Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:58:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The sim 2 Double Deluxe Help  (Read 2192 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JenniferlovesOrganic

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:58:20 pm »

Anyways I bought the The sims 2 double Deluxe twice.   This my second one.  The first was totally smashed up from Hacks.    So now I am having similar problems with this one.  I put less hacks on the new one.  But anyways I am have problem installing certain items in the house.  Like Toilets, and other things that go against the wall.  When I try to put something near, or against the wall.  It flashes red saying I cannnot put an Object there.   This goes the same for Beds.  Even if the bed isn't touching the wall.  But it's in a perfe4ct size room for the bed, it feels like it touching the wall. So it also turns red.   Another problem is setting the tables and chairs, it seems that the chairs and Tables are blocking there way.  They complain something about not being able to sit there or something.   So can I please get help.   OH also before I hacked I can't get the bodyshop to work.  Also I'm stuck playing the store edition of the sims 2.   I want to play the double deluxe, and not the store version.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:42:00 pm »

I guess you mean the green arrow turns red, and not the furniture itself (if that's the case, it might be your graphics card that needs new drivers).
If you by any chance have the "seethem" hack installed, then x out the snapobjects window. It might cause problems with placement.

If the double deluxe is a cd/dvd-rom, and the problems continue, then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the entire game, making sure all files are gone, before you install it again. I'm not sure how that works if you buy them from the store edition.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
JenniferlovesOrganic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:23:44 pm »

I guess you mean the green arrow turns red, and not the furniture itself (if that's the case, it might be your graphics card that needs new drivers).
If you by any chance have the "seethem" hack installed, then x out the snapobjects window. It might cause problems with placement.

If the double deluxe is a cd/dvd-rom, and the problems continue, then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the entire game, making sure all files are gone, before you install it again. I'm not sure how that works if you buy them from the store edition.

Now I got a new problem, ever since I had all the skills of one sim family up.  Every item in the sims house, like the toilet, Computer, sink, Piano, Bathtub keeps getting broken after every use of that item, it's out of Order.

<admin edit: fixed quote>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:56:17 pm by Jenna » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:54:50 pm »

Try playing once with no hacks and no downloads. Could be you have some conflicting or outdated hacks, or some other problem.

If thr problems disappear, you should make sure all the hacks you have are compatible and updated to the newest version.

If the problems continue after trying this, you might have to reinstall your game.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

Now I got a new problem, ever since I had all the skills of one sim family up.  Every item in the sims house, like the toilet, Computer, sink, Piano, Bathtub keeps getting broken after every use of that item, it's out of Order.

If you've been using the boolprop testing cheats you may have inadvertently clicked on the 'break inducer'. To turn it off have debug mode activated , shift-click your Sim and choose 'Break suppressor'.
JenniferlovesOrganic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 05:36:32 am »

If you've been using the boolprop testing cheats you may have inadvertently clicked on the 'break inducer'. To turn it off have debug mode activated , shift-click your Sim and choose 'Break suppressor'.

OH ok, I think that was my problem.  I was clicking around for that little baby, til found it.  It's only with one sim family.   The others are not having that problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: