Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:08:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: What TS2 Hack Do You Regret Putting In Your Downloads Folder?  (Read 30422 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 10:42:00 pm »

@hamsammich  tongue
Yeah. The kids sucking face always crowd my already overfilled school hallways. It's hilarious watching sims suck face though.  Grin
If my school was like the sims, I'd be the pissed off sim trying to get by. My school hallways are already huge. Like 4 sim tiles wide by my guess. But 2300 kids would make you think your trying to slip through a crevice.

I like me some torched Don myself Paden! I prefer the classic pool-without-a-ladder myself.  Cheesy

I need more freetime.
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 10:57:47 pm »

LMAO if seeing people sucking face in the hall way grosses you guys out, I suggest you don't come to my school. People dry humping at school dances, actually humping in the bathrooms, and several pregnant chicks(one of which happens to be my friend Tongue)

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 11:46:33 pm »

An usable sword (from MTS2) that looked really cool - but caused jump bugs all the time. I had serious problems getting it work correctly, and luckily I didn't save the game. Removed it shortly after testing it.

Also, a non-updated version of the Imsimenator after I installed a new EP. Jump bugs, sims that didn't move, and other serious problems. But switching it with the updated verision worked wonders.

Oh, and that incendiary bomb from simswardrobe. The lot seemed to never stop burning, and I never used the bomb again... I tend to test stuff like that for fun, for never to use them again...

Other than that, the over 10000 unsorted files I had back when I was quite new to downloading is the worst I've ever had in my downloads/savedsins folders (that was before I knew I could use sub-folders).

I guess I've had my share of hacks and mods that didn't work like they should. But at the moment everything seems to be working (except for the memory problem I've got - my game doesn't really like 18GB  shocked of downloads).

I know what you mean about the sword from MTS. Here I was thinking "sweet!!! Now I've got something to use to make cool pics for stories." Then the jump bugs started happening and my thoughts switched to "WTF!!!" Removed it in a frakkin' heartbeat.

The incendiary bomb is actually one of my fave hacks. *Evil grin* Many unwanted sim families have  been casualties of freak military accidents in my hoods...lol. Or course I ended up have to build way more graveyards as result, but it's all in the name of population control. Cheesy

But if there is one hack that caused me the biggest grief, it was Bloom's sexy feet default replacement hack. An AWESOME hack mind you. Problem is all of the meshes it annihilated in my game that were made off of nude meshes, hence...the "shoes" were now replaced with sexy feet covered in shoe textures. And seeing as I have a crapload of CC that was made pre-sexy feet, it made more sense just to delete the mod rather then trying to fix everything. Besides, most new bodyshapes and nude/barefoot meshes come with sexy feet anyway, so it wasn't a total loss getting rid of the default replacement.

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 03:31:29 pm »

@ Paden-

Yeah, I don't mind constantly probing Donny-resulting in multiple Mpregs-it's just hallarious to see him in labour. My Don  has been tortured endlessly, always constantly on aspiration falliure. LOL
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:31:06 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
mizer
Evil Cold Giver
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 12:27:13 am »

i think the risky woo hoo hack was my biggest mistake it made everyone in one of my households pregers which made it quite difficult  too take care of all 5 of them and it happened every time! so I had too get rid of it!
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:57 pm »

@mizer
Yeah, I can understand how that would be hard. It's hard enough to raise one baby. (I try to avoid using cheats.) *GASP!*

zombie
mizer
Evil Cold Giver
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 08:21:03 pm »

I only use them when my sims are really bad!
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:36 pm »

@Mizer
I do, too. If I'm in danger of the social worker, or if I'm nearly due for a visit from Grimmy.  Grin

zombie
gazania
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 06:35:34 pm »

The Christianlov skintone changer ... the one that looks like a picture.

It sounded like a wonderful idea, but I didn't realize back then, when I used it with a vengeance to change skintones so I could get rid of older ones I didn't like, that the changer wasn't permanent. If you had to remove it, your Sims went default. And sometimes, the features you chose on one skintone looked really awful if you switched skintones, whether those skintones are custom ones or not.

To make things worse, for some reason, when I had it in one of my games (I have 2 games on 2 computers), my Sims refused to paint pictures, which meant I HAD to remove it. So hello, defaults!

Thank goodness for Sim PE.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 03:51:39 pm »

@Gazania

OOH! Fear the ramen! I had the exact same problem. I thought I was going to go mental by the time I got that thing totally out. It clashed with everything. I'm really suprised so many people replied to this thread. It makes me feel so happy!

Yes, yes, we all know I have no social life. AND I AM PROUD!
...Well, not really...

LOL
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:01:23 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 09:12:38 pm »

Sorry for replying to my own thread, I'm home ill and haven't got anything to do. I've disovered a new hack that borked up my game and wasn't picked up by the HCDU..."Rent Furnished Apartments Outside of Debug Mode"! It caused odd jump bugs, random pie menus showing up everywhere, and it was pretty much royally borked. I'm glad I write down which hacks/mods I put in my Downloads folder, otherwise, I might've had to delete all my CC.  Undecided
(7.19 GB of it...)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:35:59 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

No one taught you how to do the dance with your hacks? Sure, it's long and tedious but you didn't have to delete your 7.x GB worth of CC to find that one itty bitty little problem mod buried deep in.. well you get the idea.

I would be cautious about certain mods that involves debug options since they may be experimental mods that weren't finished or abandoned.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 01:25:26 pm »

Use a separate Hacks/mods folder - with a link to where you found the hack together with each of them. 

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 03:01:07 pm »

That would be a very smart idea.
VERY smart. I think I'll do that.
Thanks guys!!
 Hug2

zombie
Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 06:20:25 am »

I had Carrigon's rape/fight hack and ACR, and I think they were conflicting, though it did not show up as a conflict in the checker. I liked Carrigon's for its plotline ideas but actually it's not rape - just fight nude. So it was disappointing. ACR got boring quite soon, and seems a little unrealistic to me: ALL Sims are not nymphomaniacs... I'm going to try Pescado's fight club again instead. Never used InTeen, teenagers are kids to me.

Am tempted to try Zombie Apocalypse but I need to get the game working perfectly again first. I have altogether too many hacks, and have to rotate them out fairly regularly.

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: