Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:23:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: TS2 and Windows 7  (Read 14714 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 12:03:04 am »

ok, i just got stuck with a windows 7 comp yesterday & i spent the entire day trying to get my custom content to show up in the game--now i FINALLY got that working, but i can't for the life of me get my own music into the game, & every single thing i find online only shows how to do it on xp (my documents/ea games/sims 2/music) but i already could add it to the game in my sleep with xp...with this win 7 crap, there isn't even a music folder! please someone, anyone help!
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 12:35:38 am »

There's a similar problem with some computers that have Vista as well. Have you tried browsing through your Program Files? (I have a Vista and I have only used a Windows 7 on occasion). Maybe you just have to go through Program files to find it. Good luck!
nocturna76

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 02:01:08 am »

yeah u have to go thru program files (x86) on win 7 & what i had to do was create a downloads folder & put it in the apartment life folder to get the custom content to show up, but i've looked thru every sims related file or folder in my program files (x86) folder, & there is no music folder anywhere, there's a sound folder but i've tried putting my old sims music folder in 2 different places now  (apartment life folder & sound folder) within the program files (x86)/ea games path & nowhere at all seems to make the music show up in my game & it's drivin me nuts *sigh*
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 10:35:08 am »

Wow, that is tough! I hope you do find a solution Smiley
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 09:37:19 pm »

yeah u have to go thru program files (x86) on win 7 & what i had to do was create a downloads folder & put it in the apartment life folder to get the custom content to show up, but i've looked thru every sims related file or folder in my program files (x86) folder, & there is no music folder anywhere, there's a sound folder but i've tried putting my old sims music folder in 2 different places now  (apartment life folder & sound folder) within the program files (x86)/ea games path & nowhere at all seems to make the music show up in my game & it's drivin me nuts *sigh*
It's basically the same format for XP... have you checked under your My Documents folder instead of the Program Files (x86)/EA Games one?  Because that's where you should be looking, and where all custom MP3/Music files should be placed if you want them heard in-game. Wink  You should have the Music file where you can put your own custom MP3s in the folders in the following location:

C:\Users\*Your Username*\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Music

In that folder should be subfolders for each station/mode.

If it's not there, you may want to double check and see if everything is really installed correctly... that's a folder that always shows up after installation, with or without custom content.  Smiley

Also, just as a Moderation Note, please be sure to help us with poor eyesight by using capitals letters at the beginning of sentences.  I'll be honest, I can't read words on the screen very well without knowing for sure where each sentence begins, and the capital letters let me know for sure where those beginnings are, so I kind of had trouble understanding at first what you had already tried out.  That, and it is a rule (7th line down) that helps both the English and Non-English comprehending posters and readers out for clarity. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:52:50 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: