Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 09:07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 being forgotten?  (Read 11730 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hopawaay109

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2009, 01:50:13 pm »

I don't know about you guys, but i've found many of my favorite sites for sims 2 content seem to have nearly stopped uploading sims 2 content, often in favor for sims 3...sites i used to check everyday and find something new and excited, i find that there are only one or two new posts.
I know maybe i'm expecting a little much, for enthusiasm for a 4+ year old game to be maintained, but i still am kinda sad.
Am i the only one who feels this way? or are most people thinking "ditch sims 2, sims 3 is more exciting"?
huh
Is the sims 3 better now that there are mods? Is the sims 2 going to be forgotten so quickly?

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions." :asshole:

See my retro/music inspired sims 2 creations here :rr:

Looking for Sim contests? Go to Simoasis! :]
scarletlady
Engaged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:02:22 pm »

I hope it won't be forgotten because I can't stand Sims 3! I don't think it's better at all, so I really hope the Sims 2 CC community stays alive.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 02:04:32 pm »

We'll do our humble best to keep the Sims 2 stuff alive, kids. Smiley

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 02:14:59 pm »

i hope so Paden! lol, i know i'm not ready to give up the sims 2! I know All About Style is only doing sims 3 now, mod the sims 2 uploads are going slowly, and i know i'm checking here everyday for something new... Insim is basically my only hope is seems! <3 insim XD

"And that's why you never make assumptions...because you make an ass out of you and mumptions." :asshole:

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 03:03:42 pm »

Not so! Look in the Sim 2 Web section of the site here, and you'll find plenty of places that are still doing Sims 2 stuff, Sailfin Sims included. You'll find the work of someone you know of over there. Free registration is required, though, hope you don't mind.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 03:39:55 pm »

oh wow, you're right, thanks for pointing me there...

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 03:40:46 pm »

I have my Sims 2 site SIMply Edward. I'm updating about twice a week with recolors and Sims.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 05:10:54 pm »

I have noticed this too hopawaay109. It really makes me sick to my stomach to see so many turn to TS3, and just push TS2 to the side like for example I was just on MTS and the creator Squall117 just released a new cool mod for non-default sandals for TS2. He said the post would be his last, as he is now playing TS3! TS3 is a sickening and poor display, to be called a sims game in my opinon. I will never bend to the game again. It's TS2 all the way for me. I do feel like TS2 will be just like TS1 after about a year or so though, seriously and that scares me.. Undecided
hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 05:22:07 pm »

i hope this isn't that case, SimGirl, what you're pointing out is exactly what i'm getting at, i'm afraid there won't be anymore interesting mods or new objects created, that forums won't be about the sims anymore...that tutorials will get deleted, that sites shut down, or replaced... :/ I wonder how long it will last...

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 06:50:11 pm »

I haven't even gotten sims 3 yet. I've just started meshing for sims 2, and since I'm mostly interested in the storytelling aspect (including the dozens of pose hacks and other things I've downloaded) Sims 2 is so far a lot better on that. SO I'll stick with sims 2 for a long while yet Smiley
I don't even have a sims 3 section at my site... And since neither I nor him I share the site with play sims 3, there's no use for it yet (He just started playing sims2, as a matter of fact...).

Until EA starts to fix problems, and until posing for pictures becomes easier (aka. poseboxes or similar), I'm not going over to Sims 3 permanently. I'll most likely stick to Sims 2 even if I start playing sims 3. To me, sims 3 sounds more like a spinoff from sims 2, and not a new and better game.

And sadly, sims 3 is not really made for the kind of storytelling I do... I need control, sims that doesn't age unless I want them to, and saving of as many families as I want to save. Several neighborhoods is a plus, too... And I do actually like Bodyshop - even within its limits. Plus, there's already a programme for fixing/meshing Sims2 (SimPE). It'll take some time before a similar (and just as good) programme will be released for sims 3 (if at all).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:11:15 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 09:28:19 pm »

To be perfectly blunt, the Sims 3 is going to go by the wayside a lot faster than one might imagine, surprisingly-because EA is not correcting the problems that the game is causing so many people, and it is literally turning fans of the series away from Sims 3 back to Sims 2.

My evidence? The Sims 3 forums. They're full of people complaining about the glitches, the crashes, the freezes and just lousy general gameplay. Of course it's dependent on the computer, so if you've not gotten it, make sure you can run it before installing it.

Besides the technical problems, people are starting to notice the lack of features that they hope and pray will be corrected in the inevitable EP's that are being planned.

All in all, Sims 2 is still alive and kicking. You might be surprised that it will be around a lot longer than everyone is suggesting and promoting.
Too many people are getting burned by Sims 3 to ditch Sims 2 completely.

Sims 2 sites that dump the content are going to be sorry to have done so prematurely at this rate. The smart ones, like this one, MTS, MATY and some others, will not because they have the wisdom not to just throw everything away at the drop of a hat from EA.

They're smarter than EA. They like to please their customers.

hopawaay109

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 10:27:14 pm »

theraven, what you're saying makes sense, and there are a lot of story tellers out there...

MaryH, i had no idea! i chose not to buy the game after poor reviews, but after the dissing died down, i just noticed a lot of changes in the community. I had no idea it was this bad and that EA hasn't done anything to fix it...perhaps Sims 2 will have a longer life...

heartless

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 12:04:40 am »

I still plan on playing Sims 2 for a long time. In fact, when one of my friends got the Sims 3 I made an effort to convince her that the Sims 2 is better.  Grin She's starting to see my point now that's she installed Sims 3...  Wink
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 11:31:44 am »

That does make sense MaryH. I can see how so many would turn to TS2 from TS1 because of the leap EA made with the overall gameplay and technology that went into the game. I mean TS2 WAS the next generation in the sims franchise, and people couldn't get enough of it, and would be hard pressed to turn away from it to go back to TS1, after seeing the overall affect it had on the community. EA just wanted to make a quick buck, in light of the suffering economy and they just threw this so-called sims game together, without a second thought to what the community really wanted. This game is not worth being called a sequel to TS2, if at all it deserves to be called an add-on or a spoof. I agree with you Mary about EA not doing crap to fix the game, hell I haven't even seen a patch be released for the game yet. All the wonderful mods and hacks and fixes everyone is so giddy about, EA had no say so in, and the community made them all NOT EA. I don't think EA really give a damn about fixing the game, I mean they got OUR money didn't they? What else do they need? angry
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 02:51:10 pm »

To be very honest, I was one of those "Never give in" people who played Sims 1. When Sims 2 came out, I fought a hard and mostly useless battle to not have to get the Sims 2.

I almost felt like a traitor when I did get Sims 2, because I had saved up enough money to get the Complete Collection for Sims 1 not that long before.

But since I've played Sims 2 far longer than Sims 1, and have enjoyed it immensely, to hear that Sims 3 resembles the first game more than a fair amount makes me angry that EA has slopped together features that do not mesh, do not work and end up in a game that has dubious technical perks for the advantage of "enhancing gameplay", IE, the "seamless neighborhood".

To have all the joy sucked out of the game by EA is not my idea of fun, and while there are some features that I'd die to have in Sims 2, I will not give in to their blatant money-grubbing exercise this time. Enough is enough.

EA is doing themselves no favors by whipping a dead horse and then putting a price tag on the body. They've doing a damned good job of it, from what I've read all over the net.

The fact that some very talented and creative modders have put every effort into improving gameplay, is a testament of the highest order to their ability and dedication to the fanbase, including old Mr. Pescado, who (despite legions of 12's descending on his doorstep by the hour) has graciously and fervently made mods to actually put EA's programmers to shame.

If the game is a hit, it will only be because those people put more effort into the game than EA ever thought of, and will continue to do so until they feel their talents are not needed.

I applaud them for their work, and hope they continue. But that does not make me any less angry that EA has truly "stopped the clock" with Sims 3 and it will not induce me to buy it.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: