Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 03:24:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop star Michael Jackson dead: report  (Read 10674 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 08:04:53 pm »

Man, a lot of well-known faces have gone from this earth this week.  shocked  

Naturally, I'm a little unsettled about the news... it was so unexpected and happened so fast.  But then again, you never can predict when or where something like this will happen.  In fact, it still hasn't quite sunk in with me yet, since he had such a strong impact on the music industry and many people's lives that his essence still lingers as if he were still alive.  Weird thing to say, but the reality is gradually making its way into my mind now.   Undecided

My heart goes out to the kids, family, true friends, and devoted fans.   Cry

serena7267

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 11:58:51 pm »

Cry3 Michael will be missed by so many. RIP Michael. Cry2 Cry2
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:11:55 am »

I don't care about the dumb scandal crap. It had nothing to do with his music and in truth he was an incredible musician and will be missed by a whole lot of fans. It's weird to think that all of this was so sudden. I mean, Ed McMahon was really old, Farrah had cancer so we could all kind of see it coming. But this one really had no warning. There was nothing in the news about him being sick or anything. I really have to wonder what happened.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 08:22:06 pm »

I meant to comment on this sooner, I am so sad to hear of Michael's passing. I will proudly admit that I loved his music! I still dance, when I hear thriller, beat it etc etc. I have been watching the reports on his death all day. The media think that his live-in physician might have overdosed him on demeral sp. (because he was given a shot moments before his death) and supposedly the said physician is nowhere to be found? sounds like a guilty concious to me.. Sad
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:31:34 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 11:38:25 pm »

... didn't know it until I read it here. I've never been a big Michael J fan, but it really is sad that great entertainers like him pass away so soon. 50 is just far too soon.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
maniac19642003
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 07:51:31 am »

What Will Happen To Michael Jackson's Children?

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/28723/what-will-happen-to-michael-jacksons-children/
maniac19642003
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 11:32:29 am »

http://new.music.yahoo.com/michael-jackson/news/spokeswoman-doctor-not-suspect-in-jacksons-death--61990644

Spokeswoman: Doctor not suspect in Jackson's death

AP, Jun 28, 2009 9:00 am PDT
The cardiologist who was with Michael Jackson during the pop star's final moments sat down with investigators for three hours to explain his actions, and his spokeswoman says he is not a suspect.

Dr. Conrad Murray, a physician with a tangled financial and personal history who was hired to accompany Jackson on his planned summer concert tour, reportedly performed CPR until paramedics arrived at Jackson's rented home. The pop star was declared dead later at UCLA Medical Center.

In his interview with police, the doctor "helped identify the circumstances around the death of the pop icon and clarified some inconsistencies," Murray's spokeswoman Miranda Sevcik said in a statement Saturday. "Investigators say the doctor is in no way a suspect and remains a witness to this tragedy."

The statement said Murray has been in Los Angeles since Jackson's death, and plans to stay here until his cooperation is no longer needed.

Police confirmed that they interviewed Murray, adding that he was cooperative and "provided information which will aid the investigation."

The interview took place on a busy day when one of Jackson's lawyers was chosen to represent the family's legal interests and celebrities descended on Los Angeles for a star-studded public celebration of the King of Pop's life at the annual BET awards show.

President Barack Obama has written to Michael Jackson's family expressing condolence, White House adviser David Axelrod said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." Obama did not issue a statement following Jackson's death, but the White House has said the president saw the pop star as a spectacular performer whose life had sad and tragic aspects.

L. Londell McMillan, who represented Jackson last year in a breach of contact lawsuit and has advised high-profile clients such as Prince, was picked to help the family by Katherine Jackson, the singer's mother, said a person who requested anonymity because the matter is private.

The legal move came as the Rev. Jesse Jackson revealed that Michael Jackson's family wants a second, private autopsy of the pop superstar because of unanswered questions about how he died.

"It's abnormal," Jesse Jackson said from Chicago a day after visiting the Jackson family. "We don't know what happened. Was he injected and with what? All reasonable doubt should be addressed."

People close to Jackson have said since his death that they were concerned about his use of painkillers. Los Angeles County medical examiners completed their autopsy Friday and said Jackson had taken prescription medication.

Medical officials also said there was no indication of trauma or foul play. An official cause of death could take weeks.

There was no word from the Jackson family on funeral plans. Many of Jackson's relatives have gathered at the family's Encino compound, caring there for Jackson's three children.

It remains unclear who Jackson designated as potential guardians for his children. Those details — likely contained in the 50-year-old singer's will — have not been released.

An attorney for Deborah Rowe, the mother of Jackson's two oldest children, issued a statement Saturday asking that the Jackson family "be able to say goodbye to their loved one in peace."

Sisters Janet and La Toya arrived Saturday at the mansion Jackson had been renting and left without addressing reporters. Moving vans also showed up at the Jackson home, leaving about an hour later. There was no indication what they might have taken away.

The Jackson family issued a statement Saturday expressing its grief over the death and thanking his supporters.

"In one of the darkest moments of our lives we find it hard to find the words appropriate to this sudden tragedy we all had to encounter," said the statement made through People magazine. "We miss Michael endlessly."

There was no immediate word on whether the second autopsy was being performed right away. Jesse Jackson described the family as grief-stricken.

"They're hurt because they lost a son. But the wound is now being kept open by the mystery and unanswered questions of the cause of death," he said.

Organizers of the annual BET awards show — which recognizes the best in music, acting and sports — scrambled to revamp Sunday's show to honor Jackson and his legacy.

Previously announced acts, such as Beyonce and Ne-Yo, hoped to change their planned performances to honor Jackson, said producer Stephen Hill. Other artists who hadn't planned to attend the ceremony, including Usher and Justin Timberlake, tried to catch last-minute flights to Los Angeles to participate.

___

Associated Press writers Anthony McCartney; Sophia Tareen in Chicago; Juan A. Lozano in Houston; and Gillian Flaccus, Brooke Donald, Beth Harris and Mike Blood and AP Global Media Services Production Manager Nico Maounis in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
maniac19642003
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 07:09:26 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_michael_jackson

Lawyer for doctor: Jackson had pulse when found

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer Anthony Mccartney, Ap Entertainment Writer   – 1 hr 12 mins ago

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson still had a faint pulse and his body was warm when his doctor found him in bed and not breathing, a lawyer for the doctor told The Associated Press on Sunday.

Lawyer Edward Chernoff also said Dr. Conrad Murray never prescribed or gave Jackson the drugs Demerol or OxyContin. He denied reports suggesting Murray gave Jackson drugs that contributed to his death.

Chernoff told the AP that Murray was at the pop icon's rented mansion on Thursday afternoon when he discovered Jackson in bed and not breathing. The doctor immediately began administering CPR, Chernoff said.

"He just happened to find him in his bed, and he wasn't breathing," the lawyer said. "Mr. Jackson was still warm and had a pulse."

Chernoff said any drugs the doctor gave Jackson were prescribed in response to a specific complaint from the entertainer.

"Dr. Murray has never prescribed nor administered Demerol to Michael Jackson," Chernoff said. "Not ever. Not that day. ... Not Oxycontin (either) for that matter."

Paramedics were called to the mansion while the doctor was performing CPR, according to a recording of the 911 call. Medics spent three-quarters of an hour trying to revive Jackson. He was pronounced dead later at UCLA Medical Center.

People close to Jackson have said since his death that they were concerned about his use of painkillers. Los Angeles County medical examiners completed their autopsy Friday and said Jackson had taken unspecified prescription medication.

Murray was interviewed by investigators for three hours Saturday. His spokeswoman called Murray "a witness to this tragedy," not a suspect in the death, and police described the doctor as cooperative.

Three days after the death of the King of Pop, celebrities descended on Los Angeles for what promised to be a spectacular celebration of Jackson's life at the annual BET awards show.

Media requests for the Sunday night show doubled following the death, and the red carpet was lengthened. It was not immediately clear whether any members of the Jackson family, who gathered at their Encino compound over the weekend, planned to take part.

Previously announced performers including Beyonce and Ne-Yo, were working to overhaul performances they had planned for weeks so they could honor Jackson. Other stars tried to catch last-minute flights.

A private pathologist hired by the Jackson family completed a second, private autopsy Saturday, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing unnamed people familiar with the case.

A second autopsy can allow the family to get some information about a death almost immediately, including signs of heart, brain or lung disease or fresh needle punctures, said Dr. Michael Baden, a medical examiner not involved in the Jackson case.

"Usually if it looks normal with the naked eye, it looks normal under the microscope," said Baden, who recently performed a second autopsy on actor David Carradine.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson said after visiting Michael Jackson's family that the family still had unanswered questions about how he died.

Los Angeles County coroner's officials said their autopsy found no indication of trauma or foul play. But because of additional tests, an official cause of death could take weeks to determine.

There was no word from the Jackson family on funeral plans. Many of Jackson's relatives have gathered at the family's Encino compound, caring there for Jackson's three children.

On Saturday, three of Jackson's brothers — Jackie, Jermaine and Tito — visited Jackson's Neverland Ranch where they walked the manicured grounds and reminisced about his life. It is not clear what will become of the ranch, which has been under renovations.

Owen Blicksilver, a spokesman for the joint venture that owns the ranch and included Michael Jackson, said it was premature to discuss the future of Neverland. He said investor Thomas Barrack feels close to family members and wants to hear their thoughts on how best to honor Jackson's memory.

Blicksilver says Jackie, Jermaine and Tito Jackson were joined for lunch Saturday at the sprawling Santa Barbara County property by Barrack, who previously set up the joint venture with Michael Jackson after the singer nearly lost the ranch to foreclosure.

A White House adviser said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that President Barack Obama had written to the Jackson family to express his condolences.

In an interview that aired earlier Sunday, Jackson's father said he does not believe stress over the intense series of concerts the King of Pop planned for his comeback led to his death.

Joe Jackson also said he believes his son will be larger in death than he was in life. The patriarch of the Jackson 5 said he wished Michael Jackson were around to see the outpouring of affection since his death.

"Michael was the biggest superstar in the world and in history," Joe Jackson told Fox News Channel's "Geraldo at Large." "He was loved by everybody, whether poor or wealthy or whatever may be."

___

Associated Press writers Sophia Tareen in Chicago; Juan A. Lozano in Houston; and Nekesa Mumbi Moody, Gillian Flaccus, Brooke Donald, Beth Harris and Mike Blood and AP Global Media Services Production Manager Nico Maounis in Los Angeles contributed to this report.
maniac19642003
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 08:40:32 pm »

Television networks planning Jackson coverage

http://new.music.yahoo.com/michael-jackson/news/television-networks-planning-jackson-coverage--61990854
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 08:38:04 am »

I still find it hard to believe that he is gone. Lordy I am 50, it's a bit unsettling when someone your own age passes away.
I feel bad for his family especially the children, and now it seems as if there might be a custody battle. With his mother being 79, it's just my personal opinion, but to me she is too old to take on the responsibility of raising children. Everyday there seems to be more and more upsetting things being reported. I can't imagine how difficult this must all be on his family. How sad it is that all his secrets will now be bandied about in tabloids.
I am so glad I am a nobody.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 03:40:24 am »

I may not of liked him and thought that he did do something to those little boys. But I loved music and for that I will miss him.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: