for a spell, but today when I tried to play the damn thing my sim wouldn't even move and froze up like it did when I first started having problems with it!! Explode I have thought about it, and I feel like I would be letting my boyfriend down, by uninstalling and just forgetting that he put almost 200$ into all my TS2 games, and that just wouldn't be right for me to throw all that away for this stupid game. I certainley am not going to buy a whole new computer just to be able to play this monstrosity. I will be eventually buying a new computer, but for my purposes and not EA's, so ladies and gents I will be installing and actually 'enjoying' my sims once again I thank you. I knew this game was too good to be true, and was being gullible by grabbing it up at release day, like so many other sheep. I will never make that mistake again. I MIGHT give this game a chance, once I see some definite improvement and a patch be made. I might install this game again, since I did give 55 bucks for it Ugh.. GAH
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 01:03:04 am »

What I find sad is that at best, this game is a crap shoot. If the reviews on the "standard" Sims 3 are any indication, you have about a 50% chance that you will really like the game, or at least find it somewhat interesting (three-star), and about a 50% chance of loathing it (one star), or at least not liking the game very much at all (two-star).

If someone tried to sell me a game by telling me that I have a 50% chance I will like it, I wouldn't consider that great odds. Compare this percentage to the Sims 2 on Amazon. About 12% of those who bought the game gave it a one- or two-star rating. The Sims Complete Collection admittedly has a much smaller sampling, but percentage-wise, did much better than this current game. Only about a half-percent gave the Sims Complete Collection a one- or two-star rating.

If you like to gamble, this game might be good for you, though at the rate the price is dropping, you might want to hold out a bit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 03:47:59 pm by gazania » Logged
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 02:42:27 am »

BTW, the contents of the EA online store is already "online", and I don't mean at EAs site.

Nice try keeping the pirates out by using their own installer.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 03:21:43 am »

1.6 Million copies sold in the 1st week? That's nice, ain't it? Just goes to show you how long it's been since EA's actually made a ground breaking game. Now...compare their numbers for TS3 to the release of a game such as...I dunno...Grand Theft Auto 4, which sold 3.6 Million copies in it's 1st DAY of release (Want proof? Click here, that's small potatoes by every stretch of the imagination. It's EA doing exactly what I said they'd do months ago, play off their numbers to make it look like the game was a success, when by all accounts from a sales perspective, it flopped like Waterworld. As far as high profile game releases, it doesn't even come close to some of the previous ones of this year OR last year. By the numbers, it didn't even come remotely close to what they were banking on it bringing in when they announced the game's 1st release date. Way to make it look like you're winning the fight when you've actually got your leg broken so badly the bone is sticking out of the skin, EA.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 04:00:46 am »

BTW, the contents of the EA online store is already "online", and I don't mean at EAs site.

Nice try keeping the pirates out by using their own installer.
Hosting that junk is just flattering EA.
People should just give it bit more time. The way things are going, they'll probably give the stuff away soon.
BTW. I've scouted around and seen some of the creations at MTS. and TSR. Pink green,and purple puddings, wow!
Any fence sitters like me that snoop around looking for something human that might make the game a worthwhile purchase are probable shaking their heads in disbelief. It may be a big launch but I can feel it may be an even bigger flop,
PixieStyx26

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 02:56:48 pm »

it flopped like Waterworld.

I'm sorry that was so funny. Thanks for making me laugh.

:love1::spanish:<br /><br />Caution Tattooed Freak on a Leash may Bite<br /><br />When there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s no future how can there be sin?-Sex Pistols
''Blakk Velvett''

''I am, was, is and always will be ME =D''

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 01:29:09 pm »

(laughing hysterically) kudos to that folks!!!!! I am soooooo close to uninstalling the sims3 cause my game may play a awhie good then PLOP!!!!!! My sister game does not do that though ugghhhh angry anyway mts has some nice stuff and I'm still looking around for other sites with some nice sims3 stuff( humping shoulders of unsurety Undecided) Sims2 is looking really good right about now shocked

I am ''The Velvett One''
abaris

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2009, 01:37:09 pm »

My sister game does not do that though ugghhhh angry

Probably because she's playing on a different computer. EA isn't my cup of tea with all the things going on there, but not everything can be blamed on them.
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2009, 04:25:55 pm »

My sister game does not do that though ugghhhh angry

Probably because she's playing on a different computer. EA isn't my cup of tea with all the things going on there, but not everything can be blamed on them.
Actually her comp is worse, cause after all her hard playing it shuts down and her windows self-deletes!?Huh?! I'm on a laptop and she's on a desktop!!!! The random shutting down I can't explain, but the game itself can use some improvements. For once they could've came to us with some input on how we wanted it, after all WE ARE the ones who spend to play  huh Wink 

I am ''The Velvett One''
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 12:55:45 am »

*shakes head sadly* Another one that thinks EA Games gives a rodent's posterior about what we, the customers, want. Honey, with them it's all about the money, not about what we want to spend it on. They figure that if they can fool us until we get the merch home, then kachiing!!, that's more profit for them, to hell if it's actually something we're going to enjoy playing with or be satisfied with. They. Don't. Care. We are dollar signs to them, nothing more.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2009, 07:39:10 am »

Hence, the exact reason they have still failed to release a friggin' patch! angry

I'm still not going to waste my time installing it and unistalling my TS2 games, nuh uh; not after all my hard work of getting all my downloads back..don't think so EA, keep your piece of garbage, you proudly proclaim as "The BEST Sims Game EVVARR!" Bleh
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »

Well, Sims 3 isn't perfect straight out of the box. That's a given for any software product to have bugs when they're released to the public. Sometimes there isn't enough time for the patches to be worked into the products when they're slated to be produced, packaged, shipped and stocked for sale.

Sure, I like Sims 3 better now that there are a handful of competent modders working together more or less to improve or even fix Sims 3.

Keep in mind that it takes time to develop patches and test them thoroughly before they are released.

I'm not saying it's the best game ever, but I'm saying that people like Rick, Delphy, Pescado, Inge, Peter and others are making efforts to develop new tools to do extensive modding for Sims 3 as well as developing hotfixes to address the serious issues in Sims 3.

Figured I would step in and say that not everybody dislikes Sims 3. I don't love it, but I do play Sims 3 and come up with ideas to improve the game in my own little ways.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
''Blakk Velvett''

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2009, 04:53:18 pm »

Well, Sims 3 isn't perfect straight out of the box. That's a given for any software product to have bugs when they're released to the public. Sometimes there isn't enough time for the patches to be worked into the products when they're slated to be produced, packaged, shipped and stocked for sale.

Sure, I like Sims 3 better now that there are a handful of competent modders working together more or less to improve or even fix Sims 3.

Keep in mind that it takes time to develop patches and test them thoroughly before they are released.

I'm not saying it's the best game ever, but I'm saying that people like Rick, Delphy, Pescado, Inge, Peter and others are making efforts to develop new tools to do extensive modding for Sims 3 as well as developing hotfixes to address the serious issues in Sims 3.

Figured I would step in and say that not everybody dislikes Sims 3. I don't love it, but I do play Sims 3 and come up with ideas to improve the game in my own little ways.
Exactly. I do enjoy the game as I said before cause I can now play huge homes with no crashing, and thanks to the modders who are figuring out ways to bring out the ''true gems'' of the game. Without them there would be little to no interest in it.

I am ''The Velvett One''
amberfaye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2009, 06:55:57 am »

I think this time next year the sims3 should be a fun game to play. The first issue needing addressing is these damn empty buildings and the freakin "story progression", which is a horrible trick EA has played upon us.
A cxouple of fixes, a couple of expansions, and a TON of custom content and hacks and it should be an awesome game.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: