Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:54:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ADD? ADHD?  (Read 12639 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:04 am »

My whole family has either ADD, ADHD, Asbergus or are just quirky.
I know that if I was in a normal school, I'd be called ADD.

But I'm just curious as to how many people there are on here that have ADD, ADHD, Asbergus or something like that.
I wanna know what your quirks are if you have any.

Mine are that I don't like being around people, I cannot stand quiet, I'm incredibly bright in maths, I have to have something to fiddle with.. And a whole heap of other things.

Please tell me your experiences/quirks with/from ADD, ADHD, Asbergus and so on.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 10:56:08 am »

I'm not, but my sister-in-law has it. She isn't all hyper, running around like people on tv that have it. It's just hard for her to concentrate on a lot of things. She can sit still for long periods of time, but she says so many things go through her mind at one time that it's hard to push everything away and focus. She likes to keep her hands busy with drawing or painting as a hobby. She's un-medicated.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:43:15 pm »

I'm also un-medicated. My brother is on medication, because if he goes off it he gets really cranky and does stupid things like jumping off buildings and so on.
My father is on medication, because otherwise he does run around like the people on tv, and can't concerntrate.
Me, my brother and my father, all have a furious temper, which gets worse when they get off their pills.

No more hiding
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:23:47 pm »

When you look at my sister-in-law trying to figure something out, you can honestly see that she's thinking and the wheels in her head are turning. You can also almost pinpoint the time where she loses her train of thought and has to try concentrating all over again. Also if you're talking to her about one thing and someone quickly changes the subject, she will stay stuck on the previous subject and yell at people when they confuse her...then she gets really embarassed when she realizes she has missed like 10 minutes of the conversation.

My uncle and aunt said that their son had ADHD...but he really didn't. They were totally crappy parents that didn't want to let little boys be little boys. Just because he liked to run around and play, and they didn't follow through with telling him to calm down, they said it was ADHD. They didn't help him with his homework when he was little, and when he didn't stick to doing it, they refused to admit fault, and just insisted it was his ADHD. Yet they would give him his medication with Dr. Pepper, and let him eat sugar packets...and they wondered why he was so active.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 08:02:32 pm »

that's pretty dumb there, Jamie. I hate it when people automatically assume that meds will make an ADD/ADHD sufferer smarter, with less homework help. and when they don't succeed, they get mad and blame the kids and their disability. what really gets on my nerves is that when parents find out that their kid has a learning disability, they just disown the kid and try to get away with abuse and neglect just because their kid is "special".

to be honest, I'm not sure what the hell my mental state is! I've been getting weird self-diagnosises from my friends and family: borderline autism, depression, schizophrenia, Asperger's Syndrome, Obsessive Complusive Disorder (obsessive, maybe. compulsive? no way! I mean, don't repeatedly wash my hands and all that junk...where was I?), kelptomania, multiple personalities, ADD, low self-esteem, etc. you name it, I'll bet you one of my family members or friends diagnosed me with it. and the thing is, I repeatedly deny that I have any of the listed disabilities...well, I can agree on the low self-esteem stuff, though. rolleyes

my parents don't think I have ADD, but I have to admit, it has been a lot harder for me to concentrate recently, especially around the middle of the spring semester last year. my mind has a really bad tendancy to wander around and I can hardly get anything in on what the teacher's say. and strangely, I still pass most of those classes. huh then again, school might have a lot to do with my mentality. I mean, I was fine all summer and during weekends, but when it's a school day or event, my mood sinks every single time, especially during English, which is why I'm dropping that advanced class.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »

I have the same thing Soul.
I reckon if I was ever diagnosed, I'd probably be taking a pill martini every day and night.
I find that even if I don't pay attention, I can still recall whatever the people around me were saying or doing (which is excellent for when you get in trouble)

No more hiding
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:07:08 pm »

My oldest son has ADD/ODD and Schizoaffective Disorder. It get's kind of scary when he is off his meds, and my second middle has Autism.

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 11:02:59 pm »

Its gotta be hard being a mother of some one with Autism and things like that. I know it was hard with mum. The amount of bruises and cuts she got from my brother when he would go off his nut.

No more hiding
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 11:55:05 pm »

My son isn't hard to take care of at all he is in the middle spectrum of Autism and fairly normal. He is sweet and loving he can talk read and write. He needs no medications He for the most part has actually pulled out of it. My hardest is my oldest with the ADD/ODD and Schizoaffective Disorder. He hears voices and see's things that are not there. He gets delusional and has a big problem with authority figures. And when he is un medicated it is so hard which now that he is 18 and off his meds its really hard..

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 02:46:53 am »

Yeah.. my brother could read, talk and write and everything.. He actually left home at the age of 13.. but we won't go into that.

What is ODD?

No more hiding
Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 11:59:28 am »

Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 03:43:11 pm »

I have ADD, and I have the WORST intention span.... I am always doodling in class so that I don't totally ignore any lessons....

my teachers always yell at me for it, and say I'm lyinh when I tell them I have ADD..... my cousins all have it too, so we are all impatient, hyper jumpy kids when we get together!

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 03:34:00 pm »

Just found out I have ADD, severe ADHD, and OCD... man is that a combination or what!?

Find me on moonlight <3
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 05:44:09 pm »

Blimey..  Hugs

I know what you mean though with your attention span. Mum is always telling me off for not focusing on my school work and the teachers have to call my name about three times because I don't listen and I'm always day-dreaming.

No more hiding
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 07:02:21 pm »

Oi, a few days ago in history we had to watch this educational movie  rolleyes

Anyway, I was drawing the whole time, and finally the teacher came over and asked me to stop. After class I went up to him and tols him this. "I have OCD, ADD, and really bad ADHD, if I try to pay attention I will forget what is going on. I honestly have to be doing something else or I will forget, and not learn anything. So if you mark me down I will transfer classes."

Then he listened. Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: